Man Pleads Guilty to Killing Ex-Girlf...

Man Pleads Guilty to Killing Ex-Girlfriend

There are 8 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Man Pleads Guilty to Killing Ex-Girlfriend. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

In a long-awaited trial that began Monday, the man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend has pleaded guilty to her murder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

family memberProsperity

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#1 Apr 2, 2008
Sherman is a good person, and we all love him and he loves kids he has children.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#2 Apr 2, 2008
I am glad to see that he finally stood up and did the right thing...it won't bring Davita back, but at least it will end the nightmare that her family has been going through.

I'm sorry for his kids, but SHE had kids, too...and they didn't deserve to have her taken away from them as they pleaded for her life.
phi beta kappa

AOL

#3 Apr 2, 2008
Someone refresh my memory about this murder. I think I vaguely remember it. I'm thinking he must be black if his wife's name is Davita. This family member says Sherman is a good person. I'm thinking she must be black too if she thinks he's a good person, but he's on trial for murder. Please jump right in "stating the obvious". But please, be respectful tonight.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#4 Apr 2, 2008
phi beta kappa wrote:
Someone refresh my memory about this murder. I think I vaguely remember it. I'm thinking he must be black if his wife's name is Davita. This family member says Sherman is a good person. I'm thinking she must be black too if she thinks he's a good person, but he's on trial for murder. Please jump right in "stating the obvious". But please, be respectful tonight.
Oh, the irony of YOU asking someone to be respectful! Please don't think that you're "reeling" me into your "stats and figures" issue. This incident happened about five years ago. If I'm not mistaken, he kicked in the door and shot her in front of her children. There have been continued delays with this trial, but as you can see, he has finally submitted a guilty plea.

They weren't married...and you may want to think twice before you make this into a racial issue, since there is a story right now in the national news section that is very similar to this one, and plenty in recent memory as heinous or more heinous than this case.

Since: Mar 08

Okatie, SC

#5 Apr 2, 2008
family memberProsperity wrote:
Sherman is a good person, and we all love him and he loves kids he has children.
Unbelievable.. You've gotta be kidding me. You consider someone who killed his girlfriend while 3 kids were in the home, a good person?????

“I love Dolly”

Since: Feb 08

FREE STATER

#6 Apr 2, 2008
Khameleon wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable.. You've gotta be kidding me. You consider someone who killed his girlfriend while 3 kids were in the home, a good person?????
My thoughts exactly.

Since: Apr 07

Winnsboro

#7 Apr 7, 2008
family memberProsperity wrote:
good people make mistakes, they dont kill the mother of thier children. I mean, come on

Since: Mar 08

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Apr 7, 2008
Let's see...withtime served, he will be up for parole in what? 15 to 16 years? The man admitted to the murders. Get rid of the plea and take him to a tree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastor to support ALS awareness by jogging thro... (Jan '16) 11 hr The American 125
News Sheriff: 4 Investigators Fired, One Performed S... (Oct '07) Aug 18 Thurmond 343
Bob Richards Toyota: racism and job discriminat... Aug 8 Gill Hadley 4
Mae's Video : Racist BEWARE! Stay away lousy Ad... Aug 8 John 4
the music thread (Mar '12) Aug 4 Musikologist 22
Aiken County Detention Center Mismanaged (Sep '10) Aug 2 John 70
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jul 28 Hurray 62

Winnsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnsboro Mortgages