Atlanta Louisiana
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned citizen

Houston, TX

#1 Aug 19, 2013
Can someone please help answer this question? How is it possible for a man to shoot and kill 3 dogs and him admit to it and him not be prosecuted?
abswer man

Tucker, GA

#2 Aug 20, 2013
Concerned citizen wrote:
Can someone please help answer this question? How is it possible for a man to shoot and kill 3 dogs and him admit to it and him not be prosecuted?
answer: morw than likely it means he was well within his legal right to do so.Winn parish has leash laws. You did not give enough info in the situation .Were thw animals on his property? Were they his animals? Does he own livestock ?
Concerned citizen

Metairie, LA

#3 Aug 20, 2013
abswer man wrote:
<quoted text> answer: morw than likely it means he was well within his legal right to do so.Winn parish has leash laws. You did not give enough info in the situation .Were thw animals on his property? Were they his animals? Does he own livestock ?
No the animals where on my property in my pen and on a cable. No animal was in his property and no he has none!
sandy

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2013
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No the animals where on my property in my pen and on a cable. No animal was in his property and no he has none!
The law there doesn't care about human life much less animals. Who you are and who you know. Between covering up deaths and protecting your prominent citizen's kids your animals are the least of their concerns. Call the humane society. Until you make it public knowledge your not gonna get anywhere. Try sueing the guy. He came on your property and destroyed.
me too

Winnfield, LA

#5 Aug 20, 2013
This has happened to me also, but not lately. The humane society will act. They are the only ones that will. The dogs were your property, and they destroyed your property. Grant parish has a humane society. Do not stop until you get some action.
logger

Powhatan, LA

#6 Aug 20, 2013
Please post his name on here. People need to know. Don't see where it would be any type of slander to post his name.
concerned citizen

Pineville, LA

#7 Aug 24, 2013
me too wrote:
This has happened to me also, but not lately. The humane society will act. They are the only ones that will. The dogs were your property, and they destroyed your property. Grant parish has a humane society. Do not stop until you get some action.
The Human Society here was contacted but they aren't worried about this. All they are interested in is the he is a "constable" and they don't want to give him a bad name!!
answer man

United States

#8 Aug 25, 2013
Boy that knda narrows it down .now don't it.
betsy

Pineville, LA

#9 Aug 25, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Human Society here was contacted but they aren't worried about this. All they are interested in is the he is a "constable" and they don't want to give him a bad name!!
the Humane society has no more law enforcement power than you do.
You can report the happening to the sheriff's dept, and I urge you to do so. You can also file suit against the killer for destroying your private property, if there was no cause for the action .
question

United States

#10 Aug 25, 2013
Is it a Williams man?
seems

Pineville, LA

#11 Aug 27, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called Heart of Louisiana humane society are only interested in live dogs they can have power over.
They wouldn't even let a dog owner reclaim his dog from the tax paid pound. they said it was their dog. do they make money on dogs they put up for adoption???
FYI

Cedar, MN

#12 Aug 30, 2013
The so-called Heart of Louisiana humane society are only interested in live dogs they can have power over.
They wouldn't even let a dog owner reclaim his dog from the tax paid pound. they said it was their dog. do they make money on dogs they put up for adoption???

How could they make money on an adoption when they adopt dogs for $90. All there dogs are spayed or neutered (which by the way is required by Louisiana law, RS 3: 2472. http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/law.aspx... ), receive rabies shot, all current vaccinations, microchipped and wormed I do not think anywhere that can be done for less than $90.
a little information

Pineville, LA

#13 Aug 31, 2013
FYI wrote:
How could they make money on an adoption when they adopt dogs for $90. All there dogs are spayed or neutered (which by the way is required by Louisiana law, RS 3: 2472. http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/law.aspx... ), receive rabies shot, all current vaccinations, microchipped and wormed I do not think anywhere that can be done for less than $90.
I ask, are you really serious? There is NO group , repeat NO GROUP in Winn Parish that is a humane society with IRS non-profit status, nor is there a "humane society" group in Winn Parish in good standing with the State of Louisiana. Look up the government reports and see for yourself. For 3 consecutive years the original group here FAILED TO FILE WITH THE IRS and their non-profit status has been revoked, removed, done away with.( They might re-instate, but that doesn't negate the fact nor will it ever remove the fact that this group is/has been operating illegally by telling people they are a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization and accepting private and government donations without any accounting of how the money is obtained or used.

Like a private citizen just as I am, each of them, including the founder and board members of the defunct organization (that claims to be a non-profit Humane society member) is also ONLY a private citizen with no more special privileges , authority OR LAW ENFORCEMENT POWERS than I have.
In the big COUNTER letter to the editor in Winn paper of August, 21, 2013, they are still fraudulently claiming they are a non-profit organization. THEY ARE NOT!( ACCORDING TO GOVERNMENT RECORDS )
SO WITHOUT ANY REPORTING OF MONIES COLLECTED, NO TAXES PAID, NO REPORTING OF HOW MONEY IS SPENT, HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING? YOU DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF MONEY IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO MAKE. THEY HAVE NO RECORDS TO PROVE WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEY ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.
You quote the law that don't even apply to individuals such as a group that has no legal standing. That law is meant for licensed animal shelters and legitimate person, not just someone off the streets walking in and saying how to run a government facility. Those persons have no right to claim any dog without paying adoptions fees to the tax paid animal shelter, but they are again breaking the law and claiming dogs as their own and not paying adoption fees. Where is the D.A ? Where is the investigation that must be called for? The citizens need to insist on an investigation and call these people to give an account of their illegal actions. They took a man's pet, O-DEE!
a little information

Pollock, LA

#14 Sep 1, 2013
What is the name of the person claiming they were from the humane society that instructed the employee at the Winnfield Animal Shelter not to release O-DEE to his rightful owner when he found his dog in the facility?
Who is that person who said the dog belonged to them, and the rightful owner couldn't have his own dog?
Who got fired from her job? Was it the person who took instructions from the person on the other end of the telephone whom the employee identified as a humane society lady?

We need an investigation!
We need to find who is lurking behind the scene and taking dogs they want. A valuable dog, I might mention.

O-DEE was a hunting dog. Hunting dogs bring ,in some cases, several thousands of dollars.

What sensible reason would a humane society person have to not let the rightful owner have his dog?

Well, I see they are not interested in the animal welfare nor the owners. They have revealed their real self and it don't look good. What is their goal?
We need to check into this more and get some names.
We need to publish the name of the person identified as humane society member. As pointed out there is no such legally recognized organization in the parish of Winn, but someone is working behind the scene , directing our tax paid employees whether to release or not release an animal to its owner.
Something don't meet the smell test here. Investigate!!
Our tax dollars are being used . That action is incomprehensible to not let a dog go to the good home he had had. We are not through with this , yet. Something is amiss.
In the Know

United States

#15 Sep 1, 2013
Give it a rest DH. You know nothing of what you speak.
a little information

Jonesville, LA

#16 Sep 2, 2013
a little information wrote:
What is the name of the person claiming they were from the humane society that instructed the employee at the Winnfield Animal Shelter not to release O-DEE to his rightful owner when he found his dog in the facility?
Who is that person who said the dog belonged to them, and the rightful owner couldn't have his own dog?
Who got fired from her job? Was it the person who took instructions from the person on the other end of the telephone whom the employee identified as a humane society lady?
We need an investigation!
We need to find who is lurking behind the scene and taking dogs they want. A valuable dog, I might mention.
We are not through with this , yet. Something is amiss.
When the allegation does involve the acquisition of property by theft or fraud, any misconduct should normally be prosecuted using appropriate statutory offences on the basis that an appropriate statutory offence should always be used where available in accordance with R v Rimmington, R v Goldstein [2005] UKHL63. The fact that the offence was committed in the course of a public office is an aggravating element.
hitman

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2013
Concerned citizen wrote:
I a pit bull shows up in my yard I'm gonna shoot it!!! Are any other dog that is a threat!!! My 7 yr old girl is worth more than a damn dog!
a little information

Jonesville, LA

#18 Sep 2, 2013
hitman wrote:
<quoted text>
I a pit bull shows up in my yard I'm gonna shoot it!!! Are any other dog that is a threat!!! My 7 yr old girl is worth more than a damn dog!
I totally agree. Any dog, don't have to be a pit bull dog, on you property posing a threat should be killed. Protection of life and private property is paramount.

But what we now have seen in a case at the Winnfield Animal shelter, is a man having his dog stolen from him by some private citizen claiming the dog as their own, although it was being housed in our public facility. The rightful owner who had raised the dog from a pup was there and saw his dog. He had called the pound when the dog was found missing, and the dog had a collar on with his name on it. The pound didn't notify the man his dog had been picked up, as they are required to do.
The pound let some other person have the dog-they didn't adopt it or pay any fees, merely were allowed to lay claim to the valuable dog and the pound keeper allowed the thief to keep the dog housed in and be cared for by our tax dollars. D.A. Nevils what are you going to do about what is going on in our public facility and how our tax money is being used to allow theft to go on?
seems

Pineville, LA

#19 Sep 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
I guess the problem with the dog stolen from his rightful owner at the tax-paid animal shelter is that only the stealer and perhaps some of the people they associate with know what she ultimately plans to do with the dog. As far as the public knows it could have or will be sold for lots of money. There is some reason the thief didn't want to release the dog to his rightful owner.
There is no accounting by this group of people with this type operation going on in our town and parish who refused to care for the best interest of the dog and the happiness of the rightful owner.
There is no accounting , no audit, no financial reports filed with the state (or federal gov't for 5 years) of the activities of the group of people this dog stealer associates with. They are claiming to be an organization when their status has been revoked by the feds and are not in good standing with the state.

Is it reasonable to think the good hunting dog was stolen only to adopt it out to a stranger, when the rightful owner was at the pound , saw his dog and wanted to claim the animal?
There needs to be an investigation of how one is using our facilities with no accounting. Just what is going on? How many times has this same situation happened?
Outraged

Pollock, LA

#20 Sep 6, 2013
For 5 years the heart of the louisiana humane society has deceived the public by claiming to be a 501 (C)(3) org. and presenting themselves as a state recognized org.
Now, only just this week ( Sept. 3, 2013) have they for the first time after their initial year obtained good standing with the state. But look what they have done for all those years they were not in good standing-in other words- a non-organization.

Their actions have negated all their claims they have made for their concern for animals and the animal owners.

Where is O-DEE? How do you feel since you made a lonely man's life sad? Where is your compassion you boast of?
How happy do you think a dog is that you separated from his loving owner? How do you justify taking a man's property illegally?

You state in the Winn paper March 3, 2010, when an alert citizen noted the hs was wanting tax dollars
and the response by the H.S. was , "We have no plans, now or in the future to BENEFIT from tax dollars......."

Your actions betray your words, again!
Where was O-DEE when the owner found him and you said the dog belonged to the H.S.? You were not even there, you were contacted by phone.
The citizens are not as dumb as you might like us to be. O-DEE was staying in the tax supported animal shelter and for your benefit, until you decided to remove him after his owner found him there.
There are some discerning citizens around here. We see the h.s.'s true colors in spite of all the published words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calvin Dicipline 43 min Billy 13
d reason I'm so fat? 4 hr Bulldog 4
Winnfield Jr. High Bears (May '08) 20 hr punk1951 31
Enjoy Yourself (Apr '16) Mon Mary B 53
Josh Smith Mon Jessie shell 15
Dodson Mayor????? Dec 2 Informed voter 37
Kelly Lawrence (Dec '12) Nov 30 No name 16

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance