Mount Vernon man charged in shooting

Mount Vernon man charged in shooting

There are 40 comments on the News-journal.com story from Nov 23, 2008, titled Mount Vernon man charged in shooting. In it, News-journal.com reports that:

A Mount Vernon man remained in the Wood County jail Friday on $1 million bond, charged with the death of his girlfriend's mother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-journal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wanda

Dallas, TX

#222 Mar 12, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I never said she wasn't I was talking about megan. But I am so very sorry I will not post anything that will hurt you or your family.I know you are a great mother and you always have been.
My name is Wanda and you know me. Jr and I got married in Denton County in 1984.You can check for yourself on Denton County Public records. I was never with Jr when you were married,you guys were divorced when Jr and I got together. I should not have said the things I did,I was mad no one believed Jr and I were married.What I said about Jr is true. But I really don't know Trey,haven't seen him since 1984 so I know nothing about him I'm so sorry.I know what Jr did to me ,the same thing he did to you.I think you know what i'm talking about.I left him too,he filed for divorce so we divorced. Kathy I hope you will forgive me for the things I said it will never happen again. I hope Trey gets to come home soon.God Bless Your Family.
still believes

La Grande, OR

#223 Mar 15, 2010
So is trey almost out? last i heard was possibly by april he could be out. I did alittle research and found that he didnt have any domestic abuse charges against him other than the ones in 2008 involving lauren,so apparently he didnt do that to other women. Im sure she pushed him into it and knows for a fact that she does start physical fights. Im sorry for him with being involved with her and what that cost him.
Cherie Royse City

Garland, TX

#224 Mar 17, 2010
You no Trey is one of my closest and dearest friends hell hes family, and when I heard about this I new it was b/S! Trey may b alot of things but a murderer theres no way. I don't even no this bitch and i new she was full of shit, she was banking on Trey not having any love or any support. well she was wrong. I'm glad that there are people out like you that keep bring all her bads into the light. she seems to think shes above the law, but shes not. I cant wait till i get to c my friend cuz hes got a huge hug coming from me, then im gonna kick his ass andask where ever he keeps finding these psyco females, is where he needs to stay away from
still believes wrote:
So is trey almost out? last i heard was possibly by april he could be out. I did alittle research and found that he didnt have any domestic abuse charges against him other than the ones in 2008 involving lauren,so apparently he didnt do that to other women. Im sure she pushed him into it and knows for a fact that she does start physical fights. Im sorry for him with being involved with her and what that cost him.
anonymous

San Antonio, TX

#225 Mar 21, 2010
This Lauren did push him to it. She liked to fight for some reason. One of my friends saw her "begging" Trey to hit her!!! What a weirdo. They said that she said, "hit me, come on, do it, hit me"!!!! He should have gotten away from her then but Trey is a very intellectual, loving, forgiving person. I think he thought that he could help her crazy ass. She thrived on playing games with his mind because he gave her a run for her money. It sucks when you get mixed up with the wrong people. I feel sorry for both of them.
still believes wrote:
So is trey almost out? last i heard was possibly by april he could be out. I did alittle research and found that he didnt have any domestic abuse charges against him other than the ones in 2008 involving lauren,so apparently he didnt do that to other women. Im sure she pushed him into it and knows for a fact that she does start physical fights. Im sorry for him with being involved with her and what that cost him.
still believes

La Grande, OR

#226 Mar 22, 2010
Has anyone else heard from trey. i thought he was getting out soon? I hope when he does that he tries to get beyond what has happened. I hope he didnt sign of rights to his son at least he might could have a relationship with him. He looks just like his dad with those powder blue eyes,that and he needs to know that trey is his dad and not her ex-husband who i am pretty much sure she has said to people up here. she doesnt want jax to know that. in so sorry for the children invovled. Iknow that her children have problems because of everything that she did to them and we are still working through them and i know his children are having problems because of everything that has happened, i hope that they get the help they need when he gets home. all the support and love because i know if he has supporters like he does now i know they all can make it through.
wanda

Dallas, TX

#227 Mar 25, 2010
And Trey got them from his daddy "JR". He also has Jr's smile. He is a very nice looking young man. I hope he out and back home with his family.
wanda

Dallas, TX

#228 Mar 25, 2010
I hope he is out.
Trey

Quitman, TX

#229 Apr 3, 2010
I want to thank all of my family and friends for the support and prayers that kept me going.
Cherie Royse City Tx

Garland, TX

#230 Apr 3, 2010
Alresdy my S.M.F. now I dont want any & every! 2 think they can call Trey that, because u cant! Thats our deal. Anywho I never once doubted ur innocenance ( I no thats misspelled but I really dont give a FUCK) I also new it would work out in the end. I love so very big, & dont you ever 4get it or its ur ass1
Trey wrote:
I want to thank all of my family and friends for the support and prayers that kept me going.
still believes

La Grande, OR

#231 Apr 5, 2010
wow trey are you completely out of the woods, that's great for u but whats going to go on with the investigation of joy? i get conflicting comments on thereis another suspect to there isnt another, i honestly believe there is but only the insiders (you and her) really know and since im no longer in texas i cant find out the truth. but hopefully this can be put behind everyone but the guilty. i hope that isnt you. I wish you and your family the best.
wanda

Dallas, TX

#232 Apr 7, 2010
wanda wrote:
<quoted text>My name is Wanda and you know me. Jr and I got married in Denton County in 1984.You can check for yourself on Denton County Public records. I was never with Jr when you were married,you guys were divorced when Jr and I got together. I should not have said the things I did,I was mad no one believed Jr and I were married.What I said about Jr is true. But I really don't know Trey,haven't seen him since 1984 so I know nothing about him I'm so sorry.I know what Jr did to me ,the same thing he did to you.I think you know what i'm talking about.I left him too,he filed for divorce so we divorced. Kathy I hope you will forgive me for the things I said it will never happen again. I hope Trey gets to come home soon.God Bless Your Family.
it was rockwall county
still believes

La Grande, OR

#233 May 1, 2010
So i guess everyone is doing great since no one is posting on here which is great but what is currently going on with the case? Has anyone heard anything?
For Trey

United States

#234 Jun 19, 2010
Trey I'm glad you are out and set free, I'm sure you're not allowed to talk about the case, but we've all been wondering what is going on. Are they looking at Lauren for her murder

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#238 Oct 30, 2010
Been doing some research on this case and I find it "curious" for lack of a better word. There was enough evidence for an indictment and a 1 MILLION dollar bond, but not enough evidence for a conviction? Hmmm... Everyone I have spoken with who was directly involved in the case has stated that they feel certain that he is guilty. There is HUGE difference in a case being dropped for "lack of evidence" and being found "not guilty". The fact that the case has been "closed" supports the suggestion that he is in fact guilty. Otherwise, wouldn't the homicide investigators be trying find the guilty party? They closed the case because they know who did it - they just supposedly don't have the evidence to prove it. Sounds like typical East Texas small town BS to me.....
Real Realist

United States

#239 Oct 31, 2010
Ummm yea, so the rumors and lies you hear from "everyone" involved which to me sounds like Lauren, obviously came from individuals with no common sense! He was being held and given offers to take because they wanted him to admit to something he didn't do. To me and everyone else it is obvious who did. Funny how he stayed and is still here with nothing to hide while someone else flee's the state. Odd or coincidence? The only thing that would support him being guilty would be the weapon. Why don't we look at the evidence that is there the real proof? Yea you sound real intelligent saying they know who did it but do not have the proof? How do they know? All they know is what a crackhead told them....doesn't sound like solid evidence to me!!!! The inctment was because of statement from an addict, they do that to hold the accused untill they can prove otherwise. Do a little more research before you go trying to accuse an innocent man!
Real Realist

United States

#240 Oct 31, 2010
And what affiliation do you have with lauren? Seriously you must have some kind to jump the gun and accuse someone you do not know....Innocent untill proven guilty never applied to him. Her word was taken over anyone else's and it was not lack of evidence, there just was NONE!:)
yo mama

Plano, TX

#241 Oct 31, 2010
Realist5000, you are an Ahole for trying to use someone's death for your own personal benefit. Leave that poor woman alone and let her rest in peace, idiot!
Wood County had to cover their ass so they wouldn't look like idiots for holding the wrong person for so long. So, shut your DUMB mouth!
Real Realist wrote:
And what affiliation do you have with lauren? Seriously you must have some kind to jump the gun and accuse someone you do not know....Innocent untill proven guilty never applied to him. Her word was taken over anyone else's and it was not lack of evidence, there just was NONE!:)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#242 Nov 1, 2010
Real Realist - I do know Lauren - she and my ex girlfriend were friends - but I'm not "affiliated" with her. And I met Trey a few years ago, but I wouldn't say I "know" him. Lauren wasn't a crack-head, she was meth-head, and so was Trey. And since it's so "obvious" to you and "everyone" you know who killed her mother then answer my question. Why is the case closed? Why hasn't she been extradited and charged? You know - since it's so "obvious"!!!

yo mama - How am I benefiting from this womans death? I just don't like living in a area that has so many unsolved murders. There is currently three in Winnsboro and Wood County. The public has a right to know who's doing all the killing around here. Again, how am I benefiting?
Real Realist

United States

#243 Nov 2, 2010
Huh, Meth-head you say. I wouldn't put the word was infront of that. Good you know her that says alot! i am not going to play this childish game with you. You are right everyone has a right to know if they are living next door to a murderer. i do not know what Lauren did to not get extradited, if I did I would nail her and get her in prison where she belongs!!!!! The case for Trey was closed because he didn't do it and all they had against him was a lie fro a "meth-head" as you put it. Good day and have a good life! You want people to know about murders than put Lauren's story out there, and let everyone what really happened to her mother!!!!!!
Lauren

United States

#244 Nov 3, 2010
Realist5000, I'm not quite sure who you are or how you "know" me, but I don't nor have I ever done meth. I've smoked pot, a lot... and I used to drink A LOT. But never methamphetamine.

This case will always be open until they have enough evidence to convict. If there is more that appears that links somebody charges will be filed again. I wish people would stop talking about things they know nothing about. Unfortunately there is no stopping stupidity.

To the rest.. same old shit, different day. It's been almost two years. My family really appreciates the reminders I'm sure, Thanks. Remember regardless of who was involved there were a lot of people who definitely were not. Like all of her grandchildren. Her son and myself. I did not run anywhere, I'm still in the same country therefore if I was going to be charged it would simply mean coming to get me, no extradition. I've also been back in Texas several times, even lived there on two separate several month stints for different reasons. The only thing I came up North for was to be back near my family. I don't have anything in Texas keeping me there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Wilks in Lafayette Aug '17 Willie Granville 1
Winnsboro High Jul '17 Kmorrow721 3
Best Place to eat in Quitman (Feb '15) Jul '17 big poppa 7
News Pilgrim's Pride accused of animal cruelty in sl... Jun '17 Crystal Kilchrist 1
Shooting Jun '17 Eddie V 1
Winnsboro Newspaper (Aug '09) Apr '17 Anonymous 16
Stamp collection (Mar '17) Apr '17 Anonymous 2

Winnsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnsboro Mortgages