Winnfield Police Dept. at the Winn Pa...
Michelle

Shreveport, LA

#76 Oct 10, 2007
little Kid wrote:
Listen people to keep it short and sweet these officers put up with more crap from the public than anyone knows. i am also a member of UNITED STATES ARMY and can honestly say that these officers do there jobs with alot of professionalism and respond quickly. that fight that took place everyone seen it huh well no one ran to get the police. i guess everyone crowded around and watched. but then want to complain when we dont show right when it starts.the officers in the car are makin sure no one messes with your vehicles and they ride around makin sure nothin happens in the parkin lots. but i guess we dont think about that. yes this was a short post compared to what i was goin to say so so long and talk to YOUR police officers if you have a problem and stop posting on this dumb website if you have a problem. yall are the ones acting like children hiding behind a computer screen probably wishing you had half the guts of the children working for winnfields finest. Thank you for your time
You are a fine one to be running your mouth when you got on here and you are also hidding behind a computer screen as well. So it may be best to keep your mouth shut with that comment, since I guess that is the best you can come up with.
Citizen Cain

Shreveport, LA

#77 Oct 10, 2007
Yes the officers are young but we must give them a chance, but then again.. there should be no reason for a city officer outside the city limits in his patrol car visiting his underage girlfriend (late at night and weekends when supervision is limited, have seen this with my own eyes and not just once..... Maybe the city needs to add trackers to the cars, its not that hard to do..But then again once hired the chief can't repremand them with out going through the City concil...So complaining will do you know good.. Just support them, cause that is all you will ever get.. Cops are and always will be underpaid, and of course no one likes them till they need one.. then they are there best friend.
Logger

Campti, LA

#78 Oct 10, 2007
Citizen Cain wrote:
Yes the officers are young but we must give them a chance, but then again.. there should be no reason for a city officer outside the city limits in his patrol car visiting his underage girlfriend (late at night and weekends when supervision is limited, have seen this with my own eyes and not just once..... Maybe the city needs to add trackers to the cars, its not that hard to do..But then again once hired the chief can't repremand them with out going through the City concil...So complaining will do you know good.. Just support them, cause that is all you will ever get.. Cops are and always will be underpaid, and of course no one likes them till they need one.. then they are there best friend.
I have seen the K-9 unit in Atlanta numerous times, about 3 houses on the left before you get to the Packton Alexandria Road. I did not know the City K-9 unit was patrolling the parish too!
Truth

Benton, LA

#79 Oct 10, 2007
waiting to exhale wrote:
woohoo....the police were at the fair. That is their job. To ride the rides, I mean to protect and to serve. BTW, someone stated that they are working overtime due to the fair and not getting paid? Is that illegal, not to pay? Instead of listening to Sunset, which is DEFINITELY not the sharpest tool in that shed, trying to be subtle and wanting every park, street, etc named after him....let's discuss where is the money to pay the few, the young, the horniest depUtees. And Manuel, give it a rest on defending them on here. Frankly, I'm tired of reading your justifications. Oh yeah...aren't we suppose to be awaiting our beloved cheif of police to make a statement on this website....ewwww. I can hardly wait.
NO, although it is criminal not to pay the officers, it is not illegal. The Fair Board could pay the officers or the City of Winnfield could pay them; however, the Mayor would fight this expense tooth and nail
Truth

Benton, LA

#80 Oct 10, 2007
Logger wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen the K-9 unit in Atlanta numerous times, about 3 houses on the left before you get to the Packton Alexandria Road. I did not know the City K-9 unit was patrolling the parish too!
If you continue to look closely you will see the State Police and officers from other parishes using some of our resources such as the dog. We also enlist their cooperation whenever we are lacking certain resources.
Logger

Campti, LA

#81 Oct 11, 2007
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>If you continue to look closely you will see the State Police and officers from other parishes using some of our resources such as the dog. We also enlist their cooperation whenever we are lacking certain resources.
I would like to believe that, but this was the middle of the day on a Saturday and this particular house would never have "needed a drug dog for anything"

He was not running the drug dog through the house...trust me

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

United States

#82 Oct 11, 2007
Look at how many "take home" police vehicles the other chiefs had, the chief had a car and the K9 had a vehicle to take home, look now you have at least 3 others who have city owned police cars that they take home and use any time they want too and use the taxpayers fuel to do this, one of the take home cars is driven out of the city limits where the officer lives. There is no reason for this to continue the mayor and city council need to put a stop to the waste of the taxpayers money, the city bought new police cars and one new car us used by one officer and taken to his residence to be used anytime he pleases, not left at the police department to be used by other officers who are actually working their shift. Can someone explain this????????
Truth

Benton, LA

#83 Oct 11, 2007
deputydogg wrote:
Look at how many "take home" police vehicles the other chiefs had, the chief had a car and the K9 had a vehicle to take home, look now you have at least 3 others who have city owned police cars that they take home and use any time they want too and use the taxpayers fuel to do this, one of the take home cars is driven out of the city limits where the officer lives. There is no reason for this to continue the mayor and city council need to put a stop to the waste of the taxpayers money, the city bought new police cars and one new car us used by one officer and taken to his residence to be used anytime he pleases, not left at the police department to be used by other officers who are actually working their shift. Can someone explain this????????
The K-9 officer is on duty around the clock. He responds to calls from the City of Winnfield, the Sheriff's Dept., and the La. St. Police. You certainly might see his dog and car anywhere and it would be nice if the drug dealers thought he was always "visiting". Afraid they are not that dumb but if they happen to be, you have tipped them off big time.
The Asst. Chief has a car as he is head of the SWAT Team and is on duty 24/7. The detective has a car, is on duty 24/7. Under previous administrations, these officers had to respond to calls day or night in their own vehicles. There was no reimbursement for any of their expenses at that time. At the same time drugs became rampant. You need to check your facts as your complaints are beginning to indicate you are a disgruntled ex-police person, a spokesman for the mayor, or someone wanting to cripple police investigations as they are cutting into your action?
Truth

Benton, LA

#84 Oct 11, 2007
Logger wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to believe that, but this was the middle of the day on a Saturday and this particular house would never have "needed a drug dog for anything"
He was not running the drug dog through the house...trust me
See the reply to Deputy Dog please.
Logger

Campti, LA

#85 Oct 11, 2007
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See the reply to Deputy Dog please.
yeah, he needs an explanation too.

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

United States

#86 Oct 11, 2007
Truth is apparently one of the underpaid policemen , I am speaking for myself no other person , just speaking the truth, no one is on duty 24 hours a day, no one at the police department is being paid 24 hours a day, the K9 officer needs his vehicle to be used anytime that the K9 is needed, as far as the others they can drive their personal vehicle to the police department and get a police unit to respond in, check some other small towns our size and see how many take home units they have , if they have a K9 that and the chief are the only two. As far as your comment of drugs being rampant in the other administrations, drugs have been here for a long time and are still here with all of the take home vehicles. I don't have any complaints , just stating the facts to the readers here. if your not happy with your pay and the hours you work, then go get you a real job that pays you for every hour that you work.
Look at all the BS

AOL

#87 Oct 11, 2007
I like the idea of take home units for the officers. More cars on the streets, ability to keep all their gear in one car without taking the time to "pack and unpack", if they are called out, response times are shortened...not a bad idea. Most departments are going to take home units anyway. WPSO has them and their maintenance costs for the cars are far less than the PD...cars are not running 24/7.
Truth

Benton, LA

#88 Oct 11, 2007
deputydogg wrote:
Truth is apparently one of the underpaid policemen , I am speaking for myself no other person , just speaking the truth, no one is on duty 24 hours a day, no one at the police department is being paid 24 hours a day, the K9 officer needs his vehicle to be used anytime that the K9 is needed, as far as the others they can drive their personal vehicle to the police department and get a police unit to respond in, check some other small towns our size and see how many take home units they have , if they have a K9 that and the chief are the only two. As far as your comment of drugs being rampant in the other administrations, drugs have been here for a long time and are still here with all of the take home vehicles. I don't have any complaints , just stating the facts to the readers here. if your not happy with your pay and the hours you work, then go get you a real job that pays you for every hour that you work.
I should have said on call instead of on duty 24/7. Yes, no one is on duty that long. The most hours I know of being put in at one time is 16 hours per day.
Citizen Cain

Goldonna, LA

#89 Oct 12, 2007
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The K-9 officer is on duty around the clock. He responds to calls from the City of Winnfield, the Sheriff's Dept., and the La. St. Police. You certainly might see his dog and car anywhere and it would be nice if the drug dealers thought he was always "visiting". Afraid they are not that dumb but if they happen to be, you have tipped them off big time.
The Asst. Chief has a car as he is head of the SWAT Team and is on duty 24/7. The detective has a car, is on duty 24/7. Under previous administrations, these officers had to respond to calls day or night in their own vehicles. There was no reimbursement for any of their expenses at that time. At the same time drugs became rampant. You need to check your facts as your complaints are beginning to indicate you are a disgruntled ex-police person, a spokesman for the mayor, or someone wanting to cripple police investigations as they are cutting into your action?
With the exception of the K9 Unit and chief cars... The others HAVE NO REASON to be out of the CITY Limits on Personal visits , Late night ect. and I know they are personal visits, or conjugal...
Blah Blah

Dillon, SC

#90 Oct 15, 2007
Well if he is reading this then mabye he can do something about all the speeding on maple st. A residential area having the same speed limit as the 4 lane thats crazy.
tyrone and tameka

United States

#91 Oct 16, 2007
Citizen Cain wrote:
<quoted text>
With the exception of the K9 Unit and chief cars... The others HAVE NO REASON to be out of the CITY Limits on Personal visits , Late night ect. and I know they are personal visits, or conjugal...
will you pleas tell me what is conjungle? does this mean you are against the jungle? i didn't know we have a jungle in winn parish. I would like to see it . If any one knows where it is please tell tyrone. thank you your friend, tyrone

Since: Oct 07

AOL

#92 Oct 16, 2007
Blah Blah wrote:
Well if he is reading this then mabye he can do something about all the speeding on maple st. A residential area having the same speed limit as the 4 lane thats crazy.
Since the new chief is in office, for a total of two weeks I have come through Winnfield 9 times a day well over the speed limit and haven't even seen a cop not one time. I like the new chief you all have voted in. As for the cars being taken home I know when I go to work I have to find my own transportation. Why can't they find their own and foot their own gas bill instead of us tax payers doing it. Well I guess if everyone would quit voting for the little one cent mill taxes and read between the lines they would figure it out. So live with it you all did it and go ahead and foot their little bills. Glad I don't live in that fine, dedicated, outstanding little town.

Since: Oct 07

AOL

#93 Oct 16, 2007
Citizen Cain wrote:
<quoted text>
conjugal- Are they are trying to get the police dog married? Sounds like some of them need to work on their own marriages..LMAO
watching

AOL

#94 Oct 16, 2007
you better watch those camera's on the courthouse they will get you do not speed
Craig

United States

#95 Oct 17, 2007
Citizen Cain wrote:
<quoted text>
what reason would anyone have to use the vehicle for PERSONAL use, including the CHIEF?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets play - follow the word! (Aug '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,297
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) Wed Ysmay_Wyldcharm 2,169
8,000 post wins. (Feb '13) Wed Michael Matrulli 3,623
Poor kids on stumps camp rd (Jun '17) Wed Wondering 11
??WHAT??A NEW word game FOUR WORDS (Oct '11) Tue Isabella Fireray 1,628
What you know about Timmy Casper? (Feb '13) Dec 7 Uncle Tom 33
Popeyes old Building. Dec 7 Uncle Tom 3

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance