Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Read more: www.cnn.com 201,862

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
Realist

Diamond Bar, CA

#141894 May 21, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be under the impression that because I live in a state that does not recognize my marriage that it is then somehow not legal. That would be a misconception on your part. I'm married, legally.
<quoted text>
You are too witless to every evoke a need for me to engage in an emotion.
<quoted text>
Georgia doesn't. That doesn't make my marriage any less legal. You take a few hours and ponder it and I'm sure you will eventually comprehend.
This is too rich!! LOL!! This is exactly my point! It's all in your head! Exactly where it belongs and as far as the notion of two people of the same gender being "married" should ever go. Have little ceremonies and pretend. That's my whole point and thank you for so succinctly proving it. Far better than I ever could hope!

Realist.
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#141895 May 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>education bashing: what you do when you don't have one.
I most certainly didn't waste my time on a worthless education like you liberals do! My BA is useful!!!
And you should be very thankful for that, because if it were not for people like me who WORK for a living! Your stupid socialism wouldn't work! Why??? Because I pay exorbitant taxes so that the dead beat cry baby liberals can have their worthless education paid for! And lets not forget about those liberals who believe that they should be paid by me / govt. just because they exist!!!
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#141896 May 21, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you take the time to tyupe out a long, unnecessarily extensive dissertation on who I'm not, doesn't make you sound smart.
In the end, you're still wrong.
Just the truth edgar!
But??? The truth? It has no liberal friends!
And NO edgar! I'm "Right". Not left!!! LMAO
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141897 May 21, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the truth edgar!
But??? The truth? It has no liberal friends!
And NO edgar! I'm "Right". Not left!!! LMAO
I didn't say you were left.

It's quite obvious you lean so far right you're gonna fall over soon.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141898 May 21, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly didn't waste my time on a worthless education like you liberals do! My BA is useful!!!
And you should be very thankful for that, because if it were not for people like me who WORK for a living! Your stupid socialism wouldn't work! Why??? Because I pay exorbitant taxes so that the dead beat cry baby liberals can have their worthless education paid for! And lets not forget about those liberals who believe that they should be paid by me / govt. just because they exist!!!
You're right. His intelligence is worthless. Yours is useful. He obviously has "stupid socialism".

Yep. Seems legit. Mhmm. Totally. Yea.
George

Lotus, CA

#141899 May 21, 2012
**********

I'll tell ya dude.

We have won by "Occupation". Your Government. Pays, Us billions of dollars to Occupy America.

Not only "THAT", "IT" (your Government) pays "US" Billions of dollars in a seperate Program for free medical, while "WE" (the minority) "Occupy",(your Land).

It is "Clear" the "Caucasions have "Lost".

Problem "IS", "They" (the Caucasions) are so stupid "THEY" have not figured out,

that,

"THEY" have lost their "COUNTRY"...

**********

sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#141900 May 21, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were left.
Of course! Right over your head!!! LOL I guess that's what happens when your miniscule mind is always in the gutter!!! LMFAO
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#141901 May 21, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. His intelligence is worthless. Yours is useful. He obviously has "stupid socialism".
Yep. Seems legit. Mhmm. Totally. Yea.
That was stupid!!! But Iguess you can expect no more from the childish liberal... LMFAO

Under the creed of modern liberalism, the individual citizen is not called to maturity but is instead invited to begin a second childhood.
Old School

Temecula, CA

#141902 May 21, 2012
Sorry WV, but this is the United States. We don't follow the Constitution anymore. We don't use ballots to vote anymore, just cash... the more cash the bigger the vote. What! Don't have money, just print up some more. Like I said; This is the "new" United States.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141903 May 21, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
That was stupid!!! But Iguess you can expect no more from the childish liberal... LMFAO
Under the creed of modern liberalism, the individual citizen is not called to maturity but is instead invited to begin a second childhood.
Insanity = repeating the same action over and over expecting different results

You've posted that "creed of modern liberalism" sentence what, fifty times now? It still has yet to work.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141904 May 21, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
That was stupid!!! But Iguess you can expect no more from the childish liberal... LMFAO
Yea, why bother listening to a childish liberal like me?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

HATE AND BIGOTRY

#141905 May 21, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Accidental pregnancy is a life experience for many traditional marriages.
.
<quoted text>Same sex couples never have accidental pregnancies, they can't have children without the opposite sex.
Keep marriage male/female because every gay was born of male/female.
Again, not ALL heterosexuals want "ACCIDENTAL PREGNANCIES" that's why they take precautions......then you do happen to have those who CAN'T get pregnant NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TRY, but we aren't denying those couples the right to marry, are we?

Regardless of how a Same-Sex Couple may need to have children is NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION......Gays and Lesbians have the same right to privacy as heterosexuals do......AND IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#141906 May 21, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, not ALL heterosexuals want "ACCIDENTAL PREGNANCIES" that's why they take precautions......then you do happen to have those who CAN'T get pregnant NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TRY, but we aren't denying those couples the right to marry, are we?
Regardless of how a Same-Sex Couple may need to have children is NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION......Gays and Lesbians have the same right to privacy as heterosexuals do......AND IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!
In other words, gay unions are exactly the same as marriage, and all the things that are not are NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!

Now I understand your 'reasoning'.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#141907 May 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, gay unions are exactly the same as marriage, and all the things that are not are NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!
Now I understand your 'reasoning'.
No her sex life is none of your damn business, moron

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

HATE AND BIGOTRY

#141908 May 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, gay unions are exactly the same as marriage, and all the things that are not are NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!
Now I understand your 'reasoning'.
No, I truly don't believe you do.......and yes, Same-Sex Couples who are legally married are EXACTLY the same as any other legally married couple......THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY REASONING.......the ability to procreate is truly irrelevant.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

HATE AND BIGOTRY

#141909 May 21, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>No her sex life is none of your damn business, moron
He thinks it's just about the sex.....and it's not!!!

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#141910 May 21, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>The whole point about choice is that all the things you define as homosexual are choice.

You tell us people born with the homosexual impulse want to have anal sex, marry same-sex, etc., but these things are all choice, not nature.

Indeed, heterosexual behavior is choice too.

You may have been born with the homosexual impulse, but you became homosexual out of choice. You could have chosen to live as a heterosexual as many do -- but you did not.

Thus the question is should government agree that what you define as homosexual is homosexual?

The answer is no, and the reason the answer is no is because once the government allows you to define who you are there'll be no end to it -- same sex marriage, gay adoption, transvestite school teachers, etc, is proof enough of that.

You are male or female, black or white, Catholic, Jewish, Protestant(etc) but NOT homosexual; at least in the eyes of the law.

That's YOUR definition and the government should have nothing to do with it -- the government should not concede to it.

In Boston you fellows are already demanding "gay rest rooms", gender neutral school curriculum, Homosexual Affirmative Action programs in Civil Service, etc.

Power corrupts and power has thoroughly corrupted you people.
Always with the false dichotomy are you.

Here is what the law does, especially constitutional law - it says that if you make an argument for the rights of the majority, you must ALSO grant those same rights to minority citizens, unles and IF you can prove a compelling interest to not extend those rights.

You have admitted that all things heterosexual are a choice, EQUAL to homosexual and in your admission you prove that there is no compelling interest to deny CITIZENS who are homosexual their rights. You proved us right.

Oh and while the law protects you from a state religion, it acknowledges you are not born with it, religion always being a choice.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#141911 May 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>It's completely funny how you can't seem to use facts in your posts.

BTW, which part of the Constitution gave the SCOTUS the right to interpret the Constitution? And when you are done with that, why don't you tell us where the SCOTUS gets the Constitutional right to review State law?
Not in the constitution but established with "Marbury vs Madison" and upheld ever since.

You are way out of your league on this.

Eric
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#141912 May 21, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Insanity = repeating the same action over and over expecting different results
You've posted that "creed of modern liberalism" sentence what, fifty times now? It still has yet to work.
And you claim to be educated??? LMAO
And as I've said a thousand times now... The truth? It has no liberal friends! Will you ever learn???

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#141913 May 21, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I truly don't believe you do.......and yes, Same-Sex Couples who are legally married are EXACTLY the same as any other legally married couple......THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY REASONING.......the ability to procreate is truly irrelevant.
"EXACTLY the same"

And then you list one of many differences.

That is the (lack of)'reasoning' I am talking about.

You emotionally scream for identification with marriage. Like a woman. Absent a man to legitimately balance that extreme emotion with reason.

Another difference between marriage and gay unions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) Thu Musikologist 21
News A political novice who scored big upset finds h... Thu Black Annie 11
News Michael Jackson's daughter Paris meets with a p... Apr 13 Rome 82
Review: Magic Windows (Mar '10) Apr 12 Joe 31
News Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti releases sustai... Apr 10 General Patton 1
16kauto.com Todd Waagnaar Sloppy Work Hiring to... (Mar '13) Jan '14 HOMELESS Poor Daddy 14
News Potty Time: Metro Might Add Bathrooms At Bus an... (Dec '13) Dec '13 JAGiglio 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at April 17 at 2:31PM PDT

More from around the web

Winnetka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]