Plymouth man convicted of sexually as...

Plymouth man convicted of sexually assaulting sleeping woman gets probation

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 3, 2011, titled Plymouth man convicted of sexually assaulting sleeping woman gets probation. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Minnesota man convicted of entering a locked house and sexually assaulting a woman who was sleeping has been sentenced to home monitoring and probation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What the Heck

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Mar 3, 2011
Oh so that's all these guys have to do to get away with a slap on the wrist is take some drugs and alcohol before raping someone. What a creepy justice system we have. Wonder what the sentencing would have been if this victim had been the daughter or sister of that judge.
Obviously

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Mar 3, 2011
Obviously this judge has never been raped or knows what it feels like to not feel safe in your own home. To be afraid to turn out the lights, to try not to fall asleep so you can keep looking out the window to make sure nobody is coming. This judge needs to be sued for failing to protect the victim. I suppose if this pig goes back and kills this woman he'll get away with that too with some stupid little fine and be forced to take some more classes because he'll probably just take more drugs so that he won't be held accountable for his actions.

I pray that God will give this judge a dream and let her know what it feels like to be raped and violated in your own home and know what it feels like to be afraid to sleep again.
Appropriate

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Mar 3, 2011
Its about time that the least offenders get minimum sentences. This man did not do this on his own accord or free will, but as a result of being under the influence. We don't need to waste our prison resources on minor infractions.

We finally see how reasonable the court justices are that we elected and got past the rethuglicans opposition.
I Prey to GOD

Newington, CT

#26 Mar 3, 2011
Obviously wrote:
Obviously this judge has never been raped or knows what it feels like to not feel safe in your own home. To be afraid to turn out the lights, to try not to fall asleep so you can keep looking out the window to make sure nobody is coming. This judge needs to be sued for failing to protect the victim. I suppose if this pig goes back and kills this woman he'll get away with that too with some stupid little fine and be forced to take some more classes because he'll probably just take more drugs so that he won't be held accountable for his actions.
I pray that God will give this judge a dream and let her know what it feels like to be raped and violated in your own home and know what it feels like to be afraid to sleep again.
That there is some serious STREET JUSTICE IN THE WORKS for this M.F'r. FAMILY & FRIENDS of
the woman UNITE!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

#27 Mar 3, 2011
Appropriate wrote:
Its about time that the least offenders get minimum sentences. This man did not do this on his own accord or free will, but as a result of being under the influence. We don't need to waste our prison resources on minor infractions.
We finally see how reasonable the court justices are that we elected and got past the rethuglicans opposition.
WHAT? So every drunk has a right to find a house, break in and rape someone? Why? Because he was under the influence? He gets to be on home monitoring? Isn't there a multiple serial sex offender in MN who just cut off that bracelet that they are looking for? Yea, home monitoring is a real deterrent to perverts.
Appropriate

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Mar 3, 2011
liberal judge wrote:
what a puke! this judge needs to be locked up. they keep setting the rapists and killers free in this state> whats going on? i see she is daisy scout leader. what if the guy did this to a daisy scout, or her daughter, etc. would a slap on the wrist work for her then? what the heck is wrong with these people. lock this miscreant up and lock up the judge too.
Oh, but its Ok to pass laws against abortion??!! Your post is outrageously ludacris!! A person can make a mistake in his life and you want him locked up forever, but the rethuglicans can pass a law from behind their ivory desks that tell us we have to give birth if we get pregnant?!

What kind of justice is that?!!!!
Javier

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Mar 3, 2011
There is something askew here. Is the judge related to the peice of crap? White, jewish defendant? There must be something up here. This sentence (if you can even call it that) is nothing. Shoplifters get worse than this.
Annie

Hopkins, MN

#30 Mar 3, 2011
He was on drugs and alcohol... so it's ok! Ridiculous.
Annie

Hopkins, MN

#31 Mar 3, 2011
Appropriate wrote:
I really hope this is tongue in cheek.
65erz

Minneapolis, MN

#32 Mar 3, 2011
So If I get caught with two DUI's in the space of ten years, I automatically spend a year in a jail. If I get caught with some pot in my own home, I'm going to prison. But if I take extasy, drink some beers, break into a house and rape a chick, I'll get some probation and home monitoring. Good to know these things, gotta keep the priorities straight with the laws and such...

/facepalm
Appropriate

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Mar 3, 2011
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hope this is tongue in cheek.
Oh sure. And Hecker gets only 10 years for all the lives he affected with his corporate greed. This young man makes one mistake and you all want him to go to prison for 100 years. We finally get reasonable justices on the bench and take conservative power away from the repuklicans and everyone wants the judge imprisoned as well. There is greater crime out there, and it comes from suit wearing ceo's who make billions of dollars from underpaid, underinsured workers!!

This young man was not aware of what he was doing! He cannot be held responsible for his actions when so many more crimes are being committed every day by people in armani suits and wing tips!
adamh2o

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Mar 3, 2011
Wow, even by Minnesota's normally ultra-lenient sentencing standards, that guy got off mind bogglingly easy.
adamh2o

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Mar 3, 2011
Appropriate wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but its Ok to pass laws against abortion??!! Your post is outrageously ludacris!! A person can make a mistake in his life and you want him locked up forever, but the rethuglicans can pass a law from behind their ivory desks that tell us we have to give birth if we get pregnant?!
What kind of justice is that?!!!!
First off, every post you ever make says "rethuglicans". Here's a tip. If you are so brain dead that you have to resort to childish name calling, and not even a clever one, like a 6 year old on a playground, nobody is ever going to take anything you say seriously. Secondly, Ludacris is a singer, you idiot. The word is spelled ludicrous.
Belle

Wayne, NJ

#36 Mar 3, 2011
With judges like this, is it any wonder I keep and carry a gun at all times? If a perp could manage to get past my guard dog, I'd pull the trigger. Why isn't Westboro Baptist Church picketing outside these kinds of people's houses??
GLOCK

Saint Michael, MN

#37 Mar 3, 2011
Wish he would of broke into my house, ain't had any live fire practice in a while. Another fine example of the MN. NICE, Catch and Release "Justice" System. This is one reason we are becomeing subburbs of Chicago and Detroit. Get a carry permit and use it!!
slayer

Escanaba, MI

#38 Mar 3, 2011
I Prey to GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
That there is some serious STREET JUSTICE IN THE WORKS for this M.F'r. FAMILY & FRIENDS of
when you kill a man,
your a murderer,
kill many, and your a conquerer,
kill them all, ooh, ooh,
your a god!!!!!!!!!
Featherbedding Teacher

Minneapolis, MN

#39 Mar 3, 2011
Tim wrote:
The masseuse in Apple Valley got 11 years for groping a couple of women. He should have raped them in Winona. He would have only got probation.

The sentences are exactly backward... our criminal justice system is broken.

Good appointment, pawlenty!
Featherbedding Teacher

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Mar 3, 2011
Appropriate wrote:
<quoted text>... rethuglicans!!!!

Thothe reputhuglicans are thavages!
DD Austin

Brandon, MS

#41 Mar 3, 2011
Nostradumass wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that cutting off his junk would be a deterrent to other pervs. If so. Than why can't we have Capital Punishment? That should deter others from killing. at least the ones we kill can't kill again.
We should have!! You betcha!!
Good point

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Mar 3, 2011
I Prey to GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Wellllll I don't think it's right to take the law into our own hands. I believe in staying within the law but we can certainly do other things within the law to do something about this. No sense getting yourself in trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
King Mansions (Feb '07) Jan '17 Drud 63
help me find an old friend (Feb '14) Feb '16 Cwolfe918507 3
News Federal contractor Fastenal fined $1.3 million ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Spotted Girl 1
Participate in an Important Transportation Focu... (May '15) May '15 SEMNTravelStudy 1
News Mechanic finds 'Favre' goat in trunk (Aug '09) Oct '14 Tyler 2
10,150 - Judge Fabian Gone (Oct '09) Aug '14 smarter than you 9
News Hells Angels, Outlaws motorcycle gangs brawl in... (Apr '10) Jul '14 noneya 151

Winona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winona Mortgages