Winnfield

Posted in the Winnfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Concerned

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

I feel that Winnfield has to overcome a alot of challenges that it faces. There are several postings on here about the chief of police did this, mayor did this, Racism, who did who, and what is happening in the neighbors back room. I feel so sorry for the people that sit around and complain and B**** about something that they can fix or help change. If you don't like the chief of police, then get off your butts and vote! If you don't like the mayor, get off your butt and vote! If you think that something needs to be changed in the city, go to the meetings and voice your opinions. I hate when people go and make trouble or rumors when they need to be watching their own children or back doors. The old saying, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" is a good example for Winnfield to follow. You have bigger issues than what is on this Topix. What about your schools? What about your children? What about making a difference!! People do not understand that when you run your mouth about something that you don't have evidence or the truth about, it gets blown out of proportion and ruins someone life. I hate Winnfield has become a town in which their ethics, loyalty, and trust have been questioned. There are some issues that winnfield as a whole can be fixed. Its called VOTING, Freedom of Speech, and making a difference. You get on here and talk about this one or that one and what does that solve? NOTHING! A wise teacher once told me, You have two eyes to see with, two ears to listen with, and a mouth to only speak the truth. She was so right! I teach my children the right and wrong way to do things. Winnfield can grow and become the town it once was! Help turn it around, help make a difference!!!
Texas Resident

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

You're right!!! Many people, especially in Winnfield, are "quick to judge" people. It's such a small town that if someone sees someone's car at "the wrong place", then they assume that person is up to no good and starts spreading rumors. I grew up in Winn Parish and left there many years ago. It's still a great place, but the economy needs a big boost and there needs to be a bigger effort to keep the young people from leaving. If people would spend more time trying to make Winn a better place to live and quit complaining so much, things would get better.
Believer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Texas Resident wrote:
You're right!!! Many people, especially in Winnfield, are "quick to judge" people. It's such a small town that if someone sees someone's car at "the wrong place", then they assume that person is up to no good and starts spreading rumors. I grew up in Winn Parish and left there many years ago. It's still a great place, but the economy needs a big boost and there needs to be a bigger effort to keep the young people from leaving. If people would spend more time trying to make Winn a better place to live and quit complaining so much, things would get better.
I agree!! That is why I believe it is so important that people build each other up instead of tearing them down. We can make this town a better place, and help people out by doing so.
Piccola

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>I agree!! That is why I believe it is so important that people build each other up instead of tearing them down. We can make this town a better place, and help people out by doing so.
Dallas: the only way that Winnfield is going to be a good place to live is JOBS, JOBS JOBS and the old clan that have kept JOBS out because they want to HOG all the money are had absolutely not forsight and their own children have left Winnfield and will never live there, the will only come back for funerals. Blame the Heards, Mosses, Colliers, Harrels, Sheltons for Winnfield dying. WHO WANTS TO LIVE THERE, the town is already DEAD. The young people that got crumbs teaching at the schools are just existing and not living. Winnfield is a place that I love but is glad to be Gone. It is DEAD
Thumper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Piccola wrote:
<quoted text>
Dallas: the only way that Winnfield is going to be a good place to live is JOBS, JOBS JOBS and the old clan that have kept JOBS out because they want to HOG all the money are had absolutely not forsight and their own children have left Winnfield and will never live there, the will only come back for funerals. Blame the Heards, Mosses, Colliers, Harrels, Sheltons for Winnfield dying. WHO WANTS TO LIVE THERE, the town is already DEAD. The young people that got crumbs teaching at the schools are just existing and not living. Winnfield is a place that I love but is glad to be Gone. It is DEAD
You left out names: Smiths, and Brewtons.
Thankful

Stanton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I totally agree with each post. I grew up there and left years ago. I try to visit my parents and family once a year. I love it there, it is home and will always be home to me. Things have gotten worse since I left. Years ago it was going down and it is a lot worse now. Someone once said "The one that complains the most is usually sitting in their recliner." Take action and make it a better place. If not for yourself then for your children.
mickster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

I graduated in 1979 from WSHS and I so miss Winnfield but, there was just not enough room in the little town after a divorce so I moved and left the ex there. I have told everyone about Winnfield where I live now and all the good times I had growing up there. Loved the Rec Center it was a blast in the summer time especially watching Frankie Procell lifeguard...wasn't he the cutest guy in Winnfield back then. We could all just run around without having to worry so much if someone was going to attack us or kidnap us and it seemed like all the parents had jobs and towns was just flowing. Whatever happened to all of that? I don't think on the times that I have been back there that I could live there again..it seems boring or I outgrew the town.
mickster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 15, 2008
 
Oops...speaking of Frankie Procell...anyone know where he is now and what he is doing?? Just curious...wonder if he is still go goodlooking.
i know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

mickster wrote:
I graduated in 1979 from WSHS and I so miss Winnfield but, there was just not enough room in the little town after a divorce so I moved and left the ex there. I have told everyone about Winnfield where I live now and all the good times I had growing up there. Loved the Rec Center it was a blast in the summer time especially watching Frankie Procell lifeguard...wasn't he the cutest guy in Winnfield back then. We could all just run around without having to worry so much if someone was going to attack us or kidnap us and it seemed like all the parents had jobs and towns was just flowing. Whatever happened to all of that? I don't think on the times that I have been back there that I could live there again..it seems boring or I outgrew the town.
I know what happened.....drugs.
Curious also

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

mickster wrote:
Oops...speaking of Frankie Procell...anyone know where he is now and what he is doing?? Just curious...wonder if he is still go goodlooking.
I was wondering the same thing. I have not seen him in ages. I know that last name holds alot of beautiful people though
Mercy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

What do you mean the last name holds beautiful people?
obvious

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 15, 2008
 
I think it is clear what that person was meaning..
Mercy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 15, 2008
 
Are you that person?
obvious

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 15, 2008
 
actually no I'm not and I have no idea who Frank Procell even is. I do know of several Procell's from Winnfield though.
mom

Syracuse, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 15, 2008
 
Procells are attractive...Duh
watching

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 15, 2008
 
Concerned wrote:
I feel that Winnfield has to overcome a alot of challenges that it faces. There are several postings on here about the chief of police did this, mayor did this, Racism, who did who, and what is happening in the neighbors back room. I feel so sorry for the people that sit around and complain and B**** about something that they can fix or help change. If you don't like the chief of police, then get off your butts and vote! If you don't like the mayor, get off your butt and vote! If you think that something needs to be changed in the city, go to the meetings and voice your opinions. I hate when people go and make trouble or rumors when they need to be watching their own children or back doors. The old saying, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" is a good example for Winnfield to follow. You have bigger issues than what is on this Topix. What about your schools? What about your children? What about making a difference!! People do not understand that when you run your mouth about something that you don't have evidence or the truth about, it gets blown out of proportion and ruins someone life. I hate Winnfield has become a town in which their ethics, loyalty, and trust have been questioned. There are some issues that winnfield as a whole can be fixed. Its called VOTING, Freedom of Speech, and making a difference. You get on here and talk about this one or that one and what does that solve? NOTHING! A wise teacher once told me, You have two eyes to see with, two ears to listen with, and a mouth to only speak the truth. She was so right! I teach my children the right and wrong way to do things. Winnfield can grow and become the town it once was! Help turn it around, help make a difference!!!
I hear what you are saying but I stay here and yes I vote. They will still put who they want in office. Yes this is much bigger than even you can imagine. This is a cry for justice.The truth of the matter is that no one will make a stand here. But I too teach my kids right from wrong and also enlighten them on what happens if they are caught doing wrong. So I give my children reality raw not sugar coated.
WSHS

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 15, 2008
 
HAHa yea I figured that out too. Who is Frank? I know alot of Procell's but not a frank. And yea I know a few that are attractive.
watching

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 15, 2008
 
mickster wrote:
I graduated in 1979 from WSHS and I so miss Winnfield but, there was just not enough room in the little town after a divorce so I moved and left the ex there. I have told everyone about Winnfield where I live now and all the good times I had growing up there. Loved the Rec Center it was a blast in the summer time especially watching Frankie Procell lifeguard...wasn't he the cutest guy in Winnfield back then. We could all just run around without having to worry so much if someone was going to attack us or kidnap us and it seemed like all the parents had jobs and towns was just flowing. Whatever happened to all of that? I don't think on the times that I have been back there that I could live there again..it seems boring or I outgrew the town.
Honey, Satan has been busy in this little town. You did right to leave this town. You are not missing nothing, but your kids if you have any. Continue to pray for this city it needs it.
Mercy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 15, 2008
 
Sorry to get off the subject, but who are the Procell's? Just wondering what all the talk is about.
Wondering

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 17, 2008
 
I was wonder which ones as well I know several different Procell families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winnfield Discussions

Search the Winnfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Brian Glenn 1 hr Francille 5
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 1,459
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 4 hr wow 2,084
Anyone know Daniel Norris. 10 hr Daniel Norris 2
This one is cool. 4 Word Game (Jan '11) 16 hr Hatti_Hollerand 465
Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words (Mar '11) 18 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,330
vance mcallister Tue without representation 3
•••

Flood Warning for Winn Parish was issued at April 16 at 10:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Winnfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Winnfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••