Do You Think Winnfield Would Support A Coffee House?

Posted in the Winnfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
smar tass

Alexandria, LA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
I see them in several places while I travel. I wonder do you think this town would support a coffee house. I am NOT talking about starbucks, but something along like that.
been tried

Hessmer, LA

#2 Nov 16, 2012
smar tass wrote:
I see them in several places while I travel. I wonder do you think this town would support a coffee house. I am NOT talking about starbucks, but something along like that.
Absolutely not! Well they might if it were owned by an out of towner. Been proven over and over that the people in this parish only support out of town folks. Case and point, look at the Mexican restaurant on a Friday night. Winn Parish folks had a Mexican Restaurant and actually cooked the food and it went out of business. But Winn residents will pile in the El Patio and not one person working there is even an American. They don't adveritse in our local paper or radio. And they sure don't support our schools by ever donating to them. They collect all of our money, don't give anything back and send it to Mexico. We might get a little sales tax out of it, what they might report anyway. And that is it.
One More Word

Zwolle, LA

#3 Nov 17, 2012
I think if it were downtown close to the court house and other businesses it may. The only problem is most coffee houses charge way more than they should. People will not/cannot pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee everyday. No matter what you put in it people around here just don't make that kind of money. Maybe a place that served coffee and pie and some sandwiches. Busy people like something fast that they can take back to the office.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 18, 2012
We been talking about this for the past few months. We have a good idea for it, at least one we think will work . No special fancy coffee, with a few flavored creams and a few other things to go along with ... Coming to a city near you!!!

“Good News Travels Fast”

Since: Jan 11

Unknown

#5 Nov 19, 2012
It might work, if the coffee is affordable, it's 24 hours, and you can keep the cops out of it. It might not work also.

Surely one considering such an investment will do more research than the opinions of a few on some website. Unless it's Mom and Dad's money and you really don't care if it's profitable or not.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2012
I myself have been researching it....And I know I sure don't have mommy and daddys dough.....

We need a lil cyber cafe/coffee and dessert shop.
One More Word

Zwolle, LA

#7 Nov 19, 2012
Also go easy on the decor. Keep it simple and cozy. Nothing fancy. I went to one that had the old fashioned red stools with black and white tile. They also served fantastic ice cream cones/or scoops. Very popular in small towns that are historical destinations.

“Good News Travels Fast”

Since: Jan 11

Unknown

#8 Nov 19, 2012
itsy bitsy007 wrote:
I myself have been researching it....And I know I sure don't have mommy and daddys dough.....
We need a lil cyber cafe/coffee and dessert shop.
That would be cool. With your own unique menu as well. With the cyber cafe you have to have lot's of space because some will only buy 1 0r 2 items but take up a whole table or space for 1-3 hours just farting with their computers. Otherwise you could be on to something.....who knows?

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 20, 2012
It hink it would be great. It could open at 5am and service some type of light breakfast also.
smar tass

Alexandria, LA

#10 Nov 20, 2012
thank you all for the input you have given.
Hmm

Winnfield, LA

#11 Nov 27, 2012
been tried wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not! Well they might if it were owned by an out of towner. Been proven over and over that the people in this parish only support out of town folks. Case and point, look at the Mexican restaurant on a Friday night. Winn Parish folks had a Mexican Restaurant and actually cooked the food and it went out of business. But Winn residents will pile in the El Patio and not one person working there is even an American. They don't adveritse in our local paper or radio. And they sure don't support our schools by ever donating to them. They collect all of our money, don't give anything back and send it to Mexico. We might get a little sales tax out of it, what they might report anyway. And that is it.
One word.... Location.
you know

Winnfield, LA

#12 Nov 28, 2012
I think that is a great idea but where would it be located.I also think we need more eating places like a taco bells ,popeeye's,chili,ryan's something diferrent besides burgers
Hmm

Winnfield, LA

#13 Nov 29, 2012
you know wrote:
I think that is a great idea but where would it be located.I also think we need more eating places like a taco bells ,popeeye's,chili,ryan's something diferrent besides burgers
Agreed!!!
NoNoNo

Winnfield, LA

#14 Dec 17, 2012
It would never fly here, unless maybe the "right" people owned it & that's ALWAYS been Winnfield's problem.
Realistic

Winnfield, LA

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Winnfield? Support ANY BUSINESS? Especially if this business is not local The businesses already here don't support each other. There was a post above about the movie theatre, bowling alley, among others..I can't speak for other towns such as Jonesboro, but..well..let's put it this way..

Winnfield=hypocrisy. The citizensof this town get more pleasure out of showing the 'good side' of Winnfield, which there is very little of these days.Lessee, we also have trainloads of HARD drugs being sold at nearly every street corner.I haven't sen too many of the whores who used to se;; their STD riddled bodies just o get a $1 rock of crack cocaine..nnot to mention the unfaithful husbands who patronize these piles of shit, meanwhile ontracting the very diseases I speak of..Syphylis
crabs, gonerrhea, and various other strains of these diseases, meanwhile passing thse diseases on to the faithful mate who waits at home for the husband who had to 'work late'.EarlierI took God to task for allowing these things to happen.Actualy,it is SATAN and his evil minions who are destroying our lives. Am I to assume to Satan's powers are as strong as God's?At one time in my life I wanted children more than anything ele in life. Now, I would NOT want to subject another soul to the death, disease, and destruction that is eating away at the very fabric of our society.If you are a believer in God, then you had better get up off of your fat lazy ass and get ready to do battle. No, not a war like WWII,bu a war between good and evil. So far, evil is winning. Wake up!!Instead of simply believing in God, ge out your armour and get ready for th figt of our lives and souls. Quit taking the forces of good and evil for granted.Hell is taking over.If you love your chldren, then let's get upand make this world a wonderful place o live, not a cesspool of evil and horror.
Tried

United States

#16 Dec 18, 2012
Didn't they try a coffee house in Winnfield before....wasn't it called The Daily Grind? Down at the end of main street by Radio Shack kinda? I seem to remember one.
moose

Winnfield, LA

#17 Dec 18, 2012
open a crack house, serve beer on sunday in brown sacks.. lots of competition here though
Agreed

Winnfield, LA

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Tried wrote:
Didn't they try a coffee house in Winnfield before....wasn't it called The Daily Grind? Down at the end of main street by Radio Shack kinda? I seem to remember one.
Yep, they did. Expensive everything and could barely be seen in its cubbyhole. That's probably why no one remembers it...
Agreed

Winnfield, LA

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Realistic wrote:
Winnfield? Support ANY BUSINESS? Especially if this business is not local The businesses already here don't support each other. There was a post above about the movie theatre, bowling alley, among others..I can't speak for other towns such as Jonesboro, but..well..let's put it this way..
Winnfield=hypocrisy. The citizensof this town get more pleasure out of showing the 'good side' of Winnfield, which there is very little of these days.Lessee, we also have trainloads of HARD drugs being sold at nearly every street corner.I haven't sen too many of the whores who used to se;; their STD riddled bodies just o get a $1 rock of crack cocaine..nnot to mention the unfaithful husbands who patronize these piles of shit, meanwhile ontracting the very diseases I speak of..Syphylis
crabs, gonerrhea, and various other strains of these diseases, meanwhile passing thse diseases on to the faithful mate who waits at home for the husband who had to 'work late'.EarlierI took God to task for allowing these things to happen.Actualy,it is SATAN and his evil minions who are destroying our lives. Am I to assume to Satan's powers are as strong as God's?At one time in my life I wanted children more than anything ele in life. Now, I would NOT want to subject another soul to the death, disease, and destruction that is eating away at the very fabric of our society.If you are a believer in God, then you had better get up off of your fat lazy ass and get ready to do battle. No, not a war like WWII,bu a war between good and evil. So far, evil is winning. Wake up!!Instead of simply believing in God, ge out your armour and get ready for th figt of our lives and souls. Quit taking the forces of good and evil for granted.Hell is taking over.If you love your chldren, then let's get upand make this world a wonderful place o live, not a cesspool of evil and horror.
This is not new to mankind... We just have more media and information at our fingertips now. Man is an animal of instinct, and "civilized" is the armor they hypocritically dress themselves in.. And sometimes, as in the latest shootings, they don't even bother with putting it on .....
Huh

Winnfield, LA

#20 Dec 20, 2012
How would police officers hanging around in your business be detrimental? And to the person who was obviously supporting Mary's, I have a little information for you. If I eat mexican food I don't want American's cooking it. The other thing is that Mary's sucks. The food tastes like crap and it will give you the runs. I eat at El Patio for those two reasons. Oh, and because Paul is a jackass, and the mexicans are pretty cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CCA corruption. Not good for Winnfield 1 hr Hmm 10
Lets play - follow the word! (Aug '11) 6 hr Trouser Cough 2,873
Keep a word/Drop a word Game... (May '12) 6 hr Trouser Cough 1,752
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) 6 hr Trouser Cough 1,713
??WHAT??A NEW word game FOUR WORDS (Oct '11) 6 hr Trouser Cough 1,158
Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words (Mar '11) 6 hr Trouser Cough 1,594
Child molesters Sat Confused 1
Winnfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web