Aiken Co. Sheriff's Office plans to double up on plate enforcement

Jun 21, 2012 Full story: WRDW-TV Augusta 27

The Aiken County Sheriff's Office has just been approved for a new officer with a different job.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Logic

Grovetown, GA

#1 Jun 23, 2012
Great, it's about time! There are SO many people living in Aiken County with out of state plates. Time for them to start contributing if they are going to live here. Why shouldn't they?
Jim Vause

Aiken, SC

#2 Jun 29, 2012
According to crime statistics the first 6 years of the Hunt administration crime went uo 81%. Violent crime rose 85%. With current budget approval of about 16 million dollars, the ACSO will take about 30% of all tax revenue from the entire county. Dog fighting which kills hundreds of animals per month by hanging, electrocution, fighting and shooting has become a commercial venture in Aiken County. Gang members are executing other gang rivals over turf and drugs. There's a meth lab either mobil or on every corner. Peoples homes are being invaded and precious belongings are being stolen. So out of state plates is now our crime wave?
Question: How do you enforce such a policy without a law suit for profiling? A ga. tag is at a home in Aiken County........so?

There is a way to regain the safety of our county and the dignity of The Office of Sheriff.

I am Jim Vause and I am running as an Independent write in on Nov. 6th in the general election.

I have experience and education. I am a retired Army Commander and I'm a true conservative. If both Hunt and I came to you for a job, who would you hire ? Please go to www.jimvauseforsheriff.org for all the details.

Jim Vause
Andy

Aiken, SC

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Did your sons comprise 40 % of the violent crime statistics...just wondering.
Terry

Aiken, SC

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Andy wrote:
Did your sons comprise 40 % of the violent crime statistics...just wondering.
You,re one stupid SOB. You must work for mike hunt.
andy

Aiken, SC

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Nope just balancing the equation of stupidity with humor.
Logic

Grovetown, GA

#6 Jul 8, 2012
Mr. Vause, I read where you too vowed to crack down on out of state tags. You can't have it both ways sir. When it suited your agenda it was a good idea. Now that the Sheriff is doing something about this problem you think it's a waste of time. Decide WHO your are and stick with it. That's my advice to you.
andy

Aiken, SC

#7 Jul 9, 2012
It is probably due to a busy visitation schedule at the acdc visiting his family and posting bs on here causing lack of sleep.
Hutton

Aiken, SC

#8 Jul 9, 2012
Logic wrote:
Mr. Vause, I read where you too vowed to crack down on out of state tags. You can't have it both ways sir. When it suited your agenda it was a good idea. Now that the Sheriff is doing something about this problem you think it's a waste of time. Decide WHO your are and stick with it. That's my advice to you.
maybe mike hunt should focus on properly training his deputies so doesn't have to fire so many for misconduct and reduce the number of civil law suits being filed against his incompetent a&&.
worker

Norcross, GA

#9 Jul 9, 2012
really Jim vause? is this how you do your campaigning? on social internet sites? jail report and now this. quit bashing hunt. he's twice the man you will ever be
andy

Aiken, SC

#10 Jul 9, 2012
Give poor mr vause a break because he has to pay a good deal for lawyers to represent his children and as a result cannot afford a better campaign.
dafuq

Aiken, SC

#11 Jul 9, 2012
I feel some much safer at night now that these heinous villains now have proper tags on their cars.
Jim Vause

Aiken, SC

#12 Jul 18, 2012
Hutton wrote:
<quoted text>maybe mike hunt should focus on properly training his deputies so doesn't have to fire so many for misconduct and reduce the number of civil law suits being filed against his incompetent a&&.
I don't kmow where you read it ; however , I have never stated to any media outlet that I would crack down on plate violations. I see this as a good source of revenue in the short term ; however, I can not see this as being a growing or extended source or income for the county. In these lean budget years, I am glad to see any new revenue come into the county .
Jim Vause

Aiken, SC

#13 Jul 18, 2012
Andy,
I don't know who you are, but I don't think I have ever met any person who has so much hatred in his heart for another human being.
You constatly attack me, my family and any comment that I make about this political race.
In my 63 years of life,I honestly have never known anyone whos ony defense in life is the degradation of another human being.
When I talk about anything political, you talk about my sons.
Is your problem that you can not admit to the failures of Mr. Hunt or is it that you just enjoy the isults? Your comments are personal; therefore,I know that you have not researched his policies, the budget, it's short falls, the failure to lead, the mismanagement of logistics and resources,the poor turn over rate, The crime statistics as they compare to budget increases,crime statistics as they compare to other counties our size, the SLED and national yearly crime statistics and Aiken Counties severe increase in Mikes first 6 years in office, poor rsponse times, poor morale and a host of other issues.
Since you can not argue the issues with any facts or education, you revert to personal insults on me.
Your coments about my sons are the pot calling the kettle black.It is very clear you have not researched Mr. Hunts checkered past or his own family personal problems. I don't bring them up because they have nothing to do with the race for Sheriff, so if you want to argue, at least get educated on the issues.
Until you drivel again.
Jim Vause
Jim Vause

Aiken, SC

#14 Jul 18, 2012
worker wrote:
really Jim vause? is this how you do your campaigning? on social internet sites? jail report and now this. quit bashing hunt. he's twice the man you will ever be
Yes......this is how I campaign. I have also given out 7,000 cards, shaken as many hands and listened to more horror stories than I can repeat.I have put out 200 signs; however, about 90% of those were torn up or stolen by the blind clones who figured I'd quit after that, I have spoken to 13 organizations and will speak to a lot more before November gets here.I have given out 40 T-Shirts , 6 hats and I'm waiting for 5,000 post cards to be mailed out. We plan on radio and newspaper advertizing . The social internet is a great way to post news about the campaign and upcoming issues. Now tell me, how would you do it? I'm open to any suggestions that will help my campaign. I guess asking you for a donation is out of the questions? Try getting educated on the issues before you tell me how great Mike is. By the way .....are you and Andy related ?
Jim Vause

Aiken, SC

#15 Jul 18, 2012
Logic wrote:
Mr. Vause, I read where you too vowed to crack down on out of state tags. You can't have it both ways sir. When it suited your agenda it was a good idea. Now that the Sheriff is doing something about this problem you think it's a waste of time. Decide WHO your are and stick with it. That's my advice to you.
No you didn't. I have never told anyone, any newspaper or media outlet anything about the plate issue.
By the way, I know who I am and I'll stick with that. I have no skeletons in my closet and I think that's pretty good for 63. Like I tell all the rest, get educated on the issues and then we'll debate.
Jim Vause

Aiken, SC

#16 Jul 18, 2012
andy wrote:
Give poor mr vause a break because he has to pay a good deal for lawyers to represent his children and as a result cannot afford a better campaign.
I have never paid for a lawyer for any of my kids. I also have never visited one of my kids in jail. I don't visit jail birds.
See Andy ,it's always your mouth running, but never knowing the facts.
neighbor

Aiken, SC

#17 Jul 19, 2012
He has a habit of doing that.
andy

United States

#18 Jul 19, 2012
Yesss let the hate flow through you jimmy. I invite you to a party when you loose the election. You know to make you feel better. What shall we drink i am taking orders now.
colin

Aiken, SC

#19 Jul 24, 2012
Mr vause you claim to be a family man...yet you call your children jailbirds? and i would use social media as well. but i would not make myself look like a 17 year old girl by doing it. or by threatening people on face book telling them to stand toe to toe with you and say the same thing they say on Facebook and see what happens...that's just great lets have a violent sheriff who fights people for speaking their mind.
andy

Albany, GA

#20 Jul 24, 2012
Careful he might have to take valuable campaining time to respond to your posts lolz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Age and experience will battle youth in Aiken F... Oct 25 heirtlonaloh 1
Despite challenges, parks and rec departments h... Oct 25 Zoie Nitherlander 1
Blotter for Oct. 24 Oct 24 Siouericamden 1
Governor's race rehashes 2010 campaign with new... Oct 24 antifeministgroup 1
Don't hire The Chandler Law Firm!!! Attorney is... Oct 24 AndersonlegalFirm 1
Valley Rat Drunk Sheriff Mike Hunt (Jul '12) Oct 24 Tommy 18
Tax reform, water, criminal records issues taki... Oct 24 capoleitalolee 2
Winnsboro Dating
Find my Match

Winnsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winnsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winnsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]