Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2601 May 18, 2014
http://t.mediaite.com/mediaite/ #!/entry/dr-ben-carson-calls-o bamacare-worst-thing-since-sla very-at,5258487c3c1300734d0f53 4d
wow

Nacogdoches, TX

#2602 May 18, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Kids today are exposed to more technology than ever before. We need to reach them by the time they enter their teenage years and train them in jobs they are interested in. Just doing this will cut down on the drop rate. Grades will improve.
All kids should finish high school with a job skill. Those who want to get advanced degrees will have a skill to EARN the money to pay for it. Others will continue on with their life WITH the skills needed to get a good job to pay the bills.
It is a very individual thing. You have kids who have gotten advanced degrees who CANNOT perform in the real world (their main achievement is going to school and memorizing) and others who went to work right away and focused on their jobs, excel.
As a society, we need to REWARD PERFORMANCE; not a piece of paper in a frame.
Again, after graduation day, that degree becomes a tool you sell to your employer. Most employers want PERFORMANCE, Right?
You made my point. They are being indoctrinated and are not able to think for themselves. It takes away their ability to perform. Over the years testing has increased with decreases in performance. They need reality. Once their attitude is right and behave like humans and not heathens they can more adequately choose a career path and perform better.
Living Wage

Sunset, LA

#2603 May 18, 2014
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

Politifact

Fact checking Benghazi

The truth shall set you free.
Living Wage

Sunset, LA

#2604 May 18, 2014
American people have a right to know where campaign money is coming from, I agree 100%.

You need to let SCOTUS know your feelings.

Too much campaign money one a few sources does NOT equate to Freedom of Speech. More like drowning out the voices of the majority.

POTUS came out against Citizens United ruling from the start.

As Ann R. said about how Mitt got his money, IT WAS ALL LEGAL.

As W. Buffet said, yes it was, CHANGE THE LAW!
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2605 May 18, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
American people have a right to know where campaign money is coming from, I agree 100%.
You need to let SCOTUS know your feelings.
Too much campaign money one a few sources does NOT equate to Freedom of Speech. More like drowning out the voices of the majority.
POTUS came out against Citizens United ruling from the start.
As Ann R. said about how Mitt got his money, IT WAS ALL LEGAL.
As W. Buffet said, yes it was, CHANGE THE LAW!
Did you even read what I wrote? Seems you aren't able to use your reading comprehension skills very well. Your answer doesn't address anything I asked or stated, you just went off on your own tangent, as usual.
Living Wage

Sunset, LA

#2606 May 18, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You made my point. They are being indoctrinated and are not able to think for themselves. It takes away their ability to perform. Over the years testing has increased with decreases in performance. They need reality. Once their attitude is right and behave like humans and not heathens they can more adequately choose a career path and perform better.
Aptitude testing provides the learning path for students to follow.

If they are interested in their training, see a future, they will be motivated to stay in school and get better grades.

Testing tells trainers if the students are ready to move forward. I am all for individual testing; rather than "Friday tests for all". Once you get it, you move forward. Those falling far behind are not suited to the curriculum and need to move on to what better suits them. By 8th grade, they should have learned their basic skills (math, reading, science). Going forward, their curriculum would determine the advanced courses.

They also need to see GOOD JOBS at the end of their training.

Parents need to support their kids.
wow

Nacogdoches, TX

#2607 May 18, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are interested in their training, see a future, they will be motivated to stay in school and get better grades.
Testing tells trainers if the students are ready to move forward. I am all for individual testing; rather than "Friday tests for all". Once you get it, you move forward. Those falling far behind are not suited to the curriculum and need to move on to what better suits them. By 8th grade, they should have learned their basic skills (math, reading, science). Going forward, their curriculum would determine the advanced courses.
If you are really interested in this, then here's the LA education website. Read up. There are "career path" and "college path" curriculum already. And the students get tested extensively from early grades through seniors. But if someone has the wrong attitude and doesn't want to learn nothing can be done with that person. These kids have more help available to them than others that have gone through school in decades past but turned out better. Programs, tests, and more crap is not the answer if a student doesn't want to learn. Just like passing a new law doesn't keep a criminal from breaking it, adding more programs/testing doesn't keep an uninterested kid from blowing it off.

http://www.louisianabelieves.com/
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2608 May 18, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Russia, Vlad.

Also sounds like we'll have "classes" going off in 100 different directions.

Damn, why aren't you up there with "great and mighty O"? You know how businesses should be regulated, you know how healthcare should be run, you know how schools should be set up and run, what wages should be, is there anything that you don't know everything about? You're a legend in your own mind, like your buddy "O".
Zig Zag

Lafayette, LA

#2609 May 18, 2014
Which one is pro cannabis ? At least the Dems want to give us ganja for stress relief !! They all tell lies, sleep with hookers and take bribes. At this point, I'll vote strictly on cannabis policy.
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2610 May 18, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
http://www.politifact.com/trut h-o-meter/article/2014/may/16/ fact-checking-benghazi-our-mos t-recent-round-/
Politifact
Fact checking Benghazi
The truth shall set you free.
Wow! "Did Hillary know more security was needed?" She says she didn't read the cables requesting it, so we rate that "mostly false". That is some REAL fact-checking there!
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2611 May 18, 2014
Hello, Hillary is a LIAR!
Rigby

Natchitoches, LA

#2612 May 18, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! "Did Hillary know more security was needed?" She says she didn't read the cables requesting it, so we rate that "mostly false". That is some REAL fact-checking there!
The republicans cut the funding by embassy security by $128 million in 2011 and $331 million in 2012. Moreover they proposed cutting State Department security staff by 300 in 2009. For the republican party to now whine that Obama or Clinton or anyone else shortchanged security is the very essence of hypocrisy.

But what can expect from a group of people that claim to be patriots then block funding for veteran's health and education because they say we can't afford it; yet still want to pass tax cuts for their donors and country club friends.

Republicans are not only traitors they are modern day Pharisees.
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2613 May 19, 2014
Rigby wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans cut the funding by embassy security by $128 million in 2011 and $331 million in 2012. Moreover they proposed cutting State Department security staff by 300 in 2009. For the republican party to now whine that Obama or Clinton or anyone else shortchanged security is the very essence of hypocrisy.
But what can expect from a group of people that claim to be patriots then block funding for veteran's health and education because they say we can't afford it; yet still want to pass tax cuts for their donors and country club friends.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

Three Pinocchios - significant factual error and/or obvious contradictions.

Just because the "budget" was cut doesn't mean the "spending" was cut, which it wasn't. In fact, State department spending has increased, just less than "budgeted".
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2614 May 19, 2014
Rigby wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statemen...

More liberal wordplay. Cutting "proposed" funding = cutting funding.
Rigby

Baton Rouge, LA

#2615 May 19, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Three Pinocchios - significant factual error and/or obvious contradictions.
Just because the "budget" was cut doesn't mean the "spending" was cut, which it wasn't. In fact, State department spending has increased, just less than "budgeted".
I never said that the decrease in funding led to the tragedy in Libya. What I said its that is disingenuous for republicans to gripe about lax security when they voted to cut security. It says as much in the article you referenced. Guess you didn't bother to read it though.
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2616 May 19, 2014
Rigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that the decrease in funding led to the tragedy in Libya. What I said its that is disingenuous for republicans to gripe about lax security when they voted to cut security. It says as much in the article you referenced. Guess you didn't bother to read it though.
No, I never read the entire article, just the parts that I agree with. No matter what you say or what you quote from, I know it’s the democrats that are fault (namely Obama and Hillary) for Benghazi. It was their job to stop terrorist from killing our ambassador and troops, end of story.

Remember Benghazi!
Living Wage

United States

#2617 May 19, 2014
If you did your research, you would know that the bldg. Stevens died in was NOT AN EMBASSY. It was a CIA bldg. he used for that visit. He conducted business, on 9/11 as usual in that bldg. WHY if he was so afraid??????? You do realize that he and the other person with him died in that bldg.'s safe room from the smoke; not dragged in the streets.

Again, over time Stevens was asked, not once, but twice if he wanted more security by the head of the military in that region and he said "NO". WHY?

Hillary did not get the e-mails directly and there WAS NOT a direct video feed of the attack to the WH while it was going on. LIES!

Under Bush, the US invaded a country, based on lies, where tens of thousands of people died and the US taxpayers have been and probably still are rebuilding their infrastructure (not our aging infrastructure). Why are you screaming about 4 people, when so many US soldiers died and were injured in Iraq? Don't all lives matter?

Maybe it is time to put things into perspective????
Living Wage

United States

#2618 May 19, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never read the entire article, just the parts that I agree with. No matter what you say or what you quote from, I know it’s the democrats that are fault (namely Obama and Hillary) for Benghazi. It was their job to stop terrorist from killing our ambassador and troops, end of story.
Remember Benghazi!
REMEMBER IRAQ!!!!!

All lives matter!

O did not repeat the errors of the Bush years, thank God!!!!

Use sanctions, not poor people's kids!
The Real Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2619 May 19, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Benghazi!
I seem to have this troll that STILL has nothing better to do but assume the name that I'm using and spew crap.
The Real Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#2620 May 19, 2014
Rigby wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOU had read the entire article(s), YOU would know that the budget proposals presented to a Democrat controlled congress were also reduced below what they asked for. It is common practice, budgets always ask for much more than they even think they may possibly get approved. Republicans did not vote to "cut security", they voted to approve less than what was asked for (but still increased over previous years). The money in these budgets was SPENT BY DEMORATS in the manner in which they desired. Republicans had no control over HOW it was spent, just HOW MUCH.

Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
??WHAT??A NEW word game FOUR WORDS (Oct '11) 22 hr Plumber 1,596
Keep a word/Drop a word Game... (May '12) 22 hr Plumber 2,203
Nichols 22 hr Ick Factor 8
Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words (Mar '11) Tue Hatti_Hollerand 2,079
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) Tue Hatti_Hollerand 2,115
This one is cool. 4 Word Game (Jan '11) Tue Hatti_Hollerand 1,117
Lets play - follow the word! (Aug '11) Tue Hatti_Hollerand 3,249
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnfield Mortgages