towboat companies

Since: Jun 09

williford arkansas

#42 Jun 1, 2009
ive been on the boats fer 3 yrs i work fer kirby inland marine wer tha biggest chemical pushing company in tha towboat industrie and ingrams tha biggest line haul company out there kirby does hire some women to work as deckhands and yes tha women get treated with respect out here itsd just like ur at a job
Ingram cook

United States

#43 Jun 1, 2009
who wrote:
<quoted text>
are the cooks all men or do they hire women.
if they hire women,do they get treat good.
and no one bothers them..?
do they work one month,them home one month?
I've worked as a cook for Ingram Barge for 5 years and its the best thing I've ever done; and yes, I'm a woman-I started when I was 40 and I wish I had gone to work on the river years ago. I work 21 on/21 off; its hard to be away, but you get used to it, and you have to look at the Big picture and where you want to be when you're 60-do you still want to be scrapping a living out at a sawmill, then eating catfood on your social security? I personally want to be able to travel the United States in my winnebago!
The Towboat business is picking up again. Check out Marquett/Tennessee Valley Towing/Hunter Marine/Ardco Marine, just to name a few.
big country

Ellington, MO

#44 Jun 2, 2009
i work for UBL and it is a good job if u dont have kids the pays not bad insurence is all right u get payed for ur driving but unless they have changed sence i got off the hireing is still frozen to the point of needed only
mvresident

Ozark, MO

#45 Jun 2, 2009
big country wrote:
i work for UBL and it is a good job if u dont have kids the pays not bad insurence is all right u get payed for ur driving but unless they have changed sence i got off the hireing is still frozen to the point of needed only
can i ask what boat you ride for ubl?
thanks

Lamar, CO

#46 Jun 2, 2009
Ingram cook wrote:
<quoted text>I've worked as a cook for Ingram Barge for 5 years and its the best thing I've ever done; and yes, I'm a woman-I started when I was 40 and I wish I had gone to work on the river years ago. I work 21 on/21 off; its hard to be away, but you get used to it, and you have to look at the Big picture and where you want to be when you're 60-do you still want to be scrapping a living out at a sawmill, then eating catfood on your social security? I personally want to be able to travel the United States in my winnebago!
The Towboat business is picking up again. Check out Marquett/Tennessee Valley Towing/Hunter Marine/Ardco Marine, just to name a few.
thanks for info..yes that would be nice to travel after retirement.
xyz

United States

#47 Jun 2, 2009
Ingram Barge is having new hire orientation July 6 so they must be hiring.
big country

Ellington, MO

#48 Jun 2, 2009
I ride the Abby S unless they have changed it sence iv been off cuz i know they was fixing to
big country

Ellington, MO

#49 Jun 2, 2009
from what iv been told AEP and Ingram are bout the best and maybe marquett
mvresident

Ozark, MO

#50 Jun 2, 2009
big country wrote:
I ride the Abby S unless they have changed it sence iv been off cuz i know they was fixing to
i used to ride the eleanor gordon. from dec.1999 to june 2005
mvresident

Ozark, MO

#51 Jun 2, 2009
big country wrote:
you did mean united barge line right? used to be teco barge line..
big country

Ellington, MO

#52 Jun 2, 2009
yea united barge line
ingram cook

United States

#53 Jun 3, 2009
big country wrote:
yea united barge line
I think its up for sale again.
mvresident

Ozark, MO

#54 Jun 3, 2009
ever ride with a young pilot by the name of hopwood? they call him o.p. or david. or charlie lane? i rode 6 yrs with charlie on the eleanor gordon..good man..and op was the mate when i started riding the eleanor now he is a pilot.. he is like one of my kids..
big country

Ellington, MO

#55 Jun 3, 2009
that wouldnt suprise me they did some revamping a couple of months ago and got rid of a few unneeded ppl in the offices
big country

Ellington, MO

#56 Jun 3, 2009
no iv only rode the abby s
mvresident

Ozark, MO

#57 Jun 4, 2009
they got rid of unwanted office help in early 2005 too.that was while i still worked for them. when i started in 1999 it was called midsouth towing. then went to teco, now UBL.i was lucky to have ridden with a great crew. i loved it until my health ot bad
capt willy

Cicero, IL

#58 Jun 19, 2009
like wrote:
<quoted text>
i would like to try this job.what do you have to do
on the boat?it may be hard work,but good money.
we are not afraid of hard work are we people????
Damn right it's a good living
river1

United States

#59 Jun 23, 2009
capt willy wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn right it's a good living
"Capt Willy" wouldn't be Gordon Williamson?!
Wicked

Saint Charles, MO

#60 Aug 24, 2009
I am really looking for a river boat job and am signed up on a ton of hiring sites. I want Ingrams but they've had a hiring freeze since last fall. They had a hiring orientation in Winona a while back, and are having another one soon, but they weren't hiring then either. If ANYONE hears of a job of this type, please post here. ONE job came open on one of the boats and it was gone the same day. Thanks for the help!
tow boater

United States

#61 Aug 24, 2009
ACL has openings for cooks go to aclines.com and click on careers at top of page not sure what postion on boat you interested in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
missing girl-Elisabeth Hornbeck (Oct '15) 57 min Ugh 55
45 2 hr USA lady 65
Dirty pervy 2 hr Gwen56 5
me again does anyone know kevin or carrie cox (Oct '10) 4 hr MFulton58 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Mar 20 George 938
Shannon County Law Enforcement Tax Mar 19 stayed for life 2
Why hey there, you inbred, uneducated, white tr... Mar 18 guest 88

Winona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winona Mortgages