Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#141933 May 21, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife guards my heart more than their her own and I like wise do the same for her:-)
We both are there through the good times and the bad, we don't make excuses for anything and we are constantly there for each other.
We have made a lifelong commitment again throughout our very life existence and because we are soul mates, our spirits are very much in tune with each other.
My wife is certainly very familiar with my soul's secrets as she has intimate knowledge of them through out our very existences.......we are soul mates and have vowed to be with each other through this lifetime and beyond.
The rest of your post will find the same response as the ones I've already made comments to........and yes, a "REAL" Marriage is not about my needs being met or fulfilled, but that we each are able to meet and fulfill the other's needs.....and we do.
Again, just because we are 2 women, we still have our own uniqueness and we still must learn what makes the other tick in order to take care all of the things that our spouse needs from us.
You believe that only a man and a woman have special uniqueness that the other doesn't have, but that is also just a small portion of what makes a marriage a marriage.
In my opinion one of the most important aspect of a marriage is to NEVER TAKE YOUR SPOUSE FOR GRANTED OR THE RELATIONSHIP......obviously that happens way to much in an opposite-sex marriage........possibly why the divorce rate is so high.
Oh and another thing.......many people search a lifetime for their soul mate......I was lucky enough to find mine and have the opportunity to marry her and make her my wife:-)
Beautiful, RnL, simply beautiful.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#141934 May 21, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful, RnL, simply beautiful.
Awww<blushes>

It's good to see you my friend:-)
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141935 May 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
While you might cook your pancake with that hot anger, but your brain turns into melted butter too...
It took 8000 years of human history to find ONE culture which after 200 years got SIX (6) states (out of 50) manipulated to force gay 'marriage'???
Dude.

Homosexuality has been recorded in over 1500 species.

Homophobia has only been recorded in one.

Which one seems more logical to you?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#141936 May 21, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww<blushes>
It's good to see you my friend:-)
:)
Good to see you also, RnL.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#141937 May 21, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, sir, you obviously don't know the proper difference between "your" and "you're".
If you're going to say someone's an idiot, make sure you spell "you're" correctly.
I guess *you're just ignorant.
Yawn. Can't defend your BS and ignorance so you are stuck on a typo.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#141938 May 21, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>Dude.

Homosexuality has been recorded in over 1500 species.

Homophobia has only been recorded in one.

Which one seems more logical to you?
Have any of these species recorded that same sex marriage is a right?

Location hidden

#141939 May 21, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are an idiot. Rights such as voting, end of slavery and the creation of a state religion cannot be over ruled by any state. See the Tenth Amendment. Sorry buddy the Constitution is the law of the land.
Voting rights and slavery were corrected by Amendment- those Amendments were ratified by States, not forced upon the States by the Federal Government. Why? Because the States are supreme in all matters which they have not given express control to the Federal Government over.

That is why the Federal Government must get permission from the States to Amend the Constitution while the States can Amend it without the consent of the Federal Government. Because they are SUPREME to the Fed.

And the 1st Amendment nor any Amendment in the Bill of Rights was ever intended by the founders to be binding on the State, this is a fabrication of the SCOTUS starting in the 1940's.

And as far as voting goes, the famed 14th Amendment which you all claim made EVERYONE equal, included gender discrimination right in it!!

Location hidden

#141940 May 21, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall I take this as an admission of defeat? Clearly you aren't up to the simple task of indicating a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry.
Listen idiot, if you think I am going to continue to debate the same nonsense with you in 3 different forums, and continue to answer the same question over an over because you are too ignorant to comprehend it- don't confuse that with you winning something.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#141941 May 21, 2012
Buttered pancakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is so much more diverse than repeating the importance to some in gay marriage?
Sure. There's a lot to marriage but if you're gay and you're fighting for gays to be equal you'll repeat the righteousness for every American citizen to hold a full set of rights and that includes marriage.
You seem to be constantly repeating you're distaste for it.
Yamotherfuckinhoo hypocrite.
Good to see you back my friend! Thanks for injecting some round about humor in the way of logic on the subject! This idiot is quite the clueless one,isn't he? LOL

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#141942 May 21, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>:)
Good to see you also, RnL.
Hope you and your mom are both doing good and the grandchildren are being just apples in your eye:-)

Location hidden

#141943 May 21, 2012
Hey All wrote:
<quoted text>
What AK Idjit is trying to spin is that the Southern states were only concerned about "States' Rights" and that the Federal government had no business dictating what the States should do. Of course, he's thoroughly white-washing over what state right they were so concerned about: Owning slaves.
Here: Take a look at these for declarations by Georgia, Mississippi, South Carlolina, and Texas:
http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/reasons.html
For added fun, do a "find" on "slave" and see all the yellow highlighting pop up!
I never said the Southern States weren't interested in keeping their slaves, I said Abe Lincoln didn't do to war over Slavery.

I guess you can't read.

Location hidden

#141944 May 21, 2012
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the constitution but established with "Marbury vs Madison" and upheld ever since.
You are way out of your league on this.
Eric
Upheld? You mean the SCOTUS didn't take away a power that it granted to itself? Amazing..

Sounds a lot like the Federal Government doing what ever they damn well please and calling it Constitutional.

"It has long, however, been my opinion, and I have never shrunk from its expression,(although I do not choose to put it into a newspaper, nor, like a Priam in armor, offer myself its champion,) the germ of dissolution of our federal government is in the constitution of the federal judiciary: an irresponsible body,(for impeachment is scarcely a scare-crow,) working like gravity by night and by day, gaining a little to-day and a little tomorrow, and advancing its noiseless step like a thief, over the field of jurisdiction until all shall be usurped from the States, and the government of all be consolidated into one. To this I am opposed; because, when all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the centre of all it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated."- Thomas Jefferson

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#141945 May 21, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you and your mom are both doing good and the grandchildren are being just apples in your eye:-)
We are doing okay here, and yes they are! Although three of them are taller than me now. lol
Realist

Thousand Oaks, CA

#141946 May 21, 2012
Buttered pancakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuo know.....you're right.
Two adults who fund mutual love, attraction and a willingness to commit.
And as far as cultures and gays marriages? Some two hundred plus years ago there wasn't a nation as free as the United States was to it's citizens.
Progress Ace. Live with it.
If yuo're going to get all rabid dog lathered up about gays being allowed marriage just hole out up your trailer and call Benny Hinn. You'd have at least one friend to support you.
Pancakes.... You're so obviously annoyed. LOL!! What a douche.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141947 May 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Upheld? You mean the SCOTUS didn't take away a power that it granted to itself? Amazing..
Sounds a lot like the Federal Government doing what ever they damn well please and calling it Constitutional.
"It has long, however, been my opinion, and I have never shrunk from its expression,(although I do not choose to put it into a newspaper, nor, like a Priam in armor, offer myself its champion,) the germ of dissolution of our federal government is in the constitution of the federal judiciary: an irresponsible body,(for impeachment is scarcely a scare-crow,) working like gravity by night and by day, gaining a little to-day and a little tomorrow, and advancing its noiseless step like a thief, over the field of jurisdiction until all shall be usurped from the States, and the government of all be consolidated into one. To this I am opposed; because, when all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the centre of all it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated."- Thomas Jefferson
If we'd held a ballot for Civil Rights in Alabama in, say, 1962, would the majority of the citizens have voted yes or no?

If we'd held a ballot for Black's Rights after the Civil War, would the majority of the South have voted yes or no?

Discriminated cultures gaining rights has never come from putting things to a ballot. We are a representative republic, and we choose who represents us.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141948 May 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Can't defend your BS and ignorance so you are stuck on a typo.
You're not reading.

I'm defending what I write and you are stuck on my humorous exploitation of a typo.

To put it in your words:
akpilot wrote:
Yawn.
Buttered pancakes

Sacramento, CA

#141949 May 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you slipped on some butter and hit your head.
You want to support the incredibly idiotic claim that gay unions are "EXACTLY THE SAME" as marriage, and then you start eliminating the core distinctions of what makes up marriage.
Even more idiotic is the shallow perversion of sex you claim as 'private'. Beyond the basic design of nature and nature's God (no religion, just using the Constitution's words...) which deems anal sex as inherently harmful abuse being equated with healthy heterosexual sex, YOU focus on external fantasy when a healthy marriage matures into a intimate union of opposite genders. A oneness that creates, not the union of duplicates, but a unique creation that supersedes genders.
Marriage is a man and woman divinely united as one.
One person guarding your heart more than their own.
One for time and storm weathered strength.
One for the life-long commitment of spirits united.
One that is familiar with my soul secrets.
One that knows the good and bad, and still loves.
One enjoying the fruit of familiarity.
One that knows and delights in pleasing ALL the private and hidden parts of another.
And most powerful?
One intimacy that is shared with no one else.
That is a climax that only happens in real marriage.
Anything less is a sacrilege.
Nah,

I just laid out the fundemental elements of marriage and advised gays can perform that trick too.

There's nothing in the Constritution about riding skateboards fast, taking a day off work to see the coast, dating more than three women in college or anal sex.

Have to call you a bold faced dumbass liar on that one...LOL!!!!

Gays can have intimate unions as well. Instead of under the cover moans of "Ohh SALLY...mixed with Ohhh Jerry!!!" you may get "Ooohhh GAAAWD TONY with a slice of YES! YES! YES George!!!!"

Gays can have unions, raiase puppy dogs and hold hands while they figure out a new diet to lose 30 pounds combined at the supermarket genius.

See....the reason I know this...is because THEY'VE ALREADY DONE IT Genius....LOL!!!

If you think gays marrying is sacrilege they hey....it's your opinion. Big wahoo. I bet there's some fool out there thinking painting an originally midnight blue 1965 Corvette fire eater red is a sacriledge as well....he too needs to get over himself and get some sleep.

LOL!!!
Buttered pancakes

Sacramento, CA

#141950 May 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is the foundational relationship of society. It is the SINGULAR birthplace of every single other relationship that exists!
You have the audacity to equate a sterile relationship to it. Do you understand how idiotic that is?
And you try to force your point with vulgar anger? How old are you?
If marriage is gthe birthplace of anything it might just be divorce.

LOL!!!

It represents a freedom Skippy. A simple freedom or civil right all American citizens shold have.

You'd have to find viable harm in it otherwise and as it is no matter how you hop around and scream like a monkey stepping into a Phoenix parking lot at noon in July your goofy claims it's wrong "because" mean nothing given you can't identify that one element....real harm.

As far as a "Sterile relationship" meaning a married couple that can't have kids you're an idiot. You tell that shit to a couple who are unable to produce little kiddies and I'll bet you walk away with a limp, one eye that won't open for a WEEK and a new set of piano teeth Junior...LOL!!! My wife can't have kids asshat...as much hot sex that comes steaming out of our abode at night I'd hardly call us vanilla, cold, slow, boring or sterile you loon.

"Vulgar anger"???? ROFL - Listen hypocrite...you've been in here telling us all that gays are second class citizens with language not even a drunk street corner preacher wuold use so give it a rest.

And my age?? I could be all of eleven and a HALF and have more shit on the ball than you from what I've witnessed from your batshit crazy rants...LOL!!!!
Buttered pancakes

Sacramento, CA

#141951 May 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is the foundational relationship of society. It is the SINGULAR birthplace of every single other relationship that exists!
You have the audacity to equate a sterile relationship to it. Do you understand how idiotic that is?
And you try to force your point with vulgar anger? How old are you?
And WTF is a 'KiMare'???

Is that what you see when you mix a case of beer with some smooth vodka one night only to smoke a little weed and do no less than 6 lines of fine cocaine when it comes to you in your drug infused dream telling you no matter how much spittle you shoot out in your crazed rants you're the left hand of God????

ROFL!!!!!

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#141952 May 21, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>We are doing okay here, and yes they are! Although three of them are taller than me now. lol
Cool, I wonder if there is a way to keep them from growing up.........our grandchild is getting so big and just becoming this amazing person:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud explosion? (Jun '10) 6 hr Steve 31
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) Fri donaldF895 79
maria catalina ibarra (Feb '16) Aug 24 Chuck E 44
Teri Copley has been arrested and booked for i... Aug 23 Ashley M tells all 6
News Council to offer $50,000 reward for Sylmar shoo... (Oct '10) Aug 22 Pacoima Skater 7
Pit Bull Rescue Tia Torres husband ex-convict a... (Oct '07) Aug 20 NC JULES 593
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... Aug 15 combat veteran 1,973

Winnetka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnetka Mortgages