Ocoee cop accused of spanking women d...

Ocoee cop accused of spanking women denies wrongdoing

There are 20 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 13, 2008, titled Ocoee cop accused of spanking women denies wrongdoing. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Ocoee police Sgt. Thomas Maroney is firing back against allegations that he fondled and spanked a Seminole County woman against her will.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

moses

Center Hill, FL

#1 Jul 13, 2008
poor man he is the victim here,, women are manipulators and notoriuos for changin their mind.. she probrably agreeded then decided no say no .... the same happed to mike tyson ...read the book...
a guy is not safe in this wiked social enviromenmnt where women can cry wolf ANYTIME..
slipnot

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jul 14, 2008
Nothing will happen to this guy. He will promise to stop drinking and go into an intervention program. And the sexual assault charge will be conveniently forgottne about by the DA. And of course the victim will have to be threatened by the police and the DA.
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Jul 14, 2008
Hey! Maroney? When you close your eyes does the palm of your hand still itch thinking about that hot pink little butt you were spanking? Get some help you fool.
Jessica

Sanford, FL

#5 Jul 14, 2008
Gloom and Doom wrote:
Hey! Maroney? When you close your eyes does the palm of your hand still itch thinking about that hot pink little butt you were spanking? Get some help you fool.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, Couldn't be any more clearer!!! LOL
Hmmmm

Lakeland, FL

#6 Jul 14, 2008
I can understand the battery part.....but none of what I read in the article constituted attempted sexual battery by Florida Statute....the media just simply have to stretch the truth to get ratings huh.....The Sentinel sure lives up to its nickname "Slantinel" that's for sure.
observer

Titusville, FL

#8 Jul 14, 2008
Hmmmm wrote:
I can understand the battery part.....but none of what I read in the article constituted attempted sexual battery by Florida Statute....the media just simply have to stretch the truth to get ratings huh.....The Sentinel sure lives up to its nickname "Slantinel" that's for sure.
Pretty sure, if I read the same report, that it was when he yanked off her pants.

While I will agree that this story has a few missing ingredients it seems that Officer Maroney was not behaving as we would all expect our police to behave.

Since: Jul 08

Smalltown, MS

#9 Jul 14, 2008
ok... This is so pathetic... I have been reading this crap and have some thoughts..
1- If this was just some blow off of the street we wouldn't have heard crap about it.
2- Ok, so he was drinking/ drunk- why did the girl go walking with him?
3- If someone wants to get away- they can.

Sounds like this broad wants to get a little attention or some money and this officer is the poor person who happened to be the culprit.

Girl get a job. And don't hang around with drunks.

Smalltown, MS

#10 Jul 14, 2008
observer wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure, if I read the same report, that it was when he yanked off her pants.
While I will agree that this story has a few missing ingredients it seems that Officer Maroney was not behaving as we would all expect our police to behave.
Ok, people say that cops are cops 24/7. But in reality, they aren't. I mean come on man, get a life. You can't hold him accountable as an officer for something that was conducted off duty. I mean could he arrest someone if he had been drinking. Think about it.
No Surprise

Dallas, TX

#11 Jul 15, 2008
He denied doing anything wrong......Wow what a revelation? Of course this Perv Cop will be lying his butt off!
Idiot Watch

Summerfield, FL

#12 Jul 17, 2008
Hmmmm wrote:
Lucky for you the Sentinel doesn't actually decide the charges moron. He forcibly removed her pants and fondled her. Try google before you run your mouth next time.
Idiot Watch

Summerfield, FL

#13 Jul 17, 2008
WTF-STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, people say that cops are cops 24/7. But in reality, they aren't. I mean come on man, get a life. You can't hold him accountable as an officer for something that was conducted off duty. I mean could he arrest someone if he had been drinking. Think about it.
You are right. He is not on duty 24/7, but he is expected to obey the law 241/7 just like anyone else.
get with it

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Jul 26, 2008
Idiot Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. He is not on duty 24/7, but he is expected to obey the law 241/7 just like anyone else.
The cop stripped a woman, sexually touched her, spanked her bear but with his hand and his belt, leaving marks. All without her consent. No one cries when when give consent.
That is a crime - Attempted sexual battery, battery, and false imprisionment. Plus her has a problem, he did this in 2004, using the same tactics. A card trick, bringing the victim alone away from the other people at the party, then he said he OWED her for the card trick and the payment was oral sex, and a spanking on the bare but. He is showing signs of a sexual preditor. Would you let your daughter go to a party with him. He has sexual problems and he committed a crime. Cops are on the job 24-7 when it comes to committing a crime and integrity. Would you like this cop investigating your case is you were the victim? The courts would laugh at him and the case would be dropped.

United States

#15 Jul 26, 2008
What's wrong with a little spanking?

I'd rather be spanked by a cop than given a ticket.

I suggest that from now on, all minor crimes will be simply punished by a spanking.
What

Kissimmee, FL

#16 Jul 26, 2008
moses wrote:
poor man he is the victim here,, women are manipulators and notoriuos for changin their mind.. she probrably agreeded then decided no say no .... the same happed to mike tyson ...read the book...
a guy is not safe in this wiked social enviromenmnt where women can cry wolf ANYTIME..
He is the victim????? What about his wife and the girl who was helpd down, stipped, and spanked with a hand and a belt, leaving injuries. This is not the first time his did this. How would you like this officer to take your daughter to a party. Or how would you like with officer investigating a casse where you are a victim> With court would drop the case just because of what he did to this victim. You are an idiot to blame the victim, what if that was your daughter!
Maroney

Kissimmee, FL

#17 Jul 26, 2008
Just Tell the truth- I know you better than that.
Me Too

Kissimmee, FL

#19 Jul 28, 2008
Maroney wrote:
Just Tell the truth- I know you better than that.
Maroney- I have known you for 10 years- you were my road partner- I have never seen you lie- you have always told to truth. You protected me on the road and I still trust you with my life- I will testify to that. You did more for me than any friend I have ever had-- call me anytime- you know the number
sulma

Lorain, OH

#20 Dec 15, 2008
I like to be spanking very hard by a men or a women please calling me @t4409891190 love sulmasantiago
anonymous

Longview, TX

#21 Jul 3, 2010
First, whether he is a cop or not doesnt matter. What does matter is did he have legal justification? REMEMBER OUR CONSTITUTION, HE IS INNOCENT COMPLETELY, AT LEAST FOR NOW. I know some readers are saying WHAT! Consent is likely a legal justification, but how would we know that? thats what courts are for? If I were his defense, I would look into other motives she may have had to make the complaint, if she had been into S and M with previous parters etc(admissible even nder rape shield if it goes to consent), and off course critique her story big time. While prosecutors sometimes charge something like this as aggravated or other deadly weapons statute, is a belt on her behind actually deadly, I would not think so, so consent is likely to be the pivotal issue. Another similar case in Texas involving an officer spanking his wife with a paddle caught on video is similar, see Topix Big Sandy Cop Arrested Assault on Wife. This one will likely be eisier being a spouse, may be easy in that case for defense to establish she had done this type activity in the past, of course, in either case, the Officer should be presumed innocent.
Lies

Hollywood, FL

#22 Sep 7, 2018
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>

Maroney- I have known you for 10 years- you were my road partner- I have never seen you lie- you have always told to truth. You protected me on the road and I still trust you with my life- I will testify to that. You did more for me than any friend I have ever had-- call me anytime- you know the number
He is a sick pos. You dont know him as well as you think.
Dirty Cop

Hollywood, FL

#23 Sep 7, 2018
What's interesting about this is that they never disclosed he had a gun on him the whole time he was going this to the girl and that his little buddies at the PD lied for him.
I'm sure you would be happy to know that this perv was last known teaching at the police academy at Valencia. I know who this man is and what he did to this girl. I was there. Not to mention she was threaten by Ocoee PD. He sure didnt get what he deserved. Goes to show you when you are a cop you are always above the law even when you get charged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alan d newman dc ocala fl Oct '18 BettyWilliamsAlWi... 2
News Machinery catches fire at building in Orange Co... Oct '18 johnp 1
News Walt Disney World's Blanketeers sew for the com... (May '18) Jul '18 Warning 2
Gov. Scott Stop Illegal Gang Stalking and Crook... (Mar '17) Apr '18 Brian 4
Meritage Homes Builds A New Master Community Wa... (Aug '14) Mar '18 Montverde Real Es... 9
Bring Dale Peavey to Justice (Dec '17) Dec '17 Justice is Coming 1
Pest Control In Winter Garden www.orlandopestco... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Eded 1

Winter Garden Jobs

Personal Finance

Winter Garden Mortgages