Man on probation in pot house inciden...

Man on probation in pot house incident, arrested again -- Coura...

There are 9 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Man on probation in pot house incident, arrested again -- Coura.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A man who was on probation on drug charges after painting large pictures of marijuana leaves on his Winsted home has been arrested on drug charges at his new home in Torrington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Justice seeker

Windsor, CT

#1 Sep 20, 2007
Why are we spending our hard earned tax dollars on this nonsense?
The war on drugs is an utter complete failure. In fact it causes violence and murder, as well as BILLIONS of dollers, and it has'nt stopped anyone from buying drugs.
Half the people in prison are there on drug convictions. Thats insane, and a lot of tax dollars!
The American people have been brainwashed by the government.
I'm not advocating drugs. I believe most drugs are harmful.
The real harm comes in the form of street gangs, who murder over territories to sell drugs from.
The real harm is when people steal to afford the drugs. If they were legal and regulated, they would be cheap, so people would'nt have to steal to get more.
The real harm is the drug cartels who are as violent as any human beings alive, but again if drugs were legal, they are gone.
Do you see anyone trying to sneak booze into the country for sale on the streets?
Prohibition is and always has been a failed policy!
Not to mention it is a violation of peoples civil liberties.
One of the worst two drugs out there are alcohol and cigarettes. Yet cigarette smoking has decreased every year. Goes to show that just because something is legal does'nt mean people run out to use it.
Besides anyone who wants drugs can get them within 15 minutes.
There is no good argument for keeping drugs illegal, except very powerful people are getting rich from the fact that they are.
baba boo-e

Simsbury, CT

#2 Sep 21, 2007
dee-da-dee

Since: Apr 07

new britain ct

#3 Sep 21, 2007
Justice seeker wrote:
Why are we spending our hard earned tax dollars on this nonsense?
The war on drugs is an utter complete failure. In fact it causes violence and murder, as well as BILLIONS of dollers, and it has'nt stopped anyone from buying drugs.
Half the people in prison are there on drug convictions. Thats insane, and a lot of tax dollars!
The American people have been brainwashed by the government.
I'm not advocating drugs. I believe most drugs are harmful.
The real harm comes in the form of street gangs, who murder over territories to sell drugs from.
The real harm is when people steal to afford the drugs. If they were legal and regulated, they would be cheap, so people would'nt have to steal to get more.
The real harm is the drug cartels who are as violent as any human beings alive, but again if drugs were legal, they are gone.
Do you see anyone trying to sneak booze into the country for sale on the streets?
Prohibition is and always has been a failed policy!
Not to mention it is a violation of peoples civil liberties.
One of the worst two drugs out there are alcohol and cigarettes. Yet cigarette smoking has decreased every year. Goes to show that just because something is legal does'nt mean people run out to use it.
Besides anyone who wants drugs can get them within 15 minutes.
There is no good argument for keeping drugs illegal, except very powerful people are getting rich from the fact that they are.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT...SO DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL AS IN DAD IM GOING OUT TO THE CORNER STORE TO BUY SOME CRACK.I'LL BE BACK PLEASE LEAVE THE LIGHT ON.OR DO YOU MEAN AS IN MOM ON THE WAY BACK FROM STOP &SHOP PICK ME UP A BAG OF SMACK AND A SET OF WORKS.*****DUDE WHERE U FROM? DO US A FAVOR NEXT YEAR DON'T PAY TAXES.....WORK UNDER THE TABLE AND BUY YOURSELF A CLASS OF DRUG AWARENESS.SO TAKE YOUR SORRY ASS WHERE YOU CAME FROM....CAUSE I CAN TELL YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DRUGS OR STREETS.
drug reform

Suffield, CT

#4 Oct 12, 2007
if we could get some brighter people to represent marijuana reform, it might just get passed. Chris lacks education, and is too burnt from mental illness to fight this battle that others need to. The solution does not lie on one side of the arugment, whether justice-speakers perspective or Goodguygones. Hopefully, Chris will put aside his ego and take the medication he needs. For some, its marijuana, for Chris it is not.

Be well

“Traditions in moderation.”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6 Dec 19, 2007
Pot should be legalized and controlled just like booze.

I see some white trash talking crap. I am a professional computer programmer, I have many friends in the industry who smoke pot and are pulling in six figures.

If you have a problem with pot, the problem is your own weak mind.
Kevin Garcias

United States

#7 Jul 13, 2009
I agree with FatSean. I am a computer programmer myself and i could tell anybody whenever that pot does not do any bad to anyone. Crack/cocaine might be the real problem here, not marihuana. They are wasting their time and money with such a small drug risk instead of using all of their efforts and money to go after the real problem.
Siscokid

New Milford, CT

#8 Aug 10, 2009
Goodguy, you would probably be one of those cigarette smoking parents that don't have control over his kids. Take out that Marijuana Madness theory and look around you, Every drug user out there CAN and IS already doing there thing...
If our government would let our states do their jobs, we would find ourselfs in a better situation.
We wouldn't have to worry about our kids buying from a sex offender on the corner. No more cartels, destruction of National forrests, Meth labs and their toxic waste. I would gladly smoke a joint with my son, when he turns 18. I beleive that that would be better than having him go out and do it with your son who would most likely be smoking before then...
Tommy Chong

Victoria, Canada

#9 Aug 10, 2009
GOODguyGONEbad wrote:
<quoted text> YOU ARE AN IDIOT...SO DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL AS IN DAD IM GOING OUT TO THE CORNER STORE TO BUY SOME CRACK.I'LL BE BACK PLEASE LEAVE THE LIGHT ON.OR DO YOU MEAN AS IN MOM ON THE WAY BACK FROM STOP &SHOP PICK ME UP A BAG OF SMACK AND A SET OF WORKS.*****DUDE WHERE U FROM? DO US A FAVOR NEXT YEAR DON'T PAY TAXES.....WORK UNDER THE TABLE AND BUY YOURSELF A CLASS OF DRUG AWARENESS.SO TAKE YOUR SORRY ASS WHERE YOU CAME FROM....CAUSE I CAN TELL YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DRUGS OR STREETS.
How would buying crack legally be any different than going to the liquor store and buying a bottle of whisky? Judging by your rhetoric, you have never drank, smoked, or broken a single law in your life. Am I correct?
Tommy Chong

Victoria, Canada

#10 Aug 10, 2009
GOODguyGONEbad wrote:
<quoted text> YOU ARE AN IDIOT...SO DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL AS IN DAD IM GOING OUT TO THE CORNER STORE TO BUY SOME CRACK.
Oh, so alcohol and tobacco aren't drugs? It seems to me you have problems beyond pot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Torrington Police Department (Jun '07) Jun 25 Elliot Ness 43
Mental health care May '17 High Plains Drifter 5
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
News State Rep. Resigns Over Sex Scandal (Oct '08) Mar '17 Jim amann 5
Church Feb '17 WOW 2
take a look Feb '17 The News Reporter 2
Home rentals 6-700. range (Nov '16) Nov '16 samsdamantha 1

Winsted Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winsted Mortgages