Code-enforcement fight in Winter Park...

Code-enforcement fight in Winter Park coming to a head

There are 69 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Code-enforcement fight in Winter Park coming to a head. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Bennie Guy Ellis Jr. has held code-enforcement officials at bay for more than a decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bill Manseau

AOL

#67 Aug 19, 2008
Today there is enought assications for people to live in. That likes to live by all these rules. Me being a GOD believing person and the greats commandment is "love thy neighbor as thy self"
If you don't like it move to one of them places.We are not all the same so leave people alone to live the way they want. Who ever made you people right by living the way you think? Nobody I Know. Code Enforcement needs to be done away with and let us live as to what makes us happy. Violation of const. rights. To be let alone,purse happiness,be free. So get a life if you are complaining about someone esle. You would not like it if I came to your house and told you what i didn't like so don't do it to others.
Bill Manseau

AOL

#68 Aug 19, 2008
I am thinking about filing a lawsuit against the U.S. for allowing code enforcement to act like this. I want to call it the REDNECK ACT With this code enforcement actions there is getting to be no place left in this world to be a redneck. We use everything at the right time and always have it when you need it.I am in a lawsuit now with the city because I've worked out of my house for 23 years and they close us down. Plus because i have a boat and a RV there law say i can only have one. CAN'T GO FISHING AND CAMPING AT THE SAME TIME. What is this world coming to. People get a life and leave us alone.
Bill Manseau

AOL

#69 Aug 19, 2008
I think i found case to show code enforcement is at least unconstitution to a point. Anyone email me if you agree the code enforcement at your home is unconst. [email protected] i am going to submit this to the U.S. I have already been talking to the Gov. office in Fla. about this. But violations are all over the world.
Gruppenfuhrer Rumsfeld

Orlando, FL

#70 Aug 21, 2008
Ten-cent millionaires wrote:
I never cease to be amazed at how many people want EVERYTHING government controlled--as long as it's the other person being controlled. Once liberty is lost, it is never regained. Maybe if the ones of us who would still like to enjoy a little freedom from NAZIS are lucky, the complainers will get some new neighbors who don't like them. Then the rest of us can sit back and say goody goody. Maybe they want their grandchildren to live in total bondage. There are still some of us don't.
Quiet, dummkopf.

Vee know vhat is best for zee United Shtates. Unt vee are makink sure zat zee Demokrats cannot undo zis ven vee leave zee Reich -- uh, zee Vite House....
Laurie

United States

#72 May 18, 2011
I have known Guy Ellis almost all of my life. He was my mother's boyfriend in HS and she was a Florida native. His house along with others in the area have been there forever. He is a very intelligent man that as some may not understand - does not necessarily have the $ to maintain the property. Why doesn't the City hire a team to clean up the property and help them financially maintain it instead of spending all the tax $'s fighting with him? I can guarantee you that he and his wife would choose to live better if they were offered the resources they deserve, Help them - stop hurting them - If not for their respective age then at least for their life long history as Winter Park residents.
lmao

AOL

#73 May 18, 2011
oh please
Jake

Palm Bay, FL

#74 May 18, 2011
I live in rural Orange County and am expected comply with the same restrictions as winter park.
Winter park codees on Bithlo wages dosn't work and isn't fair.
I have a permit to do what I want on MY property.
It's spelled DEED!
My privacy is more important than ANYONES curiousity!
Don't like it , get off my property and don't look at it.
Smarter than Me

Orlando, FL

#75 May 19, 2011
"Why doesn't the City hire a team to clean up the property and help them financially maintain it instead of spending all the tax $'s fighting with him?"

Not sure if it is true or not but the article stated they tried to clean the property up for him and he refused.

~Sylvia Wooten, Winter Park's chief of code enforcement, agrees that the dispute has gone on too long. The city has offered to help Ellis clean up, but he has always refused, she said. Court is the last option.~

Now, just cause it was printed in the Orlando Sentinel doesn't make it true.
mark

Palm Bay, FL

#76 May 20, 2011
I agree that ,You don't help people with a ticket book. Put your money where your mouth is and show it with your check book!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Reality Speaks 1,459,174
News Judge's brother, a convicted murderer, is back ... (Mar '08) 1 hr flbadcatowner 84
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 7,944
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,336
News Doctor offering 'chelation therapy' has office ... (Apr '08) 21 hr Debbieg1 10
News Best phone to track your kids? -- OrlandoSentin... (Jun '07) Nov 16 ahmet 19
Trump's Crazy Train Oct '16 AmericanWoman 1

Winter Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Park Mortgages