Don't Fence Me In

Don't Fence Me In

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Magazine story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Don't Fence Me In. In it, Chicago Magazine reports that:

Lola Maverick Lloyd on the house's front steps in the early 1920s with her children Bill, Mary, and Georgia A playful wooden fence is the first suggestion that something unusual stands just south of Winnetka's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Magazine.

EastCoastPhilly

Gurnee, IL

#1 Feb 19, 2009
The situation with this property should be the poster child cautionary tale of what happens when property rights are severely limited in the name of "preservation". Decreased home value and ultimately a home that nobody will buy. Additionally, the neighbors adjacent to this home will see decreases in their property values b/c the home sits empty and unkempt while it's "owner" is nice and cozy in New Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged in theft of puppy from Niles store (Aug '08) Wed Lower-end 70
News Filipino Food Megastore Seafood City Following ... Tue Guest 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 26 OldManBenny 72
Red Light Violations.Com (Mar '09) Jul 16 Daynawife 42
News Primed to pay? Tolls start Tuesday on Elgin-O'Hare Jul 7 Captain Coconut 2
News American Escrow: Illinois attorney general prob... (Mar '09) Jul 3 Slim shady 327
hooooray uk!!! Jun '16 Thomas the Turban... 1

Winnetka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnetka Mortgages