Why so many drug stores in Winnfield ?

Why so many drug stores in Winnfield ?

Posted in the Winnfield Forum

RXRPH

AOL

#1 May 1, 2008
My gosh there are more drug stores than any other businesses in Winnfield. What's the deal.
gossip bittie

Shreveport, LA

#2 May 1, 2008
Actually I believe the pay day loan companies hold that title
combination

Shreveport, LA

#3 May 1, 2008
What a great asset borrow the extra money to buy legal narcotics at the drug store. lol
What a great combination loan companys and drug stores!!
Mater Farmer

AOL

#4 May 2, 2008
causin all of america is hopped up on dope.
Charlie

Bossier City, LA

#5 May 2, 2008
RXRPH wrote:
My gosh there are more drug stores than any other businesses in Winnfield. What's the deal.
The majority of people in Winn are old and sick and the Docs push scripts, and the drug companies give the Docs their cut...try dis...try dat...till they finally find smomething that kills them. Then Southern Funeral Home gets their cut. It's a vicious cycle. yep.
ellie may

Goldonna, LA

#6 May 4, 2008
apparently there is enough business to go around because all of them seem to be doing good financially. maybe that's what i need to do.
too tired

Goldonna, LA

#7 May 5, 2008
Yep, haven't seen any of them struggling with money problems. The medical field is the way to go these days. With those old baby boomers getting to "that age," there will plenty of work for many.
MT - MW

Benton, LA

#8 May 7, 2008
Yeah, I don't remmeber seeing this many drug stores in larger towns I've lived in... I was amazed that Winnfield seems able to support so many drug stores. Though I was happy that Steve Shelton is back in business. He was always the best.

“Good News Travels Fast”

Since: Jan 11

Parts Unknown

#9 Sep 23, 2012
They are profitable here because of all the elderly on medications and other such things. There are alot of florists too.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10 Sep 23, 2012
I think there is a big profit margin because there is so much room for cheating the customer with no one ever knowing it. You will hardly ever see a price list published by the pharmacy.
A couple of years ago my mother had problems with her drug bill, she was on medicare and had nothing else. I got her prescriptions down and looked them over. One bottle she was paying 70dollars for. I started calling pharmacys and found out the medication should have been at the most 15 dollars. All of her meds were cheaper at other pharmacys. She had been using this one pharmacy for years, even prior to being a senior citizen. How much did they cheat her and her late husband out of? We'll never know. But I did get her to switch pharmacys and managed to get her drug bill way down.

My point is yes they do chead and don't mind taking advantage of people who are less fortunate. Check your parents drug bills and make sure this is not happening to them.

BTW My mom is gone now so I hope the dog that cheated her enjoys his money.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#11 Sep 23, 2012
I also want to add that you need to check the number of pills you get before you drive away from a pharmacy. I have found on several occasions that there are less pills in a bottle than it says on the label. Especially if it is a Controlled med. I always count these at the counter in front of the person that waits on me. An always check them if you use a pharmacy that is not your normal place.
Aggravated

United States

#12 Sep 23, 2012
MT - MW wrote:
Yeah, I don't remmeber seeing this many drug stores in larger towns I've lived in... I was amazed that Winnfield seems able to support so many drug stores. Though I was happy that Steve Shelton is back in business. He was always the best.
Steve Shelton is the biggest crook in town, that is next to his brother. I've caught him trying to double bill me twice before I quit going to him and moved to Flurry's. They have always treated me right.
David Ford - Retired

Winnfield, LA

#13 Sep 23, 2012
There a lot of elderly people here in Winn Parish. It's a nice place to spend there retirement. They need drugsclose to home and a kind manruns one.
WHAT

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2012
Aggravated wrote:
<quoted text>Steve Shelton is the biggest crook in town, that is next to his brother. I've caught him trying to double bill me twice before I quit going to him and moved to Flurry's. They have always treated me right.
I'm sure this was an accident. I've always found him very nice and helpful. If there is a way you can get your medicine cheaper than you're currently getting it, ask and you'll pointed in the right direction.
Aggravated

Laverne, OK

#15 Sep 25, 2012
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure this was an accident. I've always found him very nice and helpful. If there is a way you can get your medicine cheaper than you're currently getting it, ask and you'll pointed in the right direction.
An accident is once, not twice. His brother tried to bill me for five office visits that never happened. I say they are crooked but that is my opinion. That is why we have other choices to go to and I prefer not to go to either one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stabbing 5 hr Can not believe it 3
What really happen??? 7 hr Truthfull 5
Dan Johns (Aug '13) Sun What What 7
bigfoot (Mar '13) Sun Bootlife 17
8,000 post wins. (Feb '13) Sat -Prince- 3,540
Rachal Alsup Mitchell Mar 25 Tyson 1
Enjoy Yourself (Apr '16) Mar 24 Mary 68

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance