'You can't help but feel connected'

Full story: TwinCities.com

Judy Meikle grabbed Duane Kopp's hand and placed it on her chest. She wanted him to feel his son's beating heart.
Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sherry

Warrington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

I think that's a wonderful thing to do and as a donor family you should be proud of what you did was very special God bless you just remember your loved one is living on in others that's how I feel when I donated my husbands' organs, tissues, bone and whatever they can use.
Sherry

Warrington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Organ and tissue donation is very essential to everyone who does this remarkable quest to honor those who need it. I go to the transplant games every 2 years to honor my husband and to cheer my daughter as she received a hone marrow transplant 15 years ago and without this unknown donor did a very nice thing my daughter wouldn't be here today and when I leave this world I'm doing the same so someone can benefit from it also.
Yishah

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

I believe strongly in organ donation. In my family, there are heart defects that shorten the lives of many young people. Several years ago I got to visit with my Mom's first cousin, John and his wife, he told me about his two sons. One died at age 19 waiting for a heart transplant and the other one got a transplant at age 17 and is still alive. There are other, closer relatives that have that same heart defect that may at some point need a transplant, too. It would be good if more people would sign up to be an organ donor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Chickenpoo 49,272
mike rossi and david cram (Jul '12) 21 hr deep quarry 61
Review: Charles Sheridan And Sons 23 hr Charles Sheridan 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu whatitis 3,911
Walmart Seeks Northbrook Location (Dec '12) Wed Lake County Citizen 2
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Wed Weneedchange 147
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 18 newpoly 1,898

Search the Winnetka Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Winnetka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••