ILLITERACY on topix
Literate

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2008
Does anyone find it annoying and mind-boggling at the amount of spelling and grammar errors in the comments here on topix? Are locals really that ignorant and uneducated? Notice that I didn't say "stupid", which, in my opinion is educated but does it anyway. "Ignorant" to me means to never know better in the first place and not educated.
Charlie

Bossier City, LA

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Some of them are "confussed".
well

Mount Pleasant, TX

#3 Sep 19, 2008
perhaps it is nothing more than typing errors??? on some anyway.
hmmm

Mount Pleasant, TX

#4 Sep 19, 2008
well wrote:
perhaps it is nothing more than typing errors??? on some anyway.
That is what we would all hope it to be, in reality though, I am afraid it is not. I have seen so many errors, it is too horrible to be just typing errors. Sorry.
TigerFan

Austin, TX

#5 Sep 20, 2008
Some are typing errors. And the rest, well, good ole Winn Parish education.
disagree

AOL

#6 Sep 20, 2008
The Winn Parish education has nothing to do with it. It is mostly type-o's and computer errors.
Fly

United States

#7 Sep 21, 2008
We be talkin in ebonics.
MissLady

Shreveport, LA

#8 Sep 21, 2008
I notice them, but I shrug and go on. We can't all be good at everything. I'd hate to know that I had something I needed to say and the only thing anyone was concerned with was my grammar.

YMMV.
Honey

Mount Pleasant, TX

#9 Sep 21, 2008
MissLady wrote:
I notice them, but I shrug and go on. We can't all be good at everything. I'd hate to know that I had something I needed to say and the only thing anyone was concerned with was my grammar.
YMMV.
Agree, but sometimes they are just so funny that I have to comment, especially if they're ranting and raving about something or someone :)

“Good News Travels Fast”

Since: Jan 11

Parts Unknown

#10 Mar 28, 2013
Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, but sometimes they are just so funny that I have to comment, especially if they're ranting and raving about something or someone :)
It is funny, kind of like someone being cocky or a smart ass, and not realizing there is a snotty booger hanging out of their nose.
hyde

Winnfield, LA

#11 Mar 28, 2013
ElephantFly wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, kind of like someone being cocky or a smart ass, and not realizing there is a snotty booger hanging out of their nose.
like your dumazz bringing up eons old crap..booger face twit
yep

United States

#12 Mar 28, 2013
Usually the ones that get on here just to bash someone else, yes, that's the extent of their education!
boom

United States

#13 Mar 28, 2013
Consider it free entertainment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enjoy Yourself Thu Friend 32
8,000 post wins. (Feb '13) Thu Plumber 3,503
Keep a word/Drop a word Game... (May '12) Thu Plumber 2,207
??WHAT??A NEW word game FOUR WORDS (Oct '11) Thu Plumber 1,600
Lets play - follow the word! (Aug '11) Thu Plumber 3,255
This one is cool. 4 Word Game (Jan '11) Thu Plumber 1,121
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) Jul 27 Plumber 2,119

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance