Teenager Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing At Party

The Winsted teen charged in the stabbing death of a 21-year-old during a fight at a New Year's Eve party a year ago in New Hartford has pleaded guilty in the case and will likely be sentenced April 11 to 20 ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
where is everyone

Hartford, CT

#3 Jan 25, 2008
trouble again, but not in the hood!!!!!!
where is everyone? no one wants to comment on this one, but let it be Hartford, then everyone has a lot to say.
where is everyone

Hartford, CT

#4 Jan 25, 2008
not the hood, so no one has anything to say.
High School Parent

South Windsor, CT

#5 Jan 25, 2008
Let's see....

Winsted.... 1 murder in a month
Fartford....25 murders in a month
every month.

Nope..no comment on this one, other than this P.O.S. deserves all the jail time he's getting :)
AGAIN

East Hampton, CT

#6 Jan 25, 2008
My guess is he wasnt MAN enough to fight with his fists.20+ years should give him some time to think about it!!!SHOULD GET MORE TIME

“Expanding exponentially...”

Since: Dec 07

Hartford County, CT

#7 Jan 25, 2008
You don't defend yourself against fists by stabbing somebody. That's like defending yourself against a butter knife with an AK-47.
THINK THE WHOLE PICTURE

East Hartford, CT

#8 Jan 25, 2008
i just found this forum and i would like to comment. this boy desserves jail time for killing someone in cold blood. A friend of mine nine years ago was stabbed at a party and died it was very sad and that kid that stabbed him i think is already out that is not justice i think they should take his freedom away as he did to the other teen

Gab

“Surrounded by Libs.”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Jan 25, 2008
Unbelievable.
This kid stabs(3 times)another to death and is convicted of manslaughter.
Our legal system is in such disrepair!
Nonviolent drug offenders routinly go to prison longer.
Tax offenders routinly go to prison longer.
Not that either offense is acceptable,but priorities in our legal system at the very least need major reform.
Tougher

Amston, CT

#10 Jan 26, 2008
The redneck skated.
Lisa

United States

#11 Jan 29, 2008
High School Parent wrote:
Let's see....
Winsted.... 1 murder in a month
Fartford....25 murders in a month
every month.
Nope..no comment on this one, other than this P.O.S. deserves all the jail time he's getting :)
Raymond is NOT a P.O.S he is a very sweet boy. I knew him personally for YEARS and he is NOT one to go randomly killing people.
He doesn't deserve more than 5 years in jail.
Lisa

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2008
ALL OF YOU WHO THINK HE KILLED THIS GUY IN COLD BLOOD HAS NO IDEA WHAT WENT ON

RAYMOND WOULD NEVER KILL SOMEBODY ON PURPOSE.

IT ISN'T BEST TO TAKE AWAY HIS LIFE BECAUSE A FIGHT BROKE OUT AT A PARTY WHERE DUSTIN (VERY DRUNK) APPROACHED RAYMOND AND STARTED FIGHTING WITH HIM. THE MAN GOT WHAT WAS COMING TOWARDS HIM HE SHOULDN'T OF PUSHED RAY. IT WAS IN SELF DEFENSE AND I'M CRUSHED HOW HES GOING TO BE IN JAIL FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS.

YOU PEOPLE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW RAY, SO DON'T POINT FINGERS AND PLACE BLAME SAYING HE DESERVES SOMETHING LIKE NO FREEDOM AND RUINING HIS ENTIRE LIFE.
Ashley

United States

#13 Jan 30, 2008
Lisa is absolutely right. None of you actually
know what went on. How can you sit there and
say that he deserves it when you only know
one side of the story. Ray IS NOT a cold blooded
killer, he does not deserve EVEN 5 years in jail.

You people are awful.:|
Ashley

United States

#14 Jan 30, 2008
By the way.

Ray was DEFENDING himself.
He doesn't just go around
killing random people. Ray wouldn't
even PERSONALLY kill a fly. But if
a drunk 20+ came after me, and no one
was willing to help me, I would of did the
same thing.:|
High School Parent

South Windsor, CT

#15 Jan 30, 2008
Ashely and Lisa.......
Are you two his baby's mammas?

“Expanding exponentially...”

Hartford County, CT

#16 Jan 30, 2008
Lisa wrote:
ALL OF YOU WHO THINK HE KILLED THIS GUY IN COLD BLOOD HAS NO IDEA WHAT WENT ON
RAYMOND WOULD NEVER KILL SOMEBODY ON PURPOSE.
IT ISN'T BEST TO TAKE AWAY HIS LIFE BECAUSE A FIGHT BROKE OUT AT A PARTY WHERE DUSTIN (VERY DRUNK) APPROACHED RAYMOND AND STARTED FIGHTING WITH HIM. THE MAN GOT WHAT WAS COMING TOWARDS HIM HE SHOULDN'T OF PUSHED RAY. IT WAS IN SELF DEFENSE AND I'M CRUSHED HOW HES GOING TO BE IN JAIL FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS.
YOU PEOPLE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW RAY, SO DON'T POINT FINGERS AND PLACE BLAME SAYING HE DESERVES SOMETHING LIKE NO FREEDOM AND RUINING HIS ENTIRE LIFE.
Sorry sweetie. You don't defend yourself against a fist with a knife. You defend yourself against a fist with a fist. He made his own decision. He shouldn't have even been carrying a knife. He deserves everything he got plus some.

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2008
Ashley wrote:
By the way.
Ray was DEFENDING himself.
He doesn't just go around
killing random people. Ray wouldn't
even PERSONALLY kill a fly. But if
a drunk 20+ came after me, and no one
was willing to help me, I would of did the
same thing.:|
Defending himself from what? Did his attacker have a weapon? You can't stab someone THREE TIMES to keep from getting a bloody lip, broken nose or losing a tooth or two. And someone doesn't turn superhuman when they reach the age of "20+" so that is not an excuse, either. You "would of did the same thing"? Well, prepare yourself for twenty years also.
ROXY CT

United States

#19 Jan 30, 2008
High School Parent wrote:
Ashely and Lisa.......
Are you two his baby's mammas?
NO THEY ARE FRIENDS OF HIS!
Lisa

United States

#20 Jan 31, 2008
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Defending himself from what? Did his attacker have a weapon? You can't stab someone THREE TIMES to keep from getting a bloody lip, broken nose or losing a tooth or two. And someone doesn't turn superhuman when they reach the age of "20+" so that is not an excuse, either. You "would of did the same thing"? Well, prepare yourself for twenty years also.
There were multiple guys near twice his size surrounding him who were friends of Dustin (I heard.. Wasn't personally there)
Ray didn't stab him THREE times.
there WERE other blades found with dustins blood found on them. aswell as other people with his blood on them.

Ray stabbed him ONCE just to get him to STOP attacking him he didn't want the guy to die, just to stop attacking him.

and NO I am not his baby momma. I'm one of his close friends.
Sarah

Burlington, VT

#21 Feb 11, 2008
Lame, lame, lame. This is a tragedy, not a time for overzealous crusaders to make their witty analogies and narrow-minded opinions known to others. So, stop spouting off and just accept that it's too bad that Dustin was killed and it's too bad the Ray is going to miss 20 years of his life. Any way you look at it, it's a terrible situation.
wayne

Washington, DC

#22 Feb 11, 2008
He should go to prison, he killed someone, pretty low move to pull a knife on a defenseless person. Think about this kids parents.
ROXY

Oxford, CT

#23 Feb 15, 2008
Sorry Wayne.........but Dustin was'nt a defenseless person. He broke Ray's nose when he hit him 1st ( punched him 3 times in the face)and towered over him. Dustin was over 6 feet tall and had the upper hand on Ray. Dustin was over 1 foot taller then Ray and 4 years older.

Ray was trying to get him off him. Ray had no where to go an no one was helping him so he pulled out the knife to get him away from him, unfortunately it went right in his heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topless women weekend Jan 25 Ladonna C 1
Housing Jan 15 Katy6009 1
ha ha ha Jan 5 OnlineGhost 1
horny chat (Apr '10) Dec '14 hikgugig 18
Torrington parents demand action on race relations (Mar '10) Nov '14 Suzie 6
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Torrington, CT (Mar '12) Nov '14 Paul 2
Eddie DuBois Oct '14 A Friend 1
Winsted Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web