Bonita

Greenwood, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

Has anyone else had their debit card number taken at the Winnfield McDonalds??
john

Rayville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

No but have heard that rumor

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

Well thats what happens when the credit card companies want you to quit using cash and use plastic. Unforturnally it is happening all over the country. Watch the Visa commerical on T.V. I will stick to being the one who holds up the line to pay with cash.
Bonita

Greenwood, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

Well, its not a rumor. A woman at the Winnfield Mcdonalds took my debit card number and made several purchases within hours. This was a little over a month ago. I went to the Winnfield Police Dept. The investigator advised that I was the not the only person who filed the same report...that there were several that week. Yet I have heard nothing to this day from the police dept. No arrests..no money back..nothing. This scam is real. The lady told me that the credit card machine at the frst window did not work and she would need to run it up front. I said fine--but she was actually copying my numbers. Be aware people!! This is still happening and the Winnfield Police aren't doing ANYTHING about it!!!
Parent

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

Bonita wrote:
Well, its not a rumor. A woman at the Winnfield Mcdonalds took my debit card number and made several purchases within hours. This was a little over a month ago. I went to the Winnfield Police Dept. The investigator advised that I was the not the only person who filed the same report...that there were several that week. Yet I have heard nothing to this day from the police dept. No arrests..no money back..nothing. This scam is real. The lady told me that the credit card machine at the frst window did not work and she would need to run it up front. I said fine--but she was actually copying my numbers. Be aware people!! This is still happening and the Winnfield Police aren't doing ANYTHING about it!!!
This is horrible! Thanks for the warning.
JustAnOpinion

Franklinton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

Hope you really didn't expect the WINN PD to do anything.
Aggravated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

The Winnfield City PD doesn't do anything but come up with excuses for not arresting someone for a crime they have committed, even if they have them in custody and have removed your personal belongings from them. Repeated trips to the City PD does nothing but force them to come up with more excuses. They can recover your belongings, tell you who had them and still find a reason that prevents them from arresting them. My vehicles have been broken and I have had some bogus charges on a credit card. Nothing was ever done about the vehicles and they don't care, no matter what their rank is - all 5 of my visits were a waste of time.
Bonita

Greenwood, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

I absolutely agree. I repeatedly went to the police station..but was anything done? NO.
JustAnOpinion

Franklinton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

The Winnfield City Police are Joke. If if it's not money in there pocket from drug sales then all they are interesred in is the girl in the back seat.
Just a thought

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

I think I would talk to attorney and see what he could do about this and see also why something couldnt be done. What do we have Police for I do wonder? Oh I got to get off this before i get started. Good luck!
Truth

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

More than one complaint regarding credit card fraud at McDonalds resulted in an active investigation by the WPD; however, although the majority of those scammed were quiet in respect of the investigation, one loud mouth tipped off the scammer. It is not enough to "know who the thief is". Law enforcement must have proof. Serious man hours spent getting proof down the drain thanks to one loud mouth.
help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

have you checked lately the loud mouth was connected to the WPD. And when does it take more than one complaint to get the ball rolling. Just another example children running WPD. We the people are sick just sick of seeing punks that play cops. i think maybe we need to set up cameras to show the people of winnfield just how they act on the weekend late at night. playing chase in cars paid for by tax money. But what do you expect we have a drug dealer for chief sad just sad.
Whats going on now

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Well here you are again, Nothing been done about this either. What do you plan to do City Police? Have you gotton on this? Have you charged anyone with this? It happened you do know that right? Well I am a bit frustrated with all this. That nothing is being done. Lt Curry, Do you know anything about this? Can you let the people know that the one stealing debit numbers at the Winnfield McDonalds has been caught? Or maybe not? Whats the hold up here? This isnt about the Cheifs personal life or anyone elses. It is about the theifs that are being allowed to get by with all these crimes. Please tell the people where this stands.
Fran

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

I have been hearing alot about that fraud thing. This is awful when you cant even go buy a burger and not have all your money stole from mcDonalds. Come On Police Do your JOB!
sad

Greenwood, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Well, its been since August since my debit car #s were stolen...have I heard anything from the WPD? NOPE. Have I been contacted since I turned this in? NOPE. Have I wet to the WPD asking ?s as to why nothings being done? YEP. THis is ridiculous. What kinda show are these people running? I guess that's what you get with kids for cops.
JustAnOpinion

Franklinton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

You're City Police Hard at Work. (That being Nothing)
William

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Nothing will be done so chalk that up to a bad experience!
Truth

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

Bonita wrote:
An arrest has been made of the McDonalds enployee who stold credit and debit card numbers. The person in now in jail awaiting trial. You may contact Lt. Curry for verification of this arrest.
Truth

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

sad wrote:
Well, its been since August since my debit car #s were stolen...have I heard anything from the WPD? NOPE. Have I been contacted since I turned this in? NOPE. Have I wet to the WPD asking ?s as to why nothings being done? YEP. THis is ridiculous. What kinda show are these people running? I guess that's what you get with kids for cops.

You will be contacted as a witness for the trial.
Truth

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

Canada Dry wrote:
Well thats what happens when the credit card companies want you to quit using cash and use plastic. Unforturnally it is happening all over the country. Watch the Visa commerical on T.V. I will stick to being the one who holds up the line to pay with cash.
I would agree that cash is the best and safest way. The inoperable camera above the cash register at McDonalds was of no assistance in solving this crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) 4 hr Trouser Cough 1,590
Lets play - follow the word! (Aug '11) 4 hr Trouser Cough 2,794
who's next 6 hr cool chick 3
Jessica sullivan 8 hr Tucker 4
Football skirmish at Pineville our offense is s... 8 hr Tiger 88 1
Randy Wilson (Jan '14) 9 hr slim 11
duck n buck taxidermy address 11 hr deer hunter 3

Search the Winnfield Forum:
•••
Winnfield Dating