FBI Showing Businesses Photo of Man Possibly Tied to Murphy Case

Aug 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC29

FBI agents are showing pictures of a man to business owners in Charlottesville as part of the Alexis Murphy case.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Dec 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Aug 11, 2013
This feels like a cold fishing trip the FBI is on .

There is no urgency to identify stated person in proximity to Alexis retrived from security cameras..

For obvious reasons .
realitychecker

United States

#2 Aug 12, 2013
RandomThoughts wrote:
This feels like a cold fishing trip the FBI is on .

There is no urgency to identify stated person in proximity to Alexis retrived from security cameras..

For obvious reasons .
I just started following this case. Not too familiar with the area but this case along with past cases has me thinking. Why no sense of urgency? Fill me in
Interesting

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Aug 12, 2013
realitychecker wrote:
<quoted text>
I just started following this case. Not too familiar with the area but this case along with past cases has me thinking. Why no sense of urgency? Fill me in
They were onto this rat from the get go ..... They didn't need any help.... They needed to tie the pieces together and going back on cold cases such as the now revealed ties to another missing girl .

The RT. 29 ties ..... the likeness of Dashad and Alexis ...

One has to wonder if this doesnt help A LOT of families .... and close some wounds.....

This could be the break long been needed .
Interesting

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Aug 12, 2013
I should have added fishing back 20 years maybe .

The likeness is somewhat eery to a 20 year old missing person case.

http://www.queenofpith.com/...
sez you

Richmond, VA

#5 Aug 12, 2013
Maybe dats why the FBI got envolved so fast. Someone there was actually thinking.
realitychecker

Stafford, VA

#6 Aug 12, 2013
Interesting wrote:
I should have added fishing back 20 years maybe .

The likeness is somewhat eery to a 20 year old missing person case.

http://www.queenofpith.com/...
I remember that case. Plus the Morgan Harrington case?
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#7 Aug 12, 2013
realitychecker wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that case. Plus the Morgan Harrington case?
Dashad smith

and the list goes on .

RAT lived in Ruckersville .... remember anything about Ruckersville and a "sighting" .

Take some time and look at the RT.29 area and the cold period... RAT in jail ?

I hope they have ALL resources looking for Alexis .... the rest will fall into place.

This was an outstanding response to the situation .... Moran= NOT SO MUCH hence the results.

Hope is a powerful thing ... This guy referenced a " caravan" or an away place he like to visit ..to get away .

This girl could be alive ....

And how did the car get to the carmike and RAT get home ...????

Though I am at a loss to why the phone was disabled so close to home if he is so well versed to wiggle out of so much .

Rage ?
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Aug 12, 2013
sez you wrote:
Maybe dats why the FBI got envolved so fast. Someone there was actually thinking.
And look at the results !

When they bring in the tools.... they get some work done...

When they bring them out of Quantico..... They were on to something.

The are digging way back .....
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Aug 12, 2013
Ok, I'm confused, they arrested the guy but the girls still missing? Where's the evidence to arrest him? I mean why did they look at him to begin with or are they grasping at straws?
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#10 Aug 13, 2013
@ sez you

The disabled cell phone ping location and Video from the Liberty gas station would be my first guess of putting them in this guys front yard .

Then add his past run ins with missing you girls
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Aug 13, 2013
Does anybody know what make the phone was Alexis carried ?

I should have added that if its an iphone , turning it off DOES NOT DISABLE the iphone and removing the battery takes tools or smashing the phone . The iphone will also ping in " limp mode" after the battery dies for a short period.

LE stated her phone was not active and were searching the opposite side of RT 29 for the last ping.... could have been a false/ghost ping due to the hilly area but it put them close to RT. almost in his front yard .
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#12 Aug 13, 2013
That was quick .

Samsung Galaxy = battery can be removed in seconds.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#14 Aug 13, 2013
I smell a rat here, if the guy did it he should fry, but the arrest seems just too convienent with no details being released. He may have a clouded history but thats not evidence. I don't think they have any.
Alexander Nevermind

Dallas, TX

#15 Aug 13, 2013
Typically when the suspect of a crime in the area is an African-American, the inbreds load Topix up with racist comments and their own brand of whacky stupidity. Now that the suspect appears to be one of their own, I notice how silent they are in this issue.
Who Knows

Lyndhurst, VA

#16 Aug 14, 2013
Alexander Nevermind wrote:
Typically when the suspect of a crime in the area is an African-American, the inbreds load Topix up with racist comments and their own brand of whacky stupidity. Now that the suspect appears to be one of their own, I notice how silent they are in this issue.
Since NBC29 shut down topix comments in July we "inbreds" have had to go to other media comments section to post our outrage over the actions of (gag) "one of our own." No matter the color, this guy is a cretin (no disrespect to persons suffering from the disease cretinism) and I don't know exactly what ethnicity would claim him as "their own."

But nice try at race-baiting!
The Dude

Warrenton, VA

#17 Aug 14, 2013
Who Knows wrote:
<quoted text>Since NBC29 shut down topix comments in July we "inbreds" have had to go to other media comments section to post our outrage over the actions of (gag) "one of our own." No matter the color, this guy is a cretin (no disrespect to persons suffering from the disease cretinism) and I don't know exactly what ethnicity would claim him as "their own."
But nice try at race-baiting!
While their post may indeed be race baiting, they're also very much correct. Had this guy been of Latino decent, there most certainly would be comments about him being an illegal or Mexican. Likewise, there would be "not surprising" and other racist comments had he been black. To state otherwise is disingenuous.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#18 Aug 14, 2013
Alexander Nevermind wrote:
Then just nevermind.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#19 Aug 15, 2013
So the cops rest everything on a hair. Not surprised.
King George

Seymour, IN

#20 Aug 19, 2013
sez you wrote:
So the cops rest everything on a hair. Not surprised.
No, Taylor was one of the last people to speak to 19 yr old Samantha Clarke before she disappeared from Orange, VA in Sept., 2010.
Now, he's been caught on surveillance as the last person to speak with Alexis Murphy before she disappeared.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-teens-abduct...

What a coincidence. How many young girls do you think need disappear after having had contact with this guy, before LE takes him off the street?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#21 Aug 19, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/massies-mill-...

check it out. RAT's burb was spotted up there on the monday after she went missing. not many topix readers in the local forums, but worth a try posting the info there....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wingina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Looking for father elwood "ham" waterfield Jul '14 Lee Waterfield 1
Virginia Summer Solstice Wine Festival Jun '14 Michael Jay 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
New Amherst County Arrests Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
Poplar Grove Sports Baseball, Football, Golf... (May '12) Feb '14 sports fan 26
•••
•••
•••

Wingina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wingina People Search