Another Winona State student dies on ...

Another Winona State student dies on campus; cause unknown

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Another Winona State student dies on campus; cause unknown. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Winona State University student has died on campus - the second college student to die in Winona in recent days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

to hard

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Still trying to figure out what natural causes means when it comes to a 19 yr old. There is nothing natural about it.
mike

Winona, MN

#2 Apr 6, 2011
I agree with you comment. If you look at college town student deaths you will find that a handful die of natural causes each year. That doesn't make it any easier for the families and I want to express my sympathy for all those who were close to these two young women.
Politically Incorrect

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 6, 2011
God bless their families in this time of sorrow, they are in my prayers.
common sense

Portland, OR

#4 Apr 7, 2011
Come on....2- 19 year old students at the same small college die within days of each other? I hope to god more than 1 person and/or agency takes a closer look at both of these. The odds of this have to astronomical of these events occuring in 2 young people within days at the same small college. I say no way...somethings fishy here.
groovygirlisback

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 7, 2011
How does a 19 die of natural causes?
Annie

Hopkins, MN

#6 Apr 7, 2011
Natural causes at 19? So weird.
Teresa

Winona, MN

#7 Apr 7, 2011
I Agree with all the comments I thought the very same thing how odd two girls same age, same town, both college girls. I however read that Millie Harrison that was the St Mary's student had Diabetes so maybe thats what happened to her? don't know? its all strange. We also have LaCrosse Wis young college guyes who get drunk and somehow end up in the river and die I sure hope this is all just a condense but I just don't know anymore? My prayers go out to all these parents.
Twins Fan

Owatonna, MN

#8 Apr 8, 2011
common sense wrote:
Come on....2- 19 year old students at the same small college die within days of each other? I hope to god more than 1 person and/or agency takes a closer look at both of these. The odds of this have to astronomical of these events occuring in 2 young people within days at the same small college. I say no way...somethings fishy here.
I would just like to let you know that the deaths happened at two different universities in Winona. The Latest at Winona State University and the first at St. Mary's University. Winona state is one of the largest universities in Minnesota so it is much like a small city all its own. These types of things can happen.
Laura

United States

#9 Apr 12, 2011
The first student that died, Millie, was diabetic. So that is how she died of natural causes.
FYI

Rochester, MN

#10 Apr 12, 2011
One possibility is long QT syndrome . .
Stacy

Cleveland, OH

#11 Apr 13, 2011
My son is 10 and has Type 1 Diabetes. This is an auto-immune disorder that caused the pancreas to shut down (his at age 9). He has always been thin, healthy, and active. There is nothing natural about dying in your sleep from diabetes. It sucks, we have to check him each night to make sure his blood sugar has not gone too low, he could simply slip into a coma while sleeping and never wake up. I hate hearing about deaths from diabetes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help me find an old friend (Feb '14) Feb '16 Cwolfe918507 3
News Federal contractor Fastenal fined $1.3 million ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Spotted Girl 1
Participate in an Important Transportation Focu... (May '15) May '15 SEMNTravelStudy 1
King Mansions (Feb '07) Apr '15 Neva 61
News Mechanic finds 'Favre' goat in trunk (Aug '09) Oct '14 Tyler 2
10,150 - Judge Fabian Gone (Oct '09) Aug '14 smarter than you 9
News Hells Angels, Outlaws motorcycle gangs brawl in... (Apr '10) Jul '14 noneya 151
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winona Mortgages