oh boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Where have all the waiters gone. Havent been thru in a while. All strangers. Really nasty looking,rude,the place was so loud with noise you couldn't hear. The food was cold,took 30 min to get hamburger. Oh well my family will go on to jonesboro from now on.
truthteller

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

oh boy wrote:
Where have all the waiters gone. Havent been thru in a while. All strangers. Really nasty looking,rude,the place was so loud with noise you couldn't hear. The food was cold,took 30 min to get hamburger. Oh well my family will go on to jonesboro from now on.
They can't keep good help because of the bitch running the place and her daughter....dam shame...
Indeed

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Yep we been in there a few times, food was cold, wait staff stunk. Got 1 cup of coffee and the table behind us for refilled several times. Then when we asked for a cup to go we got CHARGED for it !!! It has gotten really bad. Time for us to find a new place.
One More Word

Zwolle, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Why can't there be just one place in Winnfield where you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee at least and have clean looking people working there? I hvave not been in there in forever. I will not let anyone wait on me if they do not look clean. I don't want dandruff and dirty looking people serving me. I guess they get what they are willing to pay for at Embers.
just nasty

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

What gets me is the nasty hands with dirt under their finger nails!
smar tass

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Indeed wrote:
Yep we been in there a few times, food was cold, wait staff stunk. Got 1 cup of coffee and the table behind us for refilled several times. Then when we asked for a cup to go we got CHARGED for it !!! It has gotten really bad. Time for us to find a new place.
my food has taken a long time to arrive, the waitress was less than professional, the food (since there was more than one of us eating) was not steaming hot. but i have NEVER, and i mean NEVER been charged for a refill. but hey maybe they were flirting with this 40 something yr old gray haired, potbelleid man.
cleanUp

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

This is what I found on the health regs. What restaurant employees are SUPPOSE to be doing.

Effective cleaning gets rid of bacteria on the hands, equipment and surfaces, helping to stop bacteria from spreading onto foods.

When Should Hands Be Washed

● After taking out the garbage or trash

● After clearing tables or busing dirty dishes

● After touching soiled aprons or clothing

● After touching anything that may contaminate the hands
(any surface not sanitized)

● After sneezing, coughing or using a tissue

● After smoking, eating, drinking or chewing gum or tobacco

● After using any cleaning, polishing or sanitizing chemical

● After using the restroom

● Before and after handling raw food

● After touching the hair, face or body

Hand Hygiene

● Fingernails should be kept short and clean.

● Nail polish, false nails and acrylic nails should not be worn while handling food.

● Cuts and sores should be treated and kept covered with clean bandages.
patron

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

What gets me and what I know is NOT done is the nail thing. And I know I myself have seen them smoke and come in to wait tables. WITHOUT washing hands.
local

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

patron wrote:
What gets me and what I know is NOT done is the nail thing. And I know I myself have seen them smoke and come in to wait tables. WITHOUT washing hands.
I'd like to eat out more, but, then when I consider the uncleanliness , I eat at home most of the time. But when we buy canned goods,or frozen goods , I imagine they are handled just like our local restaurants. The only thing is canned goods have been sterilized by the canning process and frozen goods are cooked at home and probably most of the germs are killed.
smar tass

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I plan on eating there tonite. I will let you know how it was.
Curious

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

truthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't keep good help because of the bitch running the place and her daughter....dam shame...
There is more than one person "running" embers. which mother daughter are you referring to? I have been to embers several times and I have enjoyed everything. I mainly go at night. so maybe the mishappenings are occuring in the mornings?
truthteller

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Yes...during day/am/morning shifts..during the week....they no too many secrets of the owner so they can d whatever they want
Looking in

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

You must be a former employee of this resturant; due to your vast knowledge of this place? I know the owner personally and he is the type of man that would take the shirt off of his back for ANYONE in need. So i do not think its fair for people to "bash" his resturant. I am a regular at this resturant and I have never heard of anyone being displeased with the service. The waitress are friendly and the food is great. And before anyone points out the fact that can goods and frozen food are used (which is not correct... many of the foods are home made,[vegtable soup, gumbo, chilli, hamburgers, hamburger steaks, etc.]) I would also like to point out that YOU live in WINNFIELD! this is a small town which does not consist of 5 star resturants! if you have such high expectations for food and do not want to eat frozen or canned goods, you should probably move else where.
truthteller

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

First..never workd there and never would and only ate there twice.dinner suckd..breakfast was good....second I didn't say anything negative abt the owner...don't get ur panties n a wad....I don't eat there and don't give a dam abt the place....was jus stating my opinion based on my knowledge on certain ppl and circumstances...if that bothers u that's ur problem not mine..and from what I hear ur right he would take his shirt off..and for more than jus his wife..but then that seems to b the norm n this town...as far as my 'vast' knowledge of the subject...as u pointed out..this is winnfield...everyone knows everybodies business/secrets lol
dog

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ray Charles could have seen how nasty that place and people are.
Truth

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

An they have a gay waiter an just 2 let y'all no I wouldnt drink there sodas with ice they never clean the ice thing up front it has green mold at the bottom of it

“It's all in your head”

Level 3

Since: Aug 12

Somewhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Truth wrote:
An they have a gay waiter
...so...if you eat there...? Instead of giving you sugar to put in your coffee, he'll give you gay dust?*shriek* I heard that stuff can turn you gay in just ten minutes.
Lee Roy

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

The waiter isn't gay. His boyfriend is, but he isn't.
OMG

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

You people make me sick, You all have nothing better to do than sit around and bash people and places. I just guess it is im-mature people like you that because it is raining outside you can't go out and play so you have to start trouble on here. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!! Not that I care either way about embers or anywhere else in winnfield, because I am not from here, but my question is why don't you use your opinion for something constructive and not negative. But that is all some people like to do is tear others down because their life is so miserable they can't stand to be in their on skin. I hope you all have a great night. Oh and by the way, the way you all are talking, makes me want to eat at embers more, so I will be trying them out.
truthteller

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Lmao....somebody catching feelings ....awe..its gonna b alright lil fella

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Winnfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Winnfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Winnfield News, Events & Info