towboat companies
like2knw

United States

#22 Apr 27, 2009
They hire women for cook in they are treated good. Nobody bothers them.
any

Saint Peters, MO

#23 Apr 27, 2009
anyone know people from winona or eminence who
work on the boats?

i would like to talk to them.
mvresident

United States

#24 Apr 27, 2009
who wrote:
<quoted text>
are the cooks all men or do they hire women.
if they hire women,do they get treat good.
and no one bothers them..?
do they work one month,them home one month?
most hire women cooks..not all though..i was treated with respect no one bothered me.. they can tell if your a woman who is out there to work or to meet men trust me.. i never had anyone treat me with disrespect..
mvresident

United States

#25 Apr 27, 2009
they usually prefer women over 40...lol.and if they are a bit fluffy and plain even better...lol...most women cooks want to work..i always said i was a cook on a towboat not the loveboat..lol..it was a job,.. you have your own room, tyour own bathroom, complete privacy.
hey

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#26 Apr 28, 2009
mvresident wrote:
they usually prefer women over 40...lol.and if they are a bit fluffy and plain even better...lol...most women cooks want to work..i always said i was a cook on a towboat not the loveboat..lol..it was a job,.. you have your own room, tyour own bathroom, complete privacy.
hey,that sounds great for me..when I get this job,
I'll be 'rolling on the river'.
Sugar Daddy

O Fallon, MO

#27 May 5, 2009
I just wanted to bring this information up to the top of the list since I think it has some good information on it.
mvresident

United States

#28 May 5, 2009
working on the towboats was the best job i ever had, best pay, best benefits.. i loved it..had my health not gotten bad i would still be out there in fact.. its a great opportunity for young men to work their way to the engine room or wheel house where the pay is very very good and its great for a woman to cook out there.. although it can be trying on a marriage being away from home so much it has great benifits and if the marriage is good it won't hurt it. most of the cooks i know were divorced or widowed though..and most were 50 or older..lol
info

United States

#29 May 5, 2009
hey any if you still interested in someone that works on river chris wood from eminence works for ingram and jimmy dale thompson works for canal brady alcorn works on river to but not sure what company
great

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#30 May 5, 2009
that would be a good job for some people around here.
yeah

Moscow Mills, MO

#31 May 8, 2009
info wrote:
hey any if you still interested in someone that works on river chris wood from eminence works for ingram and jimmy dale thompson works for canal brady alcorn works on river to but not sure what company
so will they talk to us about working on the boats?
what

United States

#32 May 8, 2009
mvresident wrote:
i tried posting this in the job topix and i couldn't get it to enter..lol.so here goes.the towboat jobs are good jobs. i worked out there 7 yrs.. these are a list of names of good companies. all have websites you can pull up and apply on line for them.. ingrams, united barge line, marquette, canal barge line, inland marina, acbl, or you can simply go online and type in towboat companies ot barge line companies in your search toolbar and should find all those companies on it.
what do you do if it comes a bad storm and hard rain??is it safe in the boat in storms??
probably

United States

#33 May 8, 2009
i would say they will talk to you about it but dont know how to get ahold of them
want

Troy, MO

#34 May 9, 2009
make good money wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like good money for anyone want to work.
they work a month then home a month.
they need cooks too. so come to work and
make money.
want to get on boat to work,hope I can soon.
mvresident

United States

#35 May 9, 2009
those boats have several tons of steel surrounding them.. they actually don't move much in big winds or storms.i was on one the hurricane before katrina hit..we dropped 40 barges in baton rouge then went to the fleet in devant, la. and picked up the rest of the barges plus a tug. we sat 3 days waiting out the hurricane.. the wind was horrible tornados all around us ands still we sat relatively still..i was never really frightened by the storms while on the boat.
want

Las Animas, CO

#36 May 9, 2009
mvresident wrote:
those boats have several tons of steel surrounding them.. they actually don't move much in big winds or storms.i was on one the hurricane before katrina hit..we dropped 40 barges in baton rouge then went to the fleet in devant, la. and picked up the rest of the barges plus a tug. we sat 3 days waiting out the hurricane.. the wind was horrible tornados all around us ands still we sat relatively still..i was never really frightened by the storms while on the boat.
Thanks,that makes me feel safer about the storms.
mvresident

United States

#37 May 9, 2009
your welcome..the boats actually move smooth. i loved it out there for 7 years.
brady

United States

#38 May 15, 2009
here is a few companies that you should be able to look up on the internet and find out if they hiring, things are pretty slow right now not to many hiring, acl, canal, marquette, inland marine, ingram, artco, kirby, hunter marine, bunge, aep, southern towing, just a few of the many on the river you can also go to americanmariner.net they are supposed to have a national job board for marine type jobs, also a place called mckinley marine service, but i am pretty sure they charge a fee to find a job they cover inland and offshore vessels, hope this helps and good luck
clella

Ozark, MO

#39 May 15, 2009
the company i worked for used to be mid south then it changed names to teco barge line. now it is listed on line as
http://www.unitedmaritimegroup.com/Maritime/M...
you can also pull this site up for a list of most of the companies.
http://www.tulsaport.com/PDFs/towing_and_barg...
clella

Ozark, MO

#40 May 15, 2009
any help i can be to anyone wanting to go to work on the river i will do my best to answer any questions for you..its a good job to keep.. good benefits
just to say

O Fallon, MO

#41 May 30, 2009
thanks for the info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
oh look! sumbody got skeered we was gonna tell ... 40 min Your crack pipe 5
Are you still out there special lady? Fri Hmmm 16
Why hey there, you inbred, uneducated, white tr... Fri anonymous 89
Selling Fri Castrated liberal... 1
Moderator Fri anonymous 4
New Town And Country Fri googled sugar 16
Highway 60 Steakhouse Fri Interested 3

Winona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance