not surprised

Saint Albans, WV

#22 Nov 10, 2011
yep ryan is his adopted son
Ryan Melton

Huntington, WV

#23 Nov 10, 2011
Hugs not Drugs wrote:
I am personally very happy that Ryan Melton is finally going to get what he deserves for ruining the lives of this community.. I know for a fact Ryan would use even his closest of friends to get whatever he wants.. He destroyed many lives of very good people and I hope the very worst for him.. His dad is Scott Melton that drives the dump trucks and he knew about Ryan's whole operation while it was going on and should of been punished as well as his son and anyone that thinks otherwise is a complete fool.. He got to greedy and to big for his britches and finally got what every drug dealer gets a Felony Conviction.... He did used to be a good guy at one point in his life but Ryan Melton is the true low life for taking advantage of all these people, a whole community with these very addictive pain killers he did nothing but destroy family's and I'm glad it's finally all over for him...
Im glad that I have made your day! Im sure all of those people that were "taken advantage of " are perfectly sober and happy now. For everyone who has been supportive, thanks very much. You guys mean a lot .
Countrygirl

Charleston, WV

#24 Nov 15, 2011
not surprised wrote:
his dad is scotty melton..need i say more.
Is there something wrong with Scott (NOT Scotty) Melton? If your going to start to say something you need to finish it. Not just act like an idiot.
Countrygirl

Charleston, WV

#25 Nov 15, 2011
yuppp wrote:
Ryan isn't a "good hearted person", and selling pills had nothing to do with funding Brandon's dream of "going pro", which wouldn't happen with or without money. Ryan was however, selling pills to keep motovision afloat at first, but then he got more and more wrapped up in it. With money comes the love of money, which is the root of all evil. I hate to see anyone with intelligence and a chance at a future wrapped up in illegal activities, but when they do things to get themselves in trouble they should be punished just like every other lowlife.
If Ryan Melton isn't a "good hearted" person then who is? As for you bringing up Brandon and going pro to me you seem very jealous that your not as good of a racer or person he is. As for the reasons this happened none of us have a clue why he made that mistake except for him. Everybody loves money,does that make everyone evil?
not surprised

Saint Albans, WV

#26 Nov 17, 2011
thats the one
no one wins

Ridgeview, WV

#27 Nov 20, 2011
I never cease to be amazed at the peoples ability to rationalize all kinds of human behavior. For the record, purchasing large quantities of prescription drugs and transporting them up the east coast is called drug trafficking. Doing this and selling them is a illegal and a criminal act. Many criminals have glowing, manipulative personalities thus their tendency to perform criminal acts. Yes, lots of people in this world make bad decisions. US prisons are full of wonderful felons that had every good reason in the book for making their “bad decisions”. By the entries made, apparently no one was effected and everyone is “sober and happy” and Ryan is such a martyr for trying to help his poor little brother meet his potential. Please spare me this kind of ludicrous thought process. Racing all over the country is not a basic need for survival. It is a ‘want’, just like all the motivation people have to sell drugs for profit. I ‘want’ an easy way to make lots of non taxable income to provide me the lifestyle I feel I am ‘entitled’ too.
G|_|E$$ \/\/H<>?

Ridgeview, WV

#28 Nov 22, 2011
no one wins wrote:
I never cease to be amazed at the peoples ability to rationalize all kinds of human behavior. For the record, purchasing large quantities of prescription drugs and transporting them up the east coast is called drug trafficking. Doing this and selling them is a illegal and a criminal act. Many criminals have glowing, manipulative personalities thus their tendency to perform criminal acts. Yes, lots of people in this world make bad decisions. US prisons are full of wonderful felons that had every good reason in the book for making their “bad decisions”. By the entries made, apparently no one was effected and everyone is “sober and happy” and Ryan is such a martyr for trying to help his poor little brother meet his potential. Please spare me this kind of ludicrous thought process. Racing all over the country is not a basic need for survival. It is a ‘want’, just like all the motivation people have to sell drugs for profit. I ‘want’ an easy way to make lots of non taxable income to provide me the lifestyle I feel I am ‘entitled’ too.
Wheres the 'like' button? Oh well. I like this.
greek kid

United States

#29 Nov 23, 2011
Hell if I had his Hook ups id have balled too
another outlook

Hurricane, WV

#30 Nov 27, 2011
Just take a minute to consider the fact that Ryan was raised in an environment that encouraged his choices in life. It was instilled in him from a very young age that he and his family were far superior to any of the people around them. And that having material items, shows people your worth. This could be done at any cost and any means. There were few consistent positive influences in Ryans life since people are only included as “ friends” as long as they were providing a gain. And the skill of manipulation is a valuable skill in this world. He was set up from the ‘get go’ to follow this path of self destruction. Those that were supposed to be providing him guidance in life were too busy living in their own fantasy world of racing, boyfriends, girlfriends, vacations and expensive toys and pretending to be “big money”. The “bad situation” previously commented about, I believe refers to when reality came crashing in and the debt collectors came calling and the silver spoon was ripped from his mouth. Its actually very interesting to see how things turning out and yet still people continue to attempt to live the fantasy. There comes a time in life when people should look in a mirror and say “maybe it is me”
ok

Charleston, WV

#31 Nov 27, 2011
another outlook wrote:
Just take a minute to consider the fact that Ryan was raised in an environment that encouraged his choices in life. It was instilled in him from a very young age that he and his family were far superior to any of the people around them. And that having material items, shows people your worth. This could be done at any cost and any means. There were few consistent positive influences in Ryans life since people are only included as “ friends” as long as they were providing a gain. And the skill of manipulation is a valuable skill in this world. He was set up from the ‘get go’ to follow this path of self destruction. Those that were supposed to be providing him guidance in life were too busy living in their own fantasy world of racing, boyfriends, girlfriends, vacations and expensive toys and pretending to be “big money”. The “bad situation” previously commented about, I believe refers to when reality came crashing in and the debt collectors came calling and the silver spoon was ripped from his mouth. Its actually very interesting to see how things turning out and yet still people continue to attempt to live the fantasy. There comes a time in life when people should look in a mirror and say “maybe it is me”
. How do you know anything about his life and how he was raised? Who are you to judge? Seems like he has looked in the mirror and taken responsibility for his actions and will be paying the price.
Ryan Melton

Charleston, WV

#32 Nov 27, 2011
another outlook wrote:
Makes me happy to know someone has spent so much time observing and analyzing my life. I nominate you for president of my fan club.

Appreciate the rest of you guys.
1 post removed
up ur

United States

#34 Nov 30, 2011
youth wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have no education.
um bro education has nothing to do with this conversation. At the end of the day ur pissed cuz u weren't makin money and he was... U jus need to sit down and b quiet. Ur not good enough.
haha

Ardsley, NY

#35 Dec 1, 2011
up ur wrote:
<quoted text> um bro education has nothing to do with this conversation. At the end of the day ur pissed cuz u weren't makin money and he was... U jus need to sit down and b quiet. Ur not good enough.
Yea well I do make the Money bc I have a very good paying job I got bc of my education. I am good enough. But the difference between us is while I earn my money and enjoy it he will be setting behind bars... was it worth the money?
townprior

Charleston, WV

#36 Dec 5, 2011
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Yea well I do make the Money bc I have a very good paying job I got bc of my education. I am good enough. But the difference between us is while I earn my money and enjoy it he will be setting behind bars... was it worth the money?
You're a idiot. You really think this dude is gonna do a lot of time IF any? First offense drug charge? Yea right
parent

Hurricane, WV

#37 Jan 29, 2012
My child was affected by Ryan's actions. I am not saying he forced my child to buy his drugs but if at any time Ryan you believe you are justified in your actions for any reason, you are very mistaken. Also, you can't blame his behavior on his family. He was old enough to know what he was doing was wrong. Good kids come from bad parents and bad kids come from good parents. That is because once they reach an age where they know right from wrong, it is their choice.

I know that what was in the paper was only what you were willing to confess to and not the whole truth. You made a deal. You provided information and they gave you a break. We all know you sold drugs a lot longer than noted and in large quantities. As noted in the first comments, you helped ruin a lot of lives. You cost families a lot of money. Not only the in personal items found in your home where you lived with your family but in the cost of trying to rehab family to get off the drugs you continued to supply them. You didn't get everything you deserved. I am not sure what I would have given you if it had been my decision but sure what you got was not enough.
Rumors

Bluefield, WV

#38 Feb 1, 2012
WoW...I just found this! I had no idea he was in trouble for anything! I went to school with him and YES he is a very nice guy! Apparently he made a bad decision, but that doesn't make him a bad person! Everyone makes mistakes...but he will have to pay for what he's done. I don't see the need for people to go to this extent to talk trash about him. Apparently you didn't know him very well!
parent

Hurricane, WV

#39 Feb 2, 2012
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be judged by how we were when we were kids.
itsallabout24

Charleston, WV

#40 Feb 2, 2012
you're so fast to blame other people because you cant keep your kids off drugs? You think the drug war is going to do ANYTHING? Its the most failed war in history. Where there is a demand, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A SUPPLY. this dude stops selling them, two more will step in to fill his place.

But yea lets keep wasting the taxpayer money on prosecuting people when we should be EDUCATING society and punishing the USER just as much. I dont know who you're talking about, but you're pathetic to blame the drug dealer for the drug users decisions.
yessir

Itmann, WV

#41 Feb 2, 2012
itsallabout24 wrote:
you're so fast to blame other people because you cant keep your kids off drugs? You think the drug war is going to do ANYTHING? Its the most failed war in history. Where there is a demand, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A SUPPLY. this dude stops selling them, two more will step in to fill his place.

But yea lets keep wasting the taxpayer money on prosecuting people when we should be EDUCATING society and punishing the USER just as much. I dont know who you're talking about, but you're pathetic to blame the drug dealer for the drug users decisions.
Amen! You hit the nail on the head completely!
parent

Hurricane, WV

#42 Feb 3, 2012
I think both are to blame. The punishment my child has is every day they pray they won't use again. That doesn't go away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 min YIM 1,591
Fonda Burris 19 min Kelly 1
D.J Eads 1 hr curious girl 1
Nicholas Null 5 hr Nick the Dick 15
Winfield School Traffic? 23 hr fairies 12
Brad Phillips Mon Jinkx 3
Savanna Winkler? Aug 26 James 1

Winfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance