Winnfield - a good place to live, wor...

Winnfield - a good place to live, work, and be retired in.

Posted in the Winnfield Forum

Winnfield

Winnfield, LA

#1 Dec 18, 2012
You have to open your eyes to see the good.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 20, 2012
I agree with what you said . All I see on here is A LOT of negative nellies on these forums . A LOT of people who sit back and cry and complain . Have I seen you or will I see you at a town meeting?If anyone really wants to make a difference come on show up. Or you can be the babies you are and sit behind your key boards and whine. A lot of what this town is, is because of the NEGATIVE people on here !
bullsh t

United States

#3 Dec 20, 2012
BULLSHIT! This town was like this way before the internet!

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 21, 2012
bullsh t wrote:
BULLSHIT! This town was like this way before the internet!
Then maybe you should pack your clothes in a black plastic trash bag and move on sugar !
Tim

Winnfield, LA

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Not a bad place to live, unless you like traffic jams, higher prices, standing in lines, bad attitudes, on and on. All politicians are crooked everywhere. From the top down. I like my town.
smar tass

Powhatan, LA

#6 Dec 21, 2012
i would comment but the world ended, and we are not really here.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Winnfield is a terrible place to live. Crooked officials, bad schools, and more ppl speaking Ebonics than English.
Bumblefoot

Natchitoches, LA

#8 Jan 7, 2013
john marshton wrote:
Winnfield is a terrible place to live. Crooked officials, bad schools, and more ppl speaking Ebonics than English.
Au contraire mon frere, but I do find it curious that you use textease in the same sentence that you complain about ebonics - must be a cultural thing.

And whatÂ’s this about crooked officials?
nothing to say

Pineville, LA

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Wonder why it is when there is a meaningful discussion started there is always someone who uses vulgar language to refute another's opinion? What has happened to civility and the use of meaningful words? Those people who use those vulgar words really diminish what they could have said with nice words.

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#10 Feb 10, 2013
What is the best place for Mexican food?

OR a good steak dinner
a choice

Pollock, LA

#11 Feb 10, 2013
jdmdusa wrote:
What is the best place for Mexican food?
OR a good steak dinner
Home is the very best place I know of.
Bad Boy

Marion, LA

#12 Feb 10, 2013
There is no good steak place around Winnfield. Go to that farm in Pollock, purchase some grass fed beef steaks (1 inch thick). Bring then home and put them in a ziplock bag with ALLEGRO seasoning found in the marinade section. Marinate for 24 hrs in ALLEGRO....nothing else. Grill on a hot grill for 3.5-4 mins per side. Let stand 5 mins before eating.
wonderful

Pollock, LA

#13 Feb 10, 2013
Bad Boy wrote:
There is no good steak place around Winnfield. Go to that farm in Pollock, purchase some grass fed beef steaks (1 inch thick). Bring then home and put them in a ziplock bag with ALLEGRO seasoning found in the marinade section. Marinate for 24 hrs in ALLEGRO....nothing else. Grill on a hot grill for 3.5-4 mins per side. Let stand 5 mins before eating.
Where is the place in Pollack? What is the name of the place for grass fed beef? Thanks in advance for the information.
Bad Boy

Marion, LA

#14 Feb 10, 2013
wonderful

Pollock, LA

#15 Feb 10, 2013
Bad Boy wrote:
http://www.butterfieldfarm.net /purchase-beef/
Thank you!

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 10, 2013
almost time for Mondays game
Brian T

Kingston, PA

#17 Feb 20, 2013
There are places that are worse to live/work then winnfield. Trust me i work in one. The city was facing bankruptcy about 6-7 months ago thanks to (you guessed it- crooked mayor and councilmen). city workers including cops and firemen working for "pay you when we can" IOU's. and don't try to go outside the house after dark. More chance of getting sprayed by a skunk then being a victim of crime

Level 2

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#18 May 20, 2013
Well I lived in Winn parish till I was 16yrs old. I am now 42yrs old. This town hasn't grown Well it has with crocked cops, corruption , WPSO continues to vote in these Chief of police who isnt helping this town. DA not doing a very good job,,,,,,,,, Drugs being sold of all sorts You name it Winnfield has it. It's a small town everyone knows everyone The WPSO can't even solve missing person or even solve murders. There not making very many drug arrest either try to get these individuals of of y'all's streets. Prostution is ranks up there in this town. They let to much time pass before they started taking a family members missing person before they decided to get involved. Then it was to late the case is cold. An still aren't doing nothing.
All they are doing is covering up for those individuals. This murder speaks nothing but a BIG COVER UP

This town has not changed for the better. Winnfield still lives in the era between 1960 to present date. Nothing has grown about this town it continues to get worst.

Take a look around has it really grown at all. I recently have been in that town an that's the last place I would choose to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up calvin (Jan '11) 3 hr Bulldog 4
Sentencing Blake Allen Fri Needtoknow 1
Winnfield Middle School Thu tiger 2
Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words (Mar '11) Wed Don 2,090
gjjkk Aug 24 disappointed 1
Moss Home Health (Dec '13) Aug 23 AnnL 29
Wasting food Aug 22 Knot You 2

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance