First Prev
of 3
Next Last
winn parent

Boyce, LA

#1 May 27, 2009
is it just me or does it seem that the new band director at wshs always have to be in the limelight. he seems to only care what his image is to the public, i may be wrong but thats just what it seems like to me.
music man

United States

#2 May 27, 2009
If the parents would quit stirring crap, maybe we could have a good program.
Band Mom

Mount Pleasant, TX

#3 May 28, 2009
If the band director would stop speading crap on the boosters, he could pay more attention to the program.....It's not the parents stirring this mess up, it's doing right by the kids that got out and busted their butts to make the money that the band director wants to blow through, not thinking about next year......
winn parent

Boyce, LA

#4 May 28, 2009
i never said we didn't have a good program all i said was that the band director seems to care more about his own image than what the band is doing or how they look or sound to the public. i love the sound of the band and i hope they will continue to grow and make everyone in winnfield proud of them but i just hope that the public applouds the kids for the talent that they have and not just think that the director just came into town and poof...gave 15-20 kids talent to play instruments...no they already had the talent they just needed the support and encourgement to bring it out. maybe the director needs to stay out of the limelight so much and let it go toward on the kids like it should.
band student Sr2011

United States

#5 Jun 7, 2009
cant we just all get along!!!!i want a good band more than anyone...shit im in da damn thing!!!
Optimist

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2009
winn parent wrote:
i never said we didn't have a good program all i said was that the band director seems to care more about his own image than what the band is doing or how they look or sound to the public. i love the sound of the band and i hope they will continue to grow and make everyone in winnfield proud of them but i just hope that the public applouds the kids for the talent that they have and not just think that the director just came into town and poof...gave 15-20 kids talent to play instruments...no they already had the talent they just needed the support and encourgement to bring it out. maybe the director needs to stay out of the limelight so much and let it go toward on the kids like it should.
You need to have both a good director and talented kids for a GREAT band. I don't know about the band director but I can't believe that spreading crap about him on the internet would be good for the band or the kids. Just let the kids play and the man do his job. Boosters will control the money. Don't worry about anything else. You can't control how people live their lives or behave. But you can control how you do...
Another Band Mom

Baskin, LA

#7 Jun 11, 2009
It was dirty and coniving how the band idrector gathered his little crowd and voted out people wh had been there working for years. These new people are so money hungry and just like this director they want to control it. It should be about the kids. Not about him or the money. This man has said some pretty hurtful things to some of these kids. Caused some to loose all thier self esteem. But now he tals a good talk for his bosses when time comes. Hes a joke. The whole town will soon see. You cant cover a leapards spots forever. Do some research on him and why he left his other schools. You may be surprised. And all you new officiers are going to have to get off your butts nad from behind your desk and in the heat to work and make money like the former ones did. This I want to see
Band Mom

Mount Pleasant, TX

#8 Jun 12, 2009
Was the election of new officers illegeal???? Why did Mr.Rupert vote? Why did his wife vote? THEY ARE NOT BAND BOOSTERS!!!!! If this is the case then I think there should be another election done right this time.....Has any of the band boosters heard from these new officers? They sure didn't show up for family fun day. Neither did Mr. Rupert. That alone said it all for me...
band parent

Boyce, LA

#9 Jun 12, 2009
yes, the election was illegeal, because it states in the bylaws that only bandbooster members are allowed to vote--the director isn't. the night of the voting the new officers made a point of saying they thought that mr.rupert and his wife should vote, only so that they would be voted in, i will tell you the vote was 8 to 6, so without their vote it would have been tied and the vote would have had to been put off.as far as the boosters hearing from the new officers i can't tell you that--don't know--you would need to ask them. i was at fun day also and no none of the new officers nor mr. rupert made an appearance that day but it sure didn't stop the kids from having fun nor any of the old officers and also the parents. i guess this just lets everyone know that they don't care about the kids it will be about them and what they want...sorry kids!!!! maybe we should all get together and bring this up at the bandbooster meeting, if any one is told when these so called meetings are,or are the meetings just going to be the new officers and rupert?
Music Lover

United States

#10 Jun 12, 2009
you folks are sad. Give it a break. This is all about the kids not a bunch of sour ass parents
Band Mom

Mount Pleasant, TX

#11 Jun 12, 2009
We are not sour ass parents...WE CARE ABOUT WHAT WIIL BE DONE FOR THE KIDS....I don't know when there will be a meeting but I want the election of new officers redone....Why haven't the new officers contacted any of the boosters? One of the new officers said they didn't need to have a meeting every month..Oh yes you do....There is not a club that I know of that doesn't meet every month. How do they expect to keep up with things? Go by what Rupert tells them.....I know of several parents that said they won't be involved in boosters because of Rupert and the way he has done in meetings past.....I for one will make sure those kids benifit from the money from the boosters....
band parent

Boyce, LA

#12 Jun 14, 2009
Music Lover wrote:
you folks are sad. Give it a break. This is all about the kids not a bunch of sour ass parents
you must not have been involved with the band or the boosters or you would know this has nothing to do with a bunch of sour ass parents....i for one worked my sour ass off for those band kids, but i was very unappricated by the director because i would not hand the money over to him without any invoices or bills---he just wanted to money for whatever he wanted---and if he said this statement once he said it a million times......in caldweld this is how they do it.....well this isn't freckn' caldweld..he you actually have to earn the money you ask for...do a little something to earn the money rupert....
Music Lover

United States

#13 Jun 14, 2009
band parent wrote:
<quoted text>
you must not have been involved with the band or the boosters or you would know this has nothing to do with a bunch of sour ass parents....i for one worked my sour ass off for those band kids, but i was very unappricated by the director because i would not hand the money over to him without any invoices or bills---he just wanted to money for whatever he wanted---and if he said this statement once he said it a million times......in caldweld this is how they do it.....well this isn't freckn' caldweld..he you actually have to earn the money you ask for...do a little something to earn the money rupert....
You folks are so sad. Pity
dahling

AOL

#14 Jun 14, 2009
Despite all the protesting to the contrary, what has been posted here has little to do with the kids.

So the band director and his "little crowd" of 8 did a coup d'etat of the boosters. There obviously is not much of an organization to take over (is it really 14 people?). Gee!(Did the former group run the band boosters into the ground with only 14 members?)

What options do you have now?

You can take your ball and go home. Boycott the boosters' fundraisers and encourage others to do the same. Tear the group apart on Topix and every chance you get. That will ultimately bankrupt them and destroy the boosters. Great revenge, but it screws the kids over royally.

Or stop feeling sorry for yourself because you are not appreciated. Are you working for yourself or the kids? Get back into the group and help it raise money and get new members. Elect your own little clique that will support what you want to accomplish. It should not be that hard since all you need are 3 more members on your side to overthrow those "nasty" people.

You decide which one helps the kids and which one just helps you. Sadly, I think you have already chosen.
band parent

Boyce, LA

#15 Jun 15, 2009
Music Lover wrote:
<quoted text>You folks are so sad. Pity
please save your pity, you never know when you might need it, i sure the hell don't.
band parent

Boyce, LA

#16 Jun 15, 2009
dahling wrote:
Despite all the protesting to the contrary, what has been posted here has little to do with the kids.
So the band director and his "little crowd" of 8 did a coup d'etat of the boosters. There obviously is not much of an organization to take over (is it really 14 people?). Gee!(Did the former group run the band boosters into the ground with only 14 members?)
What options do you have now?
You can take your ball and go home. Boycott the boosters' fundraisers and encourage others to do the same. Tear the group apart on Topix and every chance you get. That will ultimately bankrupt them and destroy the boosters. Great revenge, but it screws the kids over royally.
Or stop feeling sorry for yourself because you are not appreciated. Are you working for yourself or the kids? Get back into the group and help it raise money and get new members. Elect your own little clique that will support what you want to accomplish. It should not be that hard since all you need are 3 more members on your side to overthrow those "nasty" people.
You decide which one helps the kids and which one just helps you. Sadly, I think you have already chosen.
i don't need your help nor any of the other so called boosters help, i did my part for the band, can you say the same thing? as far as the nasty people i never said that. my whole post was about how the band director loves to be in the limelight himself. i know for a fact that rupert loves to take credit for things that he didn't do, he likes to say he came in and made the band what it is---well, we always had a band it might not have a big one but at least the kids was not told things like they are stupid, they have no talent, or they should just quite, you can thank rupert for these things. and yes, this is a fact i have heard it with my own ears. rupert likes to tell you or anyone else what they want to hear. and to the band kids no matter what you all have talent and don't let rupert tell you other wise. to the people that like to get on her and say stupid things about the great rupert i just hope it's not long befor you learn the truth like i did.
dahling

AOL

#17 Jun 16, 2009
Such venom. I guess you cannot stand the truth. I don't know you or Mr. Rupert, so my only knowledge is based on your allegations. Your sour attitude tells me more than your words, so I am not surprised that there are only 14 band boosters left. Frankly, I think they would be happier, and so would you (and your child), if they had one less member.

If you have proof that Mr. Rupert called a student names, he should be reported to the Principal and to the School Board, and if need be, to the State. The man has a teaching certificate that can be pulled if he abuses his students or his position--and that is abuse. Going through channels will do more to solve your complaints than ranting and raving on topix. Your postings tell me that you get greater satisfaction from gossipping and whining.

I no longer live in Winnfield, but when I did I was in the band and later worked my share in the concession stand, among other things. The difference is that I worked with others to accomplish things, and did not call other people names and tell them I did not need them. Honey attracts more than vinegar.
anon

United States

#18 Jun 16, 2009
band parent wrote:
<quoted text>
So is that why you former band booster officers took all of the available money and BLOWED it on the fun day for the band. was it really a fun day or a vindictive ploy to get rid of all of the money before the new officers took over??????????
Jane

Mount Pleasant, TX

#19 Jun 16, 2009
sounds like the trouble makers need to step aside and let this man do his job. from what I hear, most of you sound very un-educated. all this bickering will run him off and you do NOT need that right now. he's trying to make a go of it to an organization that has gone WAY down hill since Myron Turner.
band mom

Boyce, LA

#20 Jun 16, 2009
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So is that why you former band booster officers took all of the available money and BLOWED it on the fun day for the band. was it really a fun day or a vindictive ploy to get rid of all of the money before the new officers took over??????????
first off i would like to say that the former band booster officers did NOT blow all of the available money on fun day...they left the new officers enough money to start the fair and that is all the bylaws state that be left to the new officers. but if you would like to know the truth the old officers could have spent every penny in the account they earned it not the first new officer did anything to help earn that money, so the new officers need to be grateful that they at least have state up money in the account....as far as any plot no there was no plot fun day was actually ruperts idea, he just couldn't stand the thought that this was something he couldn't out shine the kids on....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cranford Sat loveofgod 7
8,000 post wins. (Feb '13) Sat texas pete 3,612
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) Sat Icnoptnthis 2,168
Keep a word/Drop a word Game... (May '12) Sat Icnoptnthis 2,246
Hunting Nov 18 Askjeeves 3
Police Officer that Raped the 14 Year Old Girl (Oct '16) Nov 16 Willie p_ 21
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Nov 14 How kind of you 10

Winnfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance