800 Nursing Home Workers Could Begin ...

800 Nursing Home Workers Could Begin Strike Wednesday

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 18, 2009, titled 800 Nursing Home Workers Could Begin Strike Wednesday. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

More than 800 workers at eight Connecticut nursing homes could begin a three-day strike Wednesday following months of contract talks that have failed to produce agreements.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Joey d

Portland, CT

#1 May 19, 2009
hmmm depression and they want more??? health care costs at all time highs and they want more??? families and friends are struggling and they want more???
maybe the public viewpoint might wswing if they actually did the job assigned to them ...so now will you get my dad some water?(now that I am in front of them!!)
Sara S

United States

#2 May 20, 2009
Give them people increases in their income.
Willie on Deck

Avon, CT

#3 May 23, 2009
Gee, Pay them more to steal jewelry off of the sick? 1199 clean up your membership then seek raises. Have your members do the job that they are required to do and get rid of the attitude! I also had a parent that was neglected in a nursing home. Aids would come into his room and watch TV while "feeding" my dad. soap opera to boot! I had to intervene many times. They even left meals in front of my dad to cool off before attempting to feed sometimes an hour later. Yes, lets pay them more. My humblest apologies to the staff that works hard and really cares for our infirm. Those folks deserve a raise!
jim k

Salisbury, NC

#4 May 25, 2009
let them go!there is no room in healthcare for unions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looney backs car tax fix for Bridgeport Jan '18 America Gentleman... 1
News Woman Hurt In Dispute (Apr '08) Dec '17 DWIII 9
Torrington Police Department (Jun '07) Nov '17 ANONYMOUS 44
News Odd inheritance: 1889 landmark courthouse with ... (Sep '17) Sep '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 2
Bud in Torrington? (Jul '17) Jul '17 Stonerchick 1
Mental health care (Apr '17) May '17 High Plains Drifter 5
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14

Winsted Jobs

Personal Finance

Winsted Mortgages