The Real Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3021 Jul 29, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re so right, Obama is such a week President it’s hard to call him a leader at all. Putin makes Obama look spineless. What good have sanctions done so far? If I had my way I’d nuke Russia back to the Stone Age. That would teach them a lesson about messing with us. But it will never happen with that wimp O in office.
Once again, the troll.

This idiot is talking mutually assured destruction, not very smart.
Living Wage

Eunice, LA

#3022 Jul 29, 2014
The Real Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're quoting yourself? Lol!
You are correct. It was more of an update though.

Thanks for reading!
The Real Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3023 Jul 29, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. It was more of an update though.
Thanks for reading!
I'm sure you like this, right, right, right?

http://www.ksla.com/story/26049448/hirsch-col...
JohnKoski

Zwolle, LA

#3024 Jul 29, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
The sad part about Ukraine is that its filthy rich leader (the one tossed out) sold out his country for more money (personal gain)!
GREED GREED GREED
Did Mitt Romney know about him? If so, why didn't he say something?
My opinion, Putin will back down and will probably leave office for personal reasons. His rich friends will not allow him to destroy their wealth.
Mr. Putin wont back down, and the majority of the oligarchs are behind him . It's called the" World bank of BRiCKS" . Don't be fooled by the lack of media cover .Don't be fooled by the stock markets . Because if you're not already invested {not your 401 K, junk bonds}then you're not in the game. Research it , than explain how you are going to save the world , when you can't afford your portion of the "national debt". This is not just about government spending , but about all forms of credit. Folks think because they swipe a plastic card through an electric gismo . they own something . But in reality , if you owe a debt on an item ,of any kind ,than that item owns you . A slave to the grind . "I love my job , it's the work I hate"
What is it about some people ,that seems to me , think ,if they get other folk on board with their agenda , their saving something about themselves.
Hold on there

Zwolle, LA

#3025 Jul 29, 2014
Your post makes a lot of sense to me JohnKoski. I don't think Putin will back down either. I believe we are in a cold war. Ialso agree that the debt includes all forms of credit.
I just keep flashing back to
Mr o laughing in Mitt Romneys face because he said what a close eye he would keep on Russia. He was acting like Romney was old
Fashioned and out of touch. He needed to get with the times.
Here we are with wars raging all around us and I feel like my country looks like some third world country. What has happened to our wonderful , respected and feared America.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3026 Jul 30, 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/world/afric...

Paying Ransoms, Europe Bankrolls Qaeda Terror

Heard that ISIS robs banks after they take over towns and cities.
No computer, nor personal info required.

Think about it, when ISIS takes over these banks, do they get access to international accounts/info?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#3027 Jul 30, 2014
Great thoughts here. Its fun to read all you comments :)
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3028 Jul 30, 2014
Hold on there wrote:
Your post makes a lot of sense to me JohnKoski. I don't think Putin will back down either. I believe we are in a cold war. Ialso agree that the debt includes all forms of credit.
I just keep flashing back to
Mr o laughing in Mitt Romneys face because he said what a close eye he would keep on Russia. He was acting like Romney was old
Fashioned and out of touch. He needed to get with the times.
Here we are with wars raging all around us and I feel like my country looks like some third world country. What has happened to our wonderful , respected and feared America.
So you don't think it is a matter of Russia wanting Ukraine under their wing; just wanting to take over the world? Is this Mitt Romney?

So you are convinced that Russia (the wealthy 1%) will allow Putin to destroy them?

Putin is looking for a way out. His poor supporters are about to turn on him. Hey, that will be the way to finally GET RID OF HIM, right? Or will Russia's Middle Class get to him first. See another reason why the Middle Class should align themselves with the working poor, right?
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3029 Jul 30, 2014
The wars in the Middle East have more to do with religion and income inequality in that region. The poor have had enough and so the uprisings began a few years ago. Rebels only want the US to send weapons and money; not interfere in their wars - no negotiations. The US cannot give them heavy duty weapons, because as history has taught us, they will turn it on the US later on (think Afghanistan/bin Laden after Reagan gave them so much aid in war against the Russians in the 80's). In all wars, both sides need to sit down at the table and negotiate a peaceful solution; you know "compromise".

So, you guys feel like the US should send ground troops?

Or do what?

Heard the latest about the EXTREMIST here at home? A bunch of citizens with guns are making their way to the border. They completed their task of getting rid of abortion clinics; now on to scaring kids with guns. In my opinion, they are no better than the owners of Hobby Lobby. Where is the compassion? Will they stop these kids before they cross the border and send them back with NO water/food? We are talking about kids now, right?

Did anyone see the numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the border when Reagan was POTUS. Certainly NOT a new issue.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3030 Jul 30, 2014
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2009/07/29/17...

Flashback: Republicans Opposed Medicare In 1960s By Warning Of Rationing,‘Socialized Medicine’

Could you imagine a world without Medicare? Ronald Reagan and the likes were SO VERY WRONG. He seemed to have been wrong about a lot, huh?

65% of senior Americans could afford health insurance back then, it would be a much smaller % today if it were not for Medicare.

ACA was the first step in the right direction.

You want to save Medicare and pay reasonable premiums, EXPAND it to all working Americans. Volume discounts. Take out all that unnecessary profit levels. Weed out the "greedy" and pay for performance; just like everyone else. Keep people healthy throughout their life. We need to allow assisted suicide also. We don't allow animals to suffer; why do we allow people?
Forgiven

Lafayette, LA

#3031 Jul 30, 2014
Putin, North Korea and Arabs around the world are spreading there terror cause we have a weak president. Barrack squats like a bitch dog to take a piss!!!! Barrack has no balls, no vision and no sense!!!
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3033 Jul 30, 2014
Forgiven wrote:
Putin, North Korea and Arabs around the world are spreading there terror cause we have a weak president. Barrack squats like a bitch dog to take a piss!!!! Barrack has no balls, no vision and no sense!!!
Seems more like the loud mouth BS talking W. spread the troops too thin and then left without a victory. Right?

Watched a documentary on "Losing Iraq". Did NOT show W. in a good light; rather like the bumbling idiot he was (why did he listen to Cheney and Rumsfeld?). Not only did he drop the ball when he was President, he negotiated a deal for 3 years into O's term without a decent exit plan. Stupid stupid stupid!

Things were going so bad there that I agree with O wanting a signed agreement (Parliament and PM of Iraq) for "immunity for the soldiers" that would left behind after 2011. Guess what, they didn't get along well enough to do that. Would you want your family caught in the middle of that???? By the way, W.'s people put the PM in office. That PM divided Iraq. Get this, religious division. Starting to sound familiar? That is why the US has separation of Church and State, right? You can believe and worship any way you want as long as you DON'T push it on others. Keep the peace, right?

Seems like W. could not do a thing right! He had a lot in common with Reagan. If my memory serves me, I think W's mission was to allow people to take their SS money (while working) and invest it (personally) in the stock market. Talk about a bad idea. So many lost so much of their 401k; can you imagine losing their SS too?

The citizens of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea and Ukraine need to fight for their "freedom". Just like the citizens did here all those years ago. Right?

ISIS is only as strong as the citizen's weakest link. The citizens need to come together and plot against ISIS. ISIS is more extremist than smart. Just like those extremist who are going to the border with their guns. This time the FBI needs to round them up and lock them away for a good long time, Right?

By the way, read today that the add'l sanctions are starting to worry the NON Gov't workers in Russia (about 50% of the people). Putin should be changing his tune pretty soon. Can't wait for his resignation speech, can you?
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3034 Jul 30, 2014
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/national...

Happiest city in America per Harvard Report.
Hold on there

Zwolle, LA

#3035 Jul 30, 2014
You have greatly underestimated mr. Putin. These Sanctions will not stop him. The Europeans cant go along with sanctions for long They depend on Russia for their energy. So unless the USA is going to supply their energy. Like we have have so much To spare because of o. They won't. BE putting forth any stiff sanctions. His people are firmly behind him. Putin knows rhe Europeans aren't in this for long. And he knows the US WILL DO NOTHING. PUTIN APPEARS TO BE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3036 Jul 30, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ posttv/national/this-is-the-ha ppiest-city-in-america/2014/07 /29/8db5d396-175a-11e4-88f7-96 ed767bb747_video.html?tid=hp_m m&hpid=z3
Happiest city in America per Harvard Report.
Everything I have read about this paper is that the poll was done on an individual basis. Rank your level of happiness (four choices). Didn't see anything about politics and tourism.

LA faired better than most metro areas after the 2007-2008 Wallstreet meltdown. Even came back strong from the BP oil spill. Oil industry is doing well here. Most uneducated folks are making more than their parents ever did.

Of the five happiest cities, aren't 3 lead by Dem Mayors? Didn't one of them just elect a Repub for the first time in history? My understanding is that Dorel is only the 2nd Repub Mayor in Lafayette's history. Aren't there about 50% registered Repubs/Dems in the state?

I think like most Americans, small cities (country folk) tend to be happier - more about family and less about making millions at all costs whether you are a Dem or Repub, Right?
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3037 Jul 30, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I have read about this paper is that the poll was done on an individual basis. Rank your level of happiness (four choices). Didn't see anything about politics and tourism.
LA faired better than most metro areas after the 2007-2008 Wallstreet meltdown. Even came back strong from the BP oil spill. Oil industry is doing well here. Most uneducated folks are making more than their parents ever did.
Of the five happiest cities, aren't 3 lead by Dem Mayors? Didn't one of them just elect a Repub for the first time in history? My understanding is that Dorel is only the 2nd Repub Mayor in Lafayette's history. Aren't there about 50% registered Repubs/Dems in the state?
I think like most Americans, small cities (country folk) tend to be happier - more about family and less about making millions at all costs whether you are a Dem or Repub, Right?
No, the makeup of Louisiana voters is 47.3% Democrat, 27.7% Republican and 25% "Other".

Research before posting.
JohnKoski

Zwolle, LA

#3038 Jul 30, 2014
The bricks development bank of emerging economies. Bricks is an acronym , it refers to ,[B]razil ,[R]ussia , [I]ndia ,[C]hina ,[S]outh Africa . It also includes over 55 other countries . The acronym was coined in 2001 ,and at that time thought it would take 50 years to become a threat to our US dollar world reserve currency status. 7 months ago they(the countries that use the dollar as the reserve) said that the bricks economies would not be able to fund its world bank before 2020 .Today the bricks world bank is reality .This is the reason for the wars we have fought, and are going to have to fight in the near future .Not religion our inequality as the media leads people to believe . Do you see ,we are an economy based on credit ,and the better your credit score is, the more material you could purchase with credit .Debt is the total opposite of capital [capitalism] . We are a country in debt . And we are in debt (heavily) to some of the countries belonging to bricks .Russia, mega energy sector for bricks .We do not have a week president .He pushed Russia out of Libya ,Egypt , Syria ,ALL the back to the borders of Russia, and he's still fight with them. Don't be fooled ,Russia is one bad a$$ country when it comes to energy .China and India ,the two largest populations on earth, with the ability to manufacture anything under the sun. S. Africa ,I never did understand ,how a country with so much wealth could be in debt . All this leads up to the destruction of the U.S. monetary system . So if think immigration ,inequality , religion ,ask a 50 year old Russian what it was like when their monetary system collapsed . Gorbachav ,tear down that wall ,and then the people in that country ate each other .Even if we submitted to the bricks ,we are too far in debt , to be any good to them .This is world war three . Our leaders have a plan .I don't care who dislikes it, has to be better than the alternative .
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3039 Jul 31, 2014
I really don't think poor working people would fight/kill each other to make 1% rich beyond their wildest dreams.

The 1% takes advantage of the religious differences as fuel for the wars. Being hard working poor is the extra motivator to pick up arms. Inequality promotes us against them attitudes. It also tears down the Middle Class. Another strong reason for the Middle Class to align themselves with the working poor. Half of something is a lot better than 100% of nothing.

Again, sanctions do work. It is NOT the US people who got into bed with Russia, it is Global Corporations and European Nations. They should foot the war bill, right? The sanctions are to stop Russia and move them out of Ukraine; not change them. Change comes from within.

The US is floating on debt; auto, home, education and expensive necessary healthcare. As a country we can do something about education and healthcare costs. Expand state funded schools and take For Profit out of the student loan network and EXPAND MEDICARE; everyone paying into the same pot their whole lives with negotiated medical costs. Yes, it will drive the ones only interested in profits out, but hey, isn't that a good thing. Think of all the new good jobs that would be created to pay taxes and fix the infrastructure (that would create even more good jobs).

As far as China and India, the US corporations would receive tax credits for bringing back good permanent middle class mfg. jobs here in the good old USA and tariffs would be charged on foreign corporation goods coming in. Didn't they say they did NOT want to pay income tax on their profits? The more money US citizens earn the more they spend and pay taxes (reduce debt) and the less welfare they require.

Keep in mind, the 67,000 plus page IRS tax code is not in favor of the poor working people. Reaganomics DID NOT work; rather hurt the US. Loosing bank regs worked against the poor working people and hurt the US. Did we not learn our lesson in 2007-2008?

Money, like blood in the body, needs to circulate for good health. Money should be circulated; not collected. Catch and release.
JohnKoski

Zwolle, LA

#3040 Jul 31, 2014
I also believe that working people , and not , would not fight /kill for the one percent . Unless , it's a means of personal survival .When people have children to feed , mortgages to pay , most will go to extremes . I may sound like a "doom and glummer" but I'm only expressing what I've seen ,studied. The oldest consensus we have is the bible , unless you look to China .Three, of the first four people it tells us about on earth were corrupt .This is the way of the world . always has been ,always will be .Exodus , is another good story . Look at Israel today ,without pointing fingers .I don't know how old these stories are , but proof exists that man has walk on this earth for 700,000 years . So that being said ,I'm wanting to see if there's a correlation between the DOW losing 300 points today , and the opening of the BRICKS world bank on Monday. If we lived in a, close to perfect world , I would agree with most of what Living Wage is saying .We are so far off that course now , that there is no going back .Alone , All the laws the previous four administrations have passed ,will take 50 years to rectify .If the US dollar loses 50% of its world value , everything the dollar buys us will coast a 100% more . If the US dollar loses all of its value ,the only people who could" find" food is the .001%. US is not floating on debt, we are neck deep in debt . and any devaluing of our dollar causes inflation . It is this reason we can't compete , with these emerging economies .I do consider "everything" in main stream media to be an abstraction from this issue , and too few people pay attention to real world changing events . Unless it looks like our guy is winning . If it begins to look like ,the BRICS countries can't be stopped , and the dollar starts to lose its hold as reserve, bet all your money ,that Europe will join them as well. In all honesty , I don't know how to fix the world , it's been broken since the day God put two people together here .It's all part of the masters plan .I do remember reading how God bestowed his love on the victors of his plan !.Live and let die. In God we trust ! P.S. research B.R.I.C.K.S
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3041 Jul 31, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think it is a matter of Russia wanting Ukraine under their wing; just wanting to take over the world? Is this Mitt Romney?
So you are convinced that Russia (the wealthy 1%) will allow Putin to destroy them?
Putin is looking for a way out. His poor supporters are about to turn on him. Hey, that will be the way to finally GET RID OF HIM, right? Or will Russia's Middle Class get to him first. See another reason why the Middle Class should align themselves with the working poor, right?
The Soviet Union wants to overtake, and is overtaking Ukraine, a little at a time, just like Obama is here. Putin could care less what the poor and the working class think, just like Obama. Putin and Obama are opposite sides of the same coin. One weak side, one strong side. If you really believe the poor and/or the middle class of the Soviet Union will rid itself of Putin, you are truly delusional. But we already knew that, right, right, right????

The same is true for here. Obama, like Putin, is in full support of the 1%, despite your "Bush derangement syndrome". Otherwise, why is he in support of the tax increase on the $1-2 million/yr. earners, but not above that level? The high earners, but not the truly high incomes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) 3 hr SLY WEST 1,772
Police Jury Tax 9 hr no new taxes 6
jamie calhoun (Mar '11) 23 hr demon slayer 31
Red head Sat Reds 1
good news (Dec '13) Sat HAPPY 102
CCA - DOC here for a personnal shakedown Sat Stacy 41
Lets play - follow the word! (Aug '11) Fri Hatti_Hollerand 2,952
Winnfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web