'You can't help but feel connected'

Judy Meikle grabbed Duane Kopp's hand and placed it on her chest. She wanted him to feel his son's beating heart. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bajamama

Mexicali, Mexico

#1 Jul 18, 2010
This is a heart warming story. I always had the donor chip on my drivers licence, but I am now so old,I doubt there is much left for donating. But my hair, even at age 73, is still very long and full and never damaged by coloring. It is not my younger color but back to a baby blond and I would like that to be given to a cancer patient.
JmW

Black River Falls, WI

#2 Jul 19, 2010
I agree with the thought that it was divine intervention. Great story to read and my best wishes to all.
Josef S

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 19, 2010
What a beautiful young man Kopp was...
City Dweller

Eden Prairie, MN

#5 Jul 19, 2010
The war needs to end. Period.
City Dweller

Eden Prairie, MN

#6 Jul 19, 2010
Just think where we would be if Bush/Cheney had never started this war.
Malcolm wrote:
Good thing she got it done now because when Obama-care kicks in this type of thing will not be happening. And before people start going off on this comment, read the bill.
And of course I'm happy for all of these folks involved.
Bud in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 19, 2010
What a wonderful story!

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#9 Jul 19, 2010
I bet the doctors and hospital didn't donate a thing - they made a mint off of Ben's organs
Dick

Saint George, UT

#11 Jul 19, 2010
Kopp is a real hero. We don't give enough credit to people like him.

Instead we worship New York television or Hollywood movie types. And we wonder why our country has gone wrong.
Yea

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jul 19, 2010
Posters - try looking at human interest and people doing good things instead of being so damn cynical.
Javier

Hugo, MN

#13 Jul 19, 2010
City Dweller wrote:
The war needs to end. Period.
Why, because we are safe from another terrorist attack in America?

You are a fool. Period.
Javier

Hugo, MN

#14 Jul 19, 2010
City Dweller wrote:
Just think where we would be if Bush/Cheney had never started this war.
<quoted text>
Yep, we would have more cities destroyed by terrorism on our own soil. People sick and dying from the "dirty bombs" detonated by extremists who came for terrorist camps in Iraq, Afghanistan, and a whole host of other countries that would have been infiltrated by these extremists as they got closer and closer to setting up such camps in our own country. THATS where we would be. Idiot.

This is a great story. One that deserves to be told without MORONS like "citydealer" and his/her ignorance spewed all over.
Javier

Hugo, MN

#15 Jul 19, 2010
"...who came FROM terrorist camps in Iraq, Afghanistan, and a whole host of other countries..."

(sorry, FROM is the word I was going for)
Kristina

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 19, 2010
What a beautiful story, very heart warming!:)
Wimpy

AOL

#18 Jul 19, 2010
What a wonderful uplifting story. It made me feel good all over. Don't forget to designate yourself as a donor. You can see the utmost happiness to live in the woman's face.
Altobelli

United States

#19 Jul 19, 2010
bajamama wrote:
This is a heart warming story. I always had the donor chip on my drivers licence, but I am now so old,I doubt there is much left for donating. But my hair, even at age 73, is still very long and full and never damaged by coloring. It is not my younger color but back to a baby blond and I would like that to be given to a cancer patient.
You can donate your hair now. It will be made into a wig for a cancer patient.
Grow it back and do it again and again.
Nan

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 19, 2010
Javier wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we would have more cities destroyed by terrorism on our own soil. People sick and dying from the "dirty bombs" detonated by extremists who came for terrorist camps in Iraq, Afghanistan, and a whole host of other countries that would have been infiltrated by these extremists as they got closer and closer to setting up such camps in our own country. THATS where we would be. Idiot.
Where have you been drinking your kool-aid?
taxtaxtax

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 19, 2010
It's too bad they haven't figured out a way to transplant common sense and humanity. You would be a great donor!
bajamama wrote:

“Science, not faith.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#23 Jul 19, 2010
Javier wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because we are safe from another terrorist attack in America?
You are a fool. Period.
You are a fool if you think that Bush's war has anything to do with that, and that we really are "safe." If anything, Bush's little war only increased the likelihood that Al Quada will eventually succeed with another attack as it's intensified their resolve and brought in more young recruits. Bush only went after Saddam because his daddy didn't finish the job. At least daddy Bush had a good reason and alliance backing, his son was just a bully and made a real big mess.

Using your logic, I have to assume that my martian repulser is working, because no martians have landed in the US.

“Science, not faith.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#24 Jul 19, 2010
Javier wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great story. One that deserves to be told without MORONS like "citydealer" and his/her ignorance spewed all over.
Yep, I see that you've had a big helping of the Bush/Cheney kool aid. You've bought the story hook, line, & stinker. Damn good thing that sonofabitch is out of office before he could do any more damage.
dem

Harwood Heights, IL

#26 Jul 19, 2010
rjf, you little one eyed dik, you know how connected i am. marty m. and i are golfing buddies and another buddy of mine saw you at staples on forest preserve drive. he almost took your head off. learn manners tea-tard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) Dec 22 Levon 51
Updated 8/19: Lawsuit decided in favor of polic... (Aug '08) Dec 14 SATAN 36
Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) Dec 8 James hancock 47
Weekend picks: Second City fills the suburbs wi... Dec 5 cory 3
mike rossi and david cram (Jul '12) Dec 4 alright 67
Dick Stevens Has Gone Nuts With New Product (May '10) Dec 3 JeffEckert 148
New Trier renovations might mean longer summer ... Nov 29 Love Summer 1
Winnetka Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Winnetka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winnetka News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winnetka

Personal Finance