First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Sally

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jul 25, 2008
Does anyone have any comments on Winona Police Officers?
gosh

Ruidoso, NM

#2 Jul 25, 2008
Sally, Why are you so interested in the Winona and Van Buren police? Are you trying to get information on any certin one? Like the one who has worked for both?

Seems like it? I did see your other posts.
Sally

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 28, 2008
No, just wondering if anyone has comments since the 2 towns are close together. What cop has worked for both towns?
hello

Sparta, MO

#4 Jul 29, 2008
Sally wrote:
No, just wondering if anyone has comments since the 2 towns are close together. What cop has worked for both towns?
Rick Higgs is the sh**........he's awesome
a nobody

Troy, MO

#5 Aug 3, 2008
Sally wrote:
Does anyone have any comments on Winona Police Officers?
not really
crash

United States

#6 Aug 3, 2008
Sally wrote:
No, just wondering if anyone has comments since the 2 towns are close together. What cop has worked for both towns?
Sally, I really do not even know who all the Winona Officers are anymore. I have heard good things about one of them.
I'm not sure if you are asking about a cop who works now for both VB and Winona or from a few years back.
I know there have been several who worked for Winona and for either VB or for Carter or Shannon Counties. I know Jason Adams worked for Carter Co., Winona, and VB. And Lynn worked for both Winona and Carter Co.
It is pretty common for them to work for multiple departments. Cops can't make it easily on just one salary.
Citizen in Shannon

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2008
I don't know all of the police officers in Winona
but they all seem pretty nice to me.
pete

Lamar, CO

#8 Aug 27, 2008
should live here. I know for a fact that if you think that they are nice you must be a thief as they never do any thing to anyone that is not speeding!
winona resident

Troy, MO

#9 Sep 5, 2008
sounds like to me they go through enough officers. one left last month and one this month. makes ya wonder why noone stays.

Since: Sep 08

Shannon County MO

#10 Sep 7, 2008
Winona goes thru so many because of the pay scale. Lack of a good mayor in previous years made for poor budgeting. The mayor that is currently serving his second term is the best thing that has happened to Winona in a VERY long time. Just look around, have you seen the new Vetern's Memorial? How bout the landscaping changes, street improvements, etc. I understand the budgeting is something he has worked on from day one and is still working to improve. Besides, some of those officers that have left....their leaving was a blessing!
Elaine winona

Moscow Mills, MO

#11 Sep 8, 2008
I could Not agree with you More!!!!!! Winona has been stuck in rut, for like the last bazillion years, because we had nothing but local (with the exception) Gordon Buckner I did like him... but the local Mayors , and local police officers were pathetic, unless you were related to them or a good friend of theres.. you did'nt stand a chance around here, lynn squarpants was one of the worst... alot of the locals dont like the new Mayor or the new cops, because they dont get there tickets fixed like they use to... I say to damn bad, at least there honest!!!!!!!!! I would rather have honest ones than the crooked crew we had!!!
winona resident

Saint Peters, MO

#12 Sep 8, 2008
The officers leaving has nothing to do with budgets. Have you seen the Chief?? He sits on his butt all day & does nothing at all. He won't even get out of his car half the time. He's pathetic. Maybe if he goes we can get some descent officers and keep them.

Since: Sep 08

Shannon County MO

#13 Sep 8, 2008
winona resident wrote:
The officers leaving has nothing to do with budgets. Have you seen the Chief?? He sits on his butt all day & does nothing at all. He won't even get out of his car half the time. He's pathetic. Maybe if he goes we can get some descent officers and keep them.
And your point was about budgeting??? Sorry, I don't follow your reasoning behind your statement!!!!
winona resident

Saint Peters, MO

#14 Sep 9, 2008
You stated that it's because of the pay scale & the previous mayors lack of budgeting. The officers leaving has nothing to do with budgeting.
Elaine winona

Maryland Heights, MO

#15 Sep 9, 2008
winona resident wrote:
You stated that it's because of the pay scale & the previous mayors lack of budgeting. The officers leaving has nothing to do with budgeting.
Are you on the City Council??? Do you Know how much they were getting paid?? Or are you another one those ASSuming know it all Winona residents, because for the most part the ones that have left is because of the pay scale. its way to low here... they can't keep anyone because of it..
pete

Wentzville, MO

#16 Sep 10, 2008
Well let me tell you a few things about the new mayor and his budgeting of the police. I live on a DIRT ROAD in the city limits and the CITY can not seem to grade the road where you can get up and down it. Maybe that is why we can not get any police to come up and down this road even when needed!(Theives haven) Are they afraid that they might tear up their fancy cars? That might be a budget issue. I for one think that if you have a rural town that still has dirt roads left over from the depression that for some reason can not be paved then you might consider getting a better type of police car! If the town has enough money to buy them they could at least have bought practical ones!
Elaine winona

O Fallon, MO

#17 Sep 10, 2008
You Know bitchin and bickerin about the New Mayor, will never get anything solved in this town.. people around here don't like change, they never have never will... maybe if you go to a few town council meetings and tell them about your roads, it "might" help.. might not either... who knows?? but it never hurts to give it a try.. as for the (Theive Haven) problem, my momma always said a good electric fence, or barbwire, about 3 inches off the ground will do wonders ....
winona resident

Saint Peters, MO

#18 Sep 12, 2008
No I'm not on the council but yes I do know how much they make all you have to do is ask. They are paid comparable to other small towns around. I also know that the last one who left, left because of the Chief not because of his pay. He was tired of working all the time because the Chief had to have some time off.
pete

Troy, MO

#19 Sep 13, 2008
I have talked to several city officials on several occations and I have yet to get a straight answer or gotten anything done about them. As for the fence that does not stop them as the went through the current one!!!!!
Elaine winona

Moscow Mills, MO

#20 Sep 13, 2008
Well you can always install motion lights , with cameras outside.. or get a good dog, I use to have a chow that would put anybody down the road that came around, but he died last winter he was about 20 years old.. that make fine guard dogs, now all we have is about 20 useless cats,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jayden Reese 3 hr Jeremy Robertson 1
Sheriff department 4 hr Citizen_01 1
Hayden Reese 4 hr Jeremy Robertson 2
Drug use controversy boils over at Eleven Point... 7 hr love 2
City Hall - FIRE THEM Aug 26 We Need Answers 2
Deleted threads Aug 25 Freedom Gun and ... 1
Trash man Aug 25 Misty Reynolds 1

Winona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winona Mortgages