Highest-Taxed Homes: Sheridan Road, Baby

Nov 30, 2009 Full story: NBC Chicago

Oh, the tax of my tears. You might get sweeping lake vistas, dual kitchens and heated driveways, but you'll also be the recipient of a huge tax bill, according to Cook County tax records reported by the Sun-Times . According to the records, the highest taxed single-family home last year was in Winnetka on Sheridan, where the 14,280-square-foot ...

Full Story
EastCoast

Waukegan, IL

#1 Dec 3, 2009
Sweeping lake vistas? Dual kitchens? Heated driveways?...Sorry most Winnetkans don't get all those things for their tax bill. In fact we don't even get decent elementary,middle,jr. high schools either. Oh yeah..on paper it all looks sooo sweet, the "state standards" are met or exceeded. But given the fact of who has determined those standards(the corrupt machine that is IL gov't at the state/local/county levels)indicates there are no standards at all.
Pay Up

Orange City, FL

#2 Dec 3, 2009
EastCoast wrote:
Sweeping lake vistas? Dual kitchens? Heated driveways?...Sorry most Winnetkans don't get all those things for their tax bill. In fact we don't even get decent elementary,middle,jr. high schools either. Oh yeah..on paper it all looks sooo sweet, the "state standards" are met or exceeded. But given the fact of who has determined those standards(the corrupt machine that is IL gov't at the state/local/county levels)indicates there are no standards at all.
Looks like they got a tax standard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) Mon Levon 51
Updated 8/19: Lawsuit decided in favor of polic... (Aug '08) Dec 14 SATAN 36
Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) Dec 8 James hancock 47
Weekend picks: Second City fills the suburbs wi... Dec 5 cory 3
mike rossi and david cram (Jul '12) Dec 4 alright 67
Dick Stevens Has Gone Nuts With New Product (May '10) Dec 3 JeffEckert 148
New Trier renovations might mean longer summer ... Nov 29 Love Summer 1
Winnetka Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Winnetka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winnetka News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winnetka

Personal Finance