Canford Jordan

Mike Gilliam

JJ Crippen's great-grandson

yeah right

United States

#22 Sep 21, 2013
Winnfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but he won't arrest a preacher for DUI.
Pure BS!
hope

United States

#23 Sep 21, 2013
If Mike runs he will get my vote
gets my vote

United States

#24 Sep 22, 2013
And a lot of others. There was no choice in the last Sheriff's race so we had to settle but if Mike will run we will have a real sheriff candidate to vote for this time.
Winnfield

Winnfield, LA

#25 Sep 22, 2013
The Doc wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are just making this up. What preacher did he stop that was drunk? I have not heard anything like this. Sounds like character assassination to me, just plain lies to smudge a good man's name.
He wasn't driving drunk, he was abusing his prescribed pain medication.....and a Winnfield Police Officer and a Winn Sheriff's Deputy also failed to arrest him.
abc123

United States

#26 Sep 23, 2013
Winnfield wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't driving drunk, he was abusing his prescribed pain medication.....and a Winnfield Police Officer and a Winn Sheriff's Deputy also failed to arrest him.
Who was he?
abc123

United States

#27 Sep 25, 2013
Winnfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't remember?
Who Cares

Winnfield, LA

#28 Sep 25, 2013
I won't vote for an incumbent or a sanctimonious lawman who thinks he's a really nice guy or is on a "mission"!
deputy

Pineville, LA

#29 Sep 26, 2013
Who Cares wrote:
I won't vote for an incumbent or a sanctimonious lawman who thinks he's a really nice guy or is on a "mission"!
David Ford, I thought you liked Cranford???
Hope

United States

#30 Sep 26, 2013
I won't vote for Cranford
meme

United States

#31 Sep 26, 2013
Where Bodie at?
sandy

United States

#32 Sep 26, 2013
I would. only vote for an outsider who lives a clean life and beleives in the law. I think a credit check, taxes, and a background check should be a part of his campaign. They should have a background in law and possibly military. His lifestyle should reflect his morals and beliefs. Even his family life should be made public. I'm not talking about his relatives. A marred man who treats his wife with love and respect. A family man who values his home and children. If he cheats on his family then this will reflect on his job. The sheriff gets a very good salary and benefits. He needs a wife who puts her family first without all the drama of a power trip. This is a job that should be put under a microscope as any application is when applying to a large corporation. You are paying a very high salary and a lot of power goes with this position. Your police officers are not even trained properly. You need to bring in some out of parish trained detectives and pay them a decent salary. Quit letting certain people run your town. You the tax voters have the power to change it. Same with your other elected officials.
David Ford - Retired

Winnfield, LA

#33 Sep 26, 2013
My priority of choices are: Sergeant Preston, Darryl Winder, Sheriff Cranford Jordan, and Kelly Lawrence.

Level 2

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#34 Sep 27, 2013
Jordan needs to go. In the time that Jordan as been in office what has he done for your community. Unsolved murders, no drug bust Among what else NOTHING

You as a community need to take a real hard look at y'all past track record within the sheriff office an elected officials. Y'all keep electing the same ones who don't want to make a change in your community. I have to agree that credit checks , background checks posted earlier. If anyone is seeking employment has to all these things so what is the difference if your wanting to become a elected official. They as well should have to commit to a drug testing. They are no better than anyone else in this country

I WOULD VOTE SOMEONE THAT HAS MORALS AN REAL VALUES TO WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE IN YOUR COMMUNITY. GET RID OF THE TRSH THAT IS THERE AN GET SOMEONE THAT WANTS TO MAKE SOME REAL CHANGES
Quate

Beebe, AR

#35 Sep 28, 2013
Hope wrote:
I won't vote for Cranford
I will vote for Cranford.
sandy

United States

#36 Sep 28, 2013
Quate wrote:
<quoted text>I will vote for Cranford.
If he would cut his pay in half and hire real detectives and pay them a decent salary we might all vote for him. He needs to solve the murders of several people there. He needs to solve the rumers of the dead body in the well. This disappearance of the Wheat man. Is he protecting his kin? He needs to quit giving free passes to the elite kids. I like Cranford but I don't think anyone running is truly trained to handle the crime there. It seems. like the same with every politition. Someone in that town knows who killed Libby. If you had real detectives they might be able to solve it. Do any of the cops go to an academy for training? Or is it on the job training? Is that why they don't get a decent pay. Try hiring some season outside detectives and pay them what they are worth. Oops I forgot the big paychecks would have to be cut!!!
justus cloves

Austin, TX

#37 Sep 30, 2013
vote in somebody that has never asked the taxpayers of winn parish for money before then it will be exciting and new for everybody
bump to top

Bay Minette, AL

#38 Oct 2, 2013
bump to top
no new taxes

Franklinton, LA

#39 Oct 14, 2013
Can't vote for a man that can't keep his promises to not need additional tax monies and could make do on what is there now.

VOTE NO ON THE SHERIFF"S NEW TAX.

Then vote him out of office for not being truthful and keeping his word to the people of Winn Parish.
Annie Oakley

Denham Springs, LA

#40 Oct 31, 2013
Jj crippen used to own the house on 502 front street years ago. He went missing after a jewelry store or something got robbed then returned with amnesia. Some if his relatives are blackburns
Winn Parish

Winnfield, LA

#41 Nov 1, 2013
Kelly Lawrence should run, otherwise we might end up with His Highness the Gillum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words (Mar '11) Wed Don 2,090
Winnfield Middle School Wed Kim 1
gjjkk Wed disappointed 1
Moss Home Health (Dec '13) Aug 23 AnnL 29
Wasting food Aug 22 Knot You 2
First Baptist Church (Jan '10) Aug 19 4 shizzle 251
arrest zimmerman? (Apr '12) Aug 17 Yilm 13

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance