towboat companies
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
old salt

Branson, MO

#125 Dec 6, 2012
NMC wrote:
I had an interview last year with Ingram for a cook position, there were five of us, four women one man, myself and the man were left they sent the others home and the man got the job. I was wandering if they don't hire you will they give you a second interview????
Yes they will. And if they won't there are plenty of other companies hiring if you can pass the drug screen and physical. Whoever claimed to make $467,000 is a liar . Not even the captains on Big ships make that kinda bread. As captain today if you worked 365 days with the top paying company you won't make that much. but the money is a whole lot better than around here.
citizen cain

United States

#126 Dec 7, 2012
old salt wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they will. And if they won't there are plenty of other companies hiring if you can pass the drug screen and physical. Whoever claimed to make $467,000 is a liar . Not even the captains on Big ships make that kinda bread. As captain today if you worked 365 days with the top paying company you won't make that much. but the money is a whole lot better than around here.
Your right a captain makes around 175,000 depending on where they run and the hp and tonnage they push for Ingram
wondering

Atlanta, GA

#127 Dec 23, 2012
To the lady who applied with Ingram how did you do with the physical and are you close to retirement age already possibly? Ingram has become very strict with weight and health issues even putting 20 year captains on administrative leave if they aren't meeting the health insurance requirements. They also lean more toward hiring non smokers. Basically if you're not healthy you're uninsurable and a liability. But, don't give up. You might try Canal, Marquette , or Pine Bluff Towing.
NMC

Tijuana, Mexico

#128 Dec 25, 2012
Wondering.... I am 57, somewhat over weight, don't smoke and am very healthy, am easily insured. I just know Ingram is a very good company to work for, I don't know much about the other companies but I will look into them, the last app I filled out for Ingram was Nov 7th I think and have heard nothing...
NMC

Tijuana, Mexico

#129 Dec 26, 2012
Retract that, last app was Dec 7
Nick

Murray, KY

#130 Mar 12, 2014
I am looking for a job and am thirty five years old. Green hand. I have been working in fast foods chains most of my life. I am so ready to start a career job. High school diploma and three years college. Have misdemeanor on my record unfortunately. Ready for a real job.
nice

Fishers, IN

#131 Mar 13, 2014
Any boat companies doing any hiring
lock on the head

United States

#132 Mar 13, 2014
nice wrote:
Any boat companies doing any hiring
Ingrambarge.com
What

Ozark, MO

#133 Mar 15, 2014
you mean sock n a lock?
anon

Branson, MO

#134 Mar 22, 2014
My cousin is a captain on Ingrams and he said that, unofficially, they don't hire people over the age of 35. The physical is very expensive. For reg labor they like young guys who aren't physically messed up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberty boys basketball coach 1 hr Darren 48
Mark with long white/gray beard 9 hr Beth 8
Mrs. Banks 23 hr Wow 5
One more time (Dec '16) Tue Gram D 147
Birch establishment and money missing Tue Bruce Miller 8
Jessica Ripko Tue LOCAL D 4
Roads Mon disgusts me 12

Winona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance