Winnsboro Family Wants Daughter's Kil...

Winnsboro Family Wants Daughter's Killer Convicted

There are 9 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Winnsboro Family Wants Daughter's Killer Convicted. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

She loved to dance. She had no enemies. She was as sweet as she could be," said Heyward Banks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Justice

AOL

#1 Oct 5, 2007
Prayers, and I hope they find the killer or killers.
The American Dream

Columbia, SC

#2 Oct 5, 2007
I bet if this was Douglas Barfield's daughter the guy wouldnt sit in jail for 4 years to be tried. As a parent I would be talking to the solictor on a daily basis and then I would go to the State's General Attorney! This is not the way our system is supposed to work!
sue

Winnsboro, SC

#4 Oct 5, 2007
how did amber grant case get to trial so quick,then banks family needs closure, put your priorties in order, a murder sits and wait 4 years, while a girl who is injured case come to trial so quick. does money talk?
Melynda Payne

Lexington, SC

#5 Oct 6, 2007
To the Family of Davetta, i am so sorry for your beautiful loss. I completley understand how you feel because me and my family go through the same thing everyday. My beautiful sister was murdered 15 years ago on May 27, 1992 and justice has never been served for her. I feel like they forget about our loss and what we have to live with everyday. Just wanted to say we understand how you and your family feel. I pray for justice for Davetta.

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#6 Oct 6, 2007
Justice wrote:
Prayers, and I hope they find the killer or killers.
They have him in jail. He's been sitting there awaiting trail. I would be waiting outside the prosecuters office every morning, when he went to work and writing letters to every elected offical that he works for. People want to protest something? How about some justice for the families of these victims? In this case the guy murdered the woman infront of her pleading children. All those people people that went down to Lousiana should now focus some of that energy here on a case of cold blooded murder. I guess dead people don't count?

Since: Sep 07

Blythewood, SC

#7 Oct 6, 2007
They really need to speed this up. This is ridiculous that a family should have to wait that long for some closure, and justice for their daughter. My prayers are with the family and the kids. May God keep you strong. This killer will pay the ultimate price in the after life. He will not be able to hurt your daughter again thats for sure, not where he's going.
play me

Winnsboro, SC

#9 Oct 6, 2007
Thats was wrong how she died but this goes out 22 the mother I wounder how the family felt when you but
you no the rest you know whats goes around comes
around.
Capnwhitey

Irmo, SC

#10 Oct 6, 2007
sue wrote:
how did amber grant case get to trial so quick,then banks family needs closure, put your priorties in order, a murder sits and wait 4 years, while a girl who is injured case come to trial so quick. does money talk?
The cops are dealing the stop the snitching mentality.
silent2long

United States

#11 Oct 6, 2007
Sounds like Fairfield County is like Lexington County. You may be "guaranteed" a speedy trial, but that does not mean you will get one. His day will come. Be still and wait upon the Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aiken County Bad Cop Tommy Platt (Jul '16) Aug 12 Katlyn 4
Steve Vandervliet Aug 6 Brian Vandervliet 1
Titus Nichols and Bell & Brigham Law Firm: Lous... Jul 30 Sallie J 3
HEBREW ISRAELITE MOVEMENT in America spreading... Jul 30 IUIC Aiken 3
Hebrew Israelite Leader Dr. Franklyn Beckles, J... Jul 29 True Israel United 3
News Pastor to support ALS awareness by jogging thro... (Jan '16) Jul 29 Record in Black H... 144
Parents Committee vs VS. THE RICHMOND COUNTY BO... Jul 29 Elder Laben 13

Winnsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnsboro Mortgages