First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Is anyone else tired of their rights being violated by Carpenter?
Job

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Are the hiring right now.
Suggestion

Winnfield, LA

#3 Jan 7, 2013
I have a suggestion ... Go apply for the job....
Hell the Dog catcher makes more then the cops.

https://www.voshost.com/vosnet/jobbanks/jobde...
another suggestion

Alexandria, LA

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Suggestion wrote:
I have a suggestion ... Go apply for the job....
Hell the Dog catcher makes more then the cops.
https://www.voshost.com/vosnet/jobbanks/jobde...
I have another suggestion. People who read Topix don't need vulgar words . What ever happened to clear, pure language to express a thought? What ever happened to gentlemen who would never speak bad words in the presence of women and children? What ever happened to ladies who would never use such language? Seems our populace has been dumbed down by the vulgarness on TV , books and in movies, but it still offends some people who remember days gone by. I like ideas other have and that is why I read Topix, but I'm so often offended by the bad words people use. There are still posts on here without a vulgar word in them, and I'm thankful for them. Bad words don't add anything to a statement, but sure does take away.
smar tass

Alexandria, LA

#5 Jan 7, 2013
I agree with you another suggestion. The language is sometimes unbelivable. I know I have used it myself, and it is not needed. So let's try to get our point across with out cursing.
Huh

Winnfield, LA

#6 Jan 8, 2013
How have your rights been violated?
Suggestion

Winnfield, LA

#7 Jan 8, 2013
another suggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another suggestion. People who read Topix don't need vulgar words . What ever happened to clear, pure language to express a thought? What ever happened to gentlemen who would never speak bad words in the presence of women and children? What ever happened to ladies who would never use such language? Seems our populace has been dumbed down by the vulgarness on TV , books and in movies, but it still offends some people who remember days gone by. I like ideas other have and that is why I read Topix, but I'm so often offended by the bad words people use. There are still posts on here without a vulgar word in them, and I'm thankful for them. Bad words don't add anything to a statement, but sure does take away.
Preacher, Pastors.Ministers and deacons all use the word hell . ALOT of people from the churches use the word. Seems that is your opinion of being dumbed down, is what you think is a bad word. how about dang, gosh darn, holy heck. I know those offend a lot of people. What about a phrase I have heard from a preacher, holy heaven. to me that is the same as oh hell . It is all in how it is used ;)SO pardon my vulgar language .I guess no more church for me because of the use of naughty words,

“It's all in your head”

Level 3

Since: Aug 12

Somewhere

#8 Jan 8, 2013
I would read to cursing in every post if it meant an improvement in grammar. I'm not talking about the grammar in any of the above posts. A lot of the posts on this site, though, are cringeworthy with regards to grammar.
give us a break

United States

#9 Jan 9, 2013
I don't mind the language but I can't stand when people can't focus enough to stay on the threads original topic.
right on

Alexandria, LA

#10 Jan 9, 2013
give us a break wrote:
I don't mind the language but I can't stand when people can't focus enough to stay on the threads original topic.
Yes, when people don't have command of a sufficient portion of the millions of words in the English language to get their point across and start off with curse words or add curse words that is a huge distraction to the subject at hand. Lots of superfluous words is not conducive to a logical discussion.

“It's all in your head”

Level 3

Somewhere

#11 Jan 9, 2013
In my post complaining about bad grammar, I add an extra "to". That's about right. It WAS the result of editing and forgetting to erase the "to", but still, this annoys me.

“It's all in your head”

Level 3

Somewhere

#12 Jan 9, 2013
OOPS. Page stuck so I reloaded and hit "post comment" again. Sorry.
we are human

Alexandria, LA

#13 Jan 9, 2013
Little Pessimist wrote:
In my post complaining about bad grammar, I add an extra "to". That's about right. It WAS the result of editing and forgetting to erase the "to", but still, this annoys me.
No worry about typing mistakes. That is not an irritant to me. It's just the purposeful use of ugly words.
Bob

United States

#14 Jan 10, 2013
This Topix is supposed to be about the Winnfield Police Dept. not cursing.
No Joke

Pineville, LA

#15 Jan 15, 2013
The winnfield police department is hiring right now if anyone is interested.
Job

United States

#16 Jan 15, 2013
Thanks no joke for ur help!!!
sassinfrassin dookie turd

United States

#17 Jan 15, 2013
So, I sat here and read, read and read again all of the comments that came before the person asking people not to curse.

The word "HELL" really was the one they were referring to? Wow!
another suggestion

Alexandria, LA

#18 Jan 15, 2013
sassinfrassin dookie turd wrote:
So, I sat here and read, read and read again all of the comments that came before the person asking people not to curse.
The word "HELL" really was the one they were referring to? Wow!
If I had to guess, I'd guess the use of 3,10,or 25 curse words would not bother some. The morals in this country have dropped so low by the barrage of filthy language that is spoken and written daily that minds have become calloused and are not offended as most once were. But many who respect the Word of God and are not found listening to TV or reading offensive language and were taught morals are offended by any curse word. It don't take but one curse word to be guilty of cursing.
James 2:10 says of the commandments
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
oh my

Winnfield, LA

#19 Jan 15, 2013
another suggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had to guess, I'd guess the use of 3,10,or 25 curse words would not bother some. The morals in this country have dropped so low by the barrage of filthy language that is spoken and written daily that minds have become calloused and are not offended as most once were. But many who respect the Word of God and are not found listening to TV or reading offensive language and were taught morals are offended by any curse word. It don't take but one curse word to be guilty of cursing.
James 2:10 says of the commandments
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
my my you are so holier than tho
No Joke

Pineville, LA

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Job wrote:
Thanks no joke for ur help!!!
No problem Job. To all of the other people on this forum, if cursing offends you then you need not apply at the police station. Police Officers frequently use and hear curse words. It's an occupational hazard. They say words like hell, bitch, damn, and even the occasional shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CCA is Terminated 4 hr Truth 46
Poll Sheriff's race next year, who will you vote for? (Jul '14) 9 hr update 91
shooting in sikes 13 hr word 19
CCA butt hurt? Mon Wanda 11
??WHAT??A NEW word game FOUR WORDS (Oct '11) Sun Trouser Cough 1,232
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) May 31 Doug77 1,816
good news (Dec '13) May 31 HAPPY 108
More from around the web

Winnfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE