First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jen

Winona, MN

#1 Feb 13, 2007
I am looking for information on the 2 King mansions out on HWY 61. I have also heard that there was a King farm up on the hill above the mansions. Does anyone have any info on these houses? I couldn't find anything on the internet.
MONGO

Winona, MN

#2 Feb 14, 2007
DO NOT GO THERE. IT'S HAUNTED!
Jen

Winona, MN

#3 Feb 19, 2007
Really? How do you know that?
MONGO

Winona, MN

#4 Feb 21, 2007
I've seen dead people there!
Jen

Winona, MN

#5 Feb 23, 2007
I bet
Cougar

Huffman, TX

#6 May 7, 2007
MONGO, which building did you go to?
Linda

Winona, MN

#7 May 8, 2007
Its NOT haunted, its all private parties. The area is gated, and the "farm" hasnt been a farm for 14 years. My husband worked there. The owner sold everything up on top and the new owner owns the whole ridge except for one small lot owned by a man and his wife. I could write books, what do you want to know,.
Former Caretaker

River Falls, WI

#8 May 28, 2007
I lived up there and could answer a few things but what do you want to know?
Linda

Winona, MN

#9 Jun 11, 2007
Jen, I can answer anything you want about it. My husband worked up there for 12 years or more. Nothings haunted..thats rediculous.
ZOG 2000BC

Winona, MN

#10 Jun 18, 2007
IF ITS NOT HAUNTED IT WILL BE!
Chris

Rochester, MN

#11 Jun 27, 2007
Does anyone know where the Rockledge mansion owned by the Kings used be and is there anything there now.
Mongo

Winona, MN

#12 Jun 27, 2007
Chris wrote:
Does anyone know where the Rockledge mansion owned by the Kings used be and is there anything there now.
Yes I do, No there isn't!
Chris

Rochester, MN

#13 Jun 28, 2007
Why was it torn down?
Chris

Rochester, MN

#14 Aug 13, 2007
Linda wrote:
Its NOT haunted, its all private parties. The area is gated, and the "farm" hasnt been a farm for 14 years. My husband worked there. The owner sold everything up on top and the new owner owns the whole ridge except for one small lot owned by a man and his wife. I could write books, what do you want to know,.
What kind of shape is the house in now and how big is it.
Lance King

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Aug 17, 2007
I'm back from the dead...mhaaaahaahaahaa,
who is Mongo anyway? lol

I used to live in Rockledge when I was growing up, my grandmother Betty King tore it down in order to build her new place because Kingsware was too big for her to keep up with in her older age.
She needed a one level place and a project to keep her creative mind working.

Rockledge unfortunately was in pretty bad disrepair because of burst heating water pipes, and could have been revived but the cost would have been considerable.

Rockledge was originally built as a summer house for my great grandparents, and had 11 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, a library, smoker (mens hang out room) a two family party type rooms, a dining room, two exceptionally large screened porches, an amazing kitchen, bar, lounge, and a lot of storage ; )

Anything you want to know about this building I can tell you, Former Caretaker, can also tell you most of what you may have for questions since he worked for my grandfather and would know just about everything there is to know about Kingsware.

Man I miss that pool in the summer ; )
Chris

Rochester, MN

#16 Aug 21, 2007
Do you have any information on the old King or Watkins farm on Homer ridge?
Corey

Winona, MN

#17 Nov 11, 2007
I would like to know about Kingsware on top of the hill the place that was sold to that author... All about it if you could.. I have 1 of the 3 books in the world on it and i actually went to the WHS and watched the movies when it was for sale...
dave

AOL

#18 Jan 18, 2008
funny i found this ,he he
ive been as a teen ,,and lived just down da rd ,when i was growing up off homer rd.
i knew the kingswhen i was young ,,hiya lance
Brittany

Winona, MN

#19 Feb 18, 2008
Lance King wrote:
I'm back from the dead...mhaaaahaahaahaa,
who is Mongo anyway? lol
I used to live in Rockledge when I was growing up, my grandmother Betty King tore it down in order to build her new place because Kingsware was too big for her to keep up with in her older age.
She needed a one level place and a project to keep her creative mind working.
Rockledge unfortunately was in pretty bad disrepair because of burst heating water pipes, and could have been revived but the cost would have been considerable.
Rockledge was originally built as a summer house for my great grandparents, and had 11 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, a library, smoker (mens hang out room) a two family party type rooms, a dining room, two exceptionally large screened porches, an amazing kitchen, bar, lounge, and a lot of storage ; )
Anything you want to know about this building I can tell you, Former Caretaker, can also tell you most of what you may have for questions since he worked for my grandfather and would know just about everything there is to know about Kingsware.
Man I miss that pool in the summer ; )
im biulding a web page on the history of winona national bank. E.L. King became president of the bank through his wife Grace and I think they lived in Rockledge Masion in Homer MN. I want to know more about the Kings and Maher's biuldings. email me anything you can find BKrzyzanowski06@winona.edu
Brittany

Winona, MN

#20 Mar 29, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mechanic finds 'Favre' goat in trunk (Aug '09) Oct '14 Tyler 2
help me find an old friend (Feb '14) Oct '14 Ken Wooster 2
10,150 - Judge Fabian Gone (Oct '09) Aug '14 smarter than you 9
Hells Angels, Outlaws motorcycle gangs brawl in... (Apr '10) Jul '14 noneya 151
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Caledonia Judge James A. Fabian's Courtroom Cov... (Sep '09) Jan '14 Smarter Than You 13
Minnesota Citizens Speak Out: "Judge Fabian We ... (Oct '09) Jan '14 Smarter Than You 19
Winona Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Winona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out