Will you vote for the Sheriff's new sales tax in November 2013?

Created by Tax Election on Sep 28, 2013

201 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Need more info on this tax

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tea Party

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2013
No new taxes! Shut down the government if necessary! Let the state step in an cover Winn if necessary.
third tax

Ball, LA

#2 Sep 29, 2013
Tea Party wrote:
No new taxes! Shut down the government if necessary! Let the state step in an cover Winn if necessary.
Vote NO on all taxes. We are being hounded right now with possibly 3 new taxes
yes yes

United States

#3 Sep 29, 2013
Yes because Mike Gilliam will need the funding when he takes over.
nope

Sparkman, AR

#4 Sep 29, 2013
yes yes wrote:
Yes because Mike Gilliam will need the funding when he takes over.
We don't need another trooper as Sheriff, remember the last one!!!!!!!!!
sandy

United States

#5 Sep 29, 2013
NO TAXES!!! Until these high salaries are cut. Winnfield should not be paying these high salaries to people who say they want to serve the public. I know the state payes the sheriff. But why not give the money back to the office. These politicians in Winn act like they live in a big city. Winnfied is having hard times. These people keep getting rich and the poor keep getting poorer. Their the ones who are hurting. Sooner or later this town is going to dry up.
Larry

Vidalia, LA

#6 Sep 30, 2013
Does anyone know if Cranford has raised his pay if he has than the budget has been met and every thing is fine so why need more tax. If budget still off and he seems to be living well on the 4-5 incomes he has lets let him complete the job as he said he could do. I think I remember him telling us that he could fix the money problems with no problem so why start crying wolf now
tsb

Alexandria, LA

#7 Sep 30, 2013
yes yes wrote:
Yes because Mike Gilliam will need the funding when he takes over.
I hope you are speaking with tongue in cheek. We don't want or need anyone who will be needing/wanting more money from our pockets.
Charles

Vidalia, LA

#8 Sep 30, 2013
Sure thing Cranford has talked to his political friends and they seem to think that he needs this tax. This subject has been mentioned by his patrol people.
tsb

Pineville, LA

#9 Oct 2, 2013
The tax he is asking for has no expiration date;it is a forever tax. Vote "NO"!!
NO NEW TAXES

United States

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Bodie tried to pass an additional sales tax to fund the sheriff's office and this is what the current sheriff is trying to pass, an additional sales tax to fund the sheriff's office.

The current sheriff was out campaigning against the sales tax when Bodie tried to pass it and now he wants us to vote for it. Can you say hypocrite?

VOTE NO! NO NEW TAXES!

This current sheriff ran on a campaign that he could get by on the current budget but now he wants more money. Why can't he do what he promised and get by on the money he has? Sheriff Buddy Jordan was able to get by on that money for years why can't the current sheriff? He needs to keep his campaign promises.
up to us

Alexandria, LA

#12 Oct 7, 2013
NO NEW TAXES wrote:
Bodie tried to pass an additional sales tax to fund the sheriff's office and this is what the current sheriff is trying to pass, an additional sales tax to fund the sheriff's office.
The current sheriff was out campaigning against the sales tax when Bodie tried to pass it and now he wants us to vote for it. Can you say hypocrite?
VOTE NO! NO NEW TAXES!
This current sheriff ran on a campaign that he could get by on the current budget but now he wants more money. Why can't he do what he promised and get by on the money he has? Sheriff Buddy Jordan was able to get by on that money for years why can't the current sheriff? He needs to keep his campaign promises.
The voters can see to it that the present sheriff gets by with the money already being taken from us for funding the sheriff's department by voting against any increase in taxes. It may take years to get the sheriff's department back on sound footing after the wild spending and borrowing Bodie did. It should not be taxpayers responsibility to keep funding losses, mismanagement and theft by unscrupulous politicians while they are never punished for ripping the taxpayers off.

We desperately need a district attorney that will address malfeasance in office. Nevils didn't do it while Bodie was assessor, nor has he addressed the new charges by the state while he was sheriff.
The state right now has charges against Bodie Little, as sheriff that is not being followed up on.
He is in prison, not for ripping off the taxpayers of Winn, but for drug charges.
Now the taxpayers are being asked for more money to close the gap Bodie left by his wild spending, big salaries, and health care for all, at our expense and he is not facing any prosecution for malfeasance. Shame on our judicial branch.
Taxpayers have done enough already. Vote "NO" on any new tax.
Mike

Vidalia, LA

#13 Oct 8, 2013
Cranford kept telling how he got the fire dept in Winn parish to be the rich big money dept with grants and no or little tax now he has big taxes he should be happy. I wonder if he has raised his pay yet I bet he has. Can anyone prove me wrong ? Other sheriff's have donated or sold him cars boats uniforms as well as other items. These items seem to serve us well so why would he need more money?
bump to top

United States

#14 Oct 14, 2013
bump to top
taxed to death

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Oct 21, 2013
VOTE NO! No new taxes!
up to us

Pollock, LA

#16 Oct 21, 2013
the sheriff has asked the jury to look into building a new prison for Winn. That will take an additional tax . When is this taxing the working, retired and poor people of this parish ever going to slow down? Only when we vote taxes down!
Winn Parish

Winnfield, LA

#17 Oct 21, 2013
Larry wrote:
Does anyone know if Cranford has raised his pay if he has than the budget has been met and every thing is fine so why need more tax. If budget still off and he seems to be living well on the 4-5 incomes he has lets let him complete the job as he said he could do. I think I remember him telling us that he could fix the money problems with no problem so why start crying wolf now
Don't blame me, I voted for Darryl.
as we struggle

Alexandria, LA

#18 Oct 25, 2013
Will be interesting to see if our "TOPIX" poll is near the vote real count.
never ending

Alexandria, LA

#20 Oct 28, 2013
up to us wrote:
The sheriff has asked the jury to look into he jury , the city and the DA need to look into the operation of the tax paid animal shelter and put an end to our tax dollars funding a shelter to house animals that belong to individuals who claimed to be with The Heart Of Louisiana Humane Society and has claimed for years it was a 501(C)(3 )tax exempt org. when in fact that status had been revoked by the IRS for years for their non compliance with laws rebuilding a new prison for Winn. That will take an additional tax . When is this taxing the working, retired and poor people of this parish ever going to slow down? Only when we vote taxes down!
When/if the jury sees the "need' for a new prison, they will ask for a jail tax in addition to the sales tax they are asking for now. Tax on top of tax is the way our elected ones want to go. We are taxed too much now.
Tgulating them. For 5 years they were in non compliance with state laws, as well as federal laws. In other words they were a farce, printing false information, acting as something they were not and using our tax dollars to fund what amounts to certain individuals controlling/ making decisions / using our facilities for what? They filed no records of their financial activities, paid no taxes, and stole a valuable hunting dog from a rightful owner from our tax-owned shelter.
Yet, they CLAIM so piously, it makes them so happy to find a loving home for an animal, then they illegally took a dog for themselves ( to sell? or what?) instead of letting the loving owner take his property home with him where the animal had loving care. They acted outside the law and violated a man's property rights. The one that claimed the dog for the humane society is a thief and that is against the law to take another's property illegally. After two months the dog and his grateful owner were reunited, but this should have never happened in our tax paid facility. NO more taxes, there is need to manage well the money we already supply .
never ending

Alexandria, LA

#21 Oct 28, 2013
never ending wrote:
<quoted text>
When/if the jury sees the "need' for a new prison, they will ask for a jail tax in addition to the sales tax they are asking for now. Tax on top of tax is the way our elected ones want to go. We are taxed too much now.
Tgulating them. For 5 years they were in non compliance with state laws, as well as federal laws. In other words they were a farce, printing false information, acting as something they were not and using our tax dollars to fund what amounts to certain individuals controlling/ making decisions / using our facilities for what? They filed no records of their financial activities, paid no taxes, and stole a valuable hunting dog from a rightful owner from our tax-owned shelter.
Yet, they CLAIM so piously, it makes them so happy to find a loving home for an animal, then they illegally took a dog for themselves ( to sell? or what?) instead of letting the loving owner take his property home with him where the animal had loving care. They acted outside the law and violated a man's property rights. The one that claimed the dog for the humane society is a thief and that is against the law to take another's property illegally. After two months the dog and his grateful owner were reunited, but this should have never happened in our tax paid facility. NO more taxes, there is need to manage well the money we already supply .
WOW! The above post I made looks somewhat like what we see in some newspapers..all garbled!
I have no idea how that happened, but I was pointing out how the tax dollars we supply our government now is being used without proper oversight. Instead of more taxes , let's have more prudent use of what we already give them. Stop individuals who claim to have been from The Heart of Louisiana Humane Society from using taxes to house their animals, and using the shelter to steal a man's prized pet.
The so-called organization had no legal standing as the IRS had revoked their non profit status and the state had them in non compliance, also.

They had no more right to our shelter than any of us do, if we decide we want to go on an extended vacation and take our pet to be cared for at tax paid expense at the shelter. Stop abuse of using tax dollars to fund illegal activities.
I'll try posting again and see if this turns out UN-garbled.
Larry

Vidalia, LA

#22 Oct 29, 2013
I fear we the people of Winn parish are in trouble. We have elected a sheriff who has and does desire to be the king. This tax he has decided we need is just one of his slick moves. He thinks that he can continue to control the parish fire system and the sheriffs office this gives him a political group that will pass this tax while at the same time allow him to place more people on our payroll who pledge support for his goals. Sound a little like what we got in Washington ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Jury Tax 10 min Do It Again 22
Winn Parish TAX passed 20 min NO MORE TAXES 1
Anyone want to mow lawns? 31 min town resident 2
Poll Sheriff's race next year, who will you vote for? (Jul '14) 13 hr MIKE G for Sherif... 77
Whats up with that megan vines /olmos girl? 14 hr HOswillbeHOs 11
Ag teacher at Calvin. 16 hr CGR Fan 55
wanted mounted deer heads (Mar '10) 18 hr srbrance 48
More from around the web

Winnfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]