Give your child the homework help he ...

Give your child the homework help he needs

Posted in the Winnetka Forum

Sarah

Delhi, India

#1 Jun 23, 2008
Did you know that using Vedic math you could actually find the sum of fractions in a jiffy? See for yourself...

½+¾

Just use the simple method known as “VERTICALLY AND CROSSWISE “ in Vedic Math

Cross multiply the numerator of the first fraction with the denominator of the second and in the same manner multiply the denominator of the first with the numerator of the second. Add these and you get the numerator of the answer.

(1 x 4)+( 2 X 3)= 4 + 6 = 10

For the denominator of the answer, simply multiply the denominators of both the fractions :-

2 X 4 = 8

Which means our answer is 10/8

Now, is that simple or not ! I was amazed when my son taught me this method and with such confidence. He learnt it from 24hourstutor.com . He's been taking regular online classes with them and his grades have impressively risen. I suggest that anyone who is having trouble making their children learn should try them out, they are quite reasonable as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnetka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Your Way Tree Service (Aug '14) Jan 16 Boyd Potter 2
News Bizarre 405 Freeway chase leads to arrest of ga... Jan 16 Baldi escapee 4
News 3 Wounded In Canoga Park Gang-Related Shooting (Feb '07) Jan 15 Droopz 435
Pit Bull Rescue Tia Torres husband ex-convict a... (Oct '07) Jan 15 Suzannnelucien 608
News Edwin A. Marin, L.A. Homicide No. 98: Man Found... (May '10) Jan 12 Pet shop boy 16
maria catalina ibarra (Feb '16) Jan 11 afriend 89
News Lynne Westmore Bloom, 81, painted the Pink Lady... Jan 9 Will Dockery 1

Winnetka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winnetka Mortgages