Details released in Minnesota crash that killed 3

The Winona County Sheriff's Department has released some findings in a crash that killed three teens in April. Full Story
Buckwheat

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2010
A tragedy but, He should file charges!
Steve in Wyoming

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 2, 2010
Buckwheat wrote:
A tragedy but, He should file charges!
File charges against whom?! Didn't you read the article? The girl died. It's hard to file charges against her now.
Bo Knows

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 2, 2010
They can still file charges, that will make it easier for the lawsuits.
Penny

Madison, WI

#4 Jul 2, 2010
Bo Knows wrote:
They can still file charges, that will make it easier for the lawsuits.
And a waste of time and taxpayers money. They know what happened, but they just have to find a way to someones name through the dirt a little more. This was a tragic event for all concerned. Leave it lay now.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Better make sure you send her parents a ticket...she had too many kids in the truck.
Theresa

Waconia, MN

#6 Jul 2, 2010
Who would you file charges against: Isn't the driver dead?
how sad

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 2, 2010
so sad
Hello

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 2, 2010
They can file charges against the other driver.... it sounds like they were racing or messing around. If that is the case, the other driver is a party to the accident and charges can be filed.
Mary Allen

United States

#9 Jul 2, 2010
Yes, if you have ever been through a serious accident you know there is alot involved.
The girl that lived will collect big time on pain and suffering if she is going to have any permanent damages as she wasn't the driver and if there is negligence it will make it alot smoother for the lawyers and Insurance Companies. I wish I never had to learn any of this but due to a texting young driver I did. Probably what was going on in this accident but maybe just plain speed and inexperience.
Maybe

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jul 2, 2010
Steve in Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
File charges against whom?! Didn't you read the article? The girl died. It's hard to file charges against her now.
File charges against the person she was trying to pass. They were either racing or the other person was one of those idiots who speed up when another person is trying to pass them.
OMG

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 2, 2010
Hello wrote:
They can file charges against the other driver.... it sounds like they were racing or messing around. If that is the case, the other driver is a party to the accident and charges can be filed.
Prove it.....
trolls

Farmington, MN

#12 Jul 2, 2010
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
File charges against the person she was trying to pass. They were either racing or the other person was one of those idiots who speed up when another person is trying to pass them.
It sounds like she tried to pass on the right, and how do you know the "other driver" was not going the speed limit?
RAC

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 2, 2010
trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like she tried to pass on the right, and how do you know the "other driver" was not going the speed limit?
and it also sounds like she passed on the shoulder???
Walter

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 2, 2010
Perhaps the State Patrol can openly smear the drunk guy from the Cambridge crash with this one too?

Lord knows there is no more skillful driver than a 16 year old female.

Not.
trolls

Farmington, MN

#15 Jul 2, 2010
RAC wrote:
<quoted text>
and it also sounds like she passed on the shoulder???
Thats what Im saying, "the right side"=the shoulder. Unless they were on a gravel road.
jrichards

Amery, WI

#16 Jul 2, 2010
Too confident too soon in her driving career, sadly it's over after barely getting started. It's happened in the past where parents were quick to blame, believe it or not, the driving instructors for not teaching their kids good enough driving skills. Wouldn't this be another case of too many passengers in the vehicle for a new driver?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mechanic finds 'Favre' goat in trunk (Aug '09) Oct 26 Tyler 2
help me find an old friend (Feb '14) Oct '14 Ken Wooster 2
10,150 - Judge Fabian Gone (Oct '09) Aug '14 smarter than you 9
Hells Angels, Outlaws motorcycle gangs brawl in... (Apr '10) Jul '14 noneya 151
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
King Mansions (Feb '07) Mar '14 borniniowa 59
Caledonia Judge James A. Fabian's Courtroom Cov... (Sep '09) Jan '14 Smarter Than You 13
Winona Dating
Find my Match

Winona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winona News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winona

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:37PM
Asiata out with concussion for Vikings vs. Packers - NBC Sports