Metra's UP North Line resumes service...

Metra's UP North Line resumes service after fatality -- Winnetk...

There are 43 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 1, 2008, titled Metra's UP North Line resumes service after fatality -- Winnetk.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Metra trains on the commuter rail's Union Pacific North Line between downtown Chicago and the northern suburbs were up and running Tuesday morning after temporary delays were caused when a train struck and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
How Sad

United States

#47 Apr 2, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Like Bill, I too was on one of the trains passing the scene. I understand the need to keep the trains running, and I understand the need to investigate the scene. However, what I do not understand is why the crew didn't use the intercom (as I learned they are supposed to do in such a situation) to warn people of what we were about to pass. I had no warning whatsoever, and happened to be looking out the window at the time. I'm a high school student that uses metra to commute, and I did not need to be seeing that.
I'm so sorry that you had that experience. I have seen pedestrians hit by cars twice in my adult life and that was bad enough. I hope you talk to your family about what you saw and it will get better as time passes.
Aggrieved

Baltimore, MD

#48 Apr 3, 2008
If you wish to file a complaint, you could try filing one with Metra, but I would consider filing one with the IL Attorney General's Office:

http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consum...

That way, Metra may be held accountable and hopefully this won't happen again.
Lorenzo

Chicago, IL

#49 Apr 26, 2009
Turns out the guy who committed suicide ended up at my friend's funeral home (HABEN, in Skokie). We were having dinner when it happened. The victim is unrecognizable, except for his nose. Whatever the reason for doing what he did, why ruin it for others. It's tragic and selfish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Don Smith as Alderman? (Mar '15) Mar 22 DP7wardresident 2
News Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) Mar 22 nogods 60
News Girl born with four legs is separated from para... Mar 22 Joey 3
Poll What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) Mar 17 Lower-end 55
News Alleged Prostitute Accused Of Solicting On Web (Sep '06) Mar 13 Gaffer anyone 12
A Day Without Women? Mar 9 Josh 1
News Debate swirls over arrests of 13 Highland Park ... (Oct '08) Feb 27 Anonymous 1,001

Winnetka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnetka Mortgages