Should Winfield Police Chief Harrison...

Should Winfield Police Chief Harrison Lucas resign?

Created by shoefissure on Feb 1, 2012

79 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
not hardly

Winfield, WV

#1 Feb 1, 2012
Why should the chief resign? His son is the one that posted his thoughts on Facebook not the chief. I'm sure he has taken care of it the best way he could as a father. I'm sure since he is also a pastor that it has been hard on him to hear all of things that have transpired.
huh?

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Feb 1, 2012
A pastor ?? And his son talking like that?
Answer

Hansford, WV

#3 Feb 2, 2012
Yes
1 post removed
84hut

Leivasy, WV

#5 Feb 2, 2012
yes
pastor where

Charleston, WV

#6 Feb 2, 2012
not hardly wrote:
Why should the chief resign? His son is the one that posted his thoughts on Facebook not the chief. I'm sure he has taken care of it the best way he could as a father. I'm sure since he is also a pastor that it has been hard on him to hear all of things that have transpired.
Please tell me where so I don't happen into that church by mistake.
1 post removed
Me Too

Ridgeview, WV

#8 Feb 2, 2012
not hardly wrote:
The problem has been there long before he posted his " thoughts " on FB the other day. The history on his FB speaks in numbers that he answers to no one. When you can't control your own kid and you provide no punishment and supply his home, internet, electric, and electronics to be a cruel person to others - classmates, girlfriends, family ect. I sure as hell don't want him having any control over mine.
dont worry

Poca, WV

#9 Feb 2, 2012
I would like to know if this chief has done his job as a police officer. Were there complaints about his performance as an officer before, how were his evaluations he received on the job?
citizen

United States

#10 Feb 6, 2012
Harrison Lucas was fired from the city of Winfield, WV on Monday February 6th, 2012 at an unknown time by Mayor Randy Barnett citing "personnel reasons.

-source (wowktv)
please

Poca, WV

#11 Feb 7, 2012
wow is all I can say. I would like to know the reason he was fired! I really hope it wasn't over this comment his son made even though he was wrong for saying it. Its a sad day when you could be fired for something family writes on facebook or as some of the public views it as lack of parenting skills.
Shut up

United States

#12 Feb 7, 2012
please wrote:
wow is all I can say. I would like to know the reason he was fired! I really hope it wasn't over this comment his son made even though he was wrong for saying it. Its a sad day when you could be fired for something family writes on facebook or as some of the public views it as lack of parenting skills.
You need to get your facts straight before you start talking crap. The mayor did it for a reason and it wasn't over his son. So get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

TroyS

“God Bless Putnam Co”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 7, 2012
please wrote:
I agree to an extent... but it really doesnt look good to have the Police Chief of your town housing one the high schools biggest drug dealers.

I figure the Winfield Parent Mafia put pressure on the Mayor.
Valerie

Winfield, WV

#14 Feb 7, 2012
I personally cannot believe what I'm reading........I hope everyone's child is perfect; I hope everyone's child never disappoints them; I hope they never do anything wrong! You all have judged enough and to say that about his church is highly disappointing.....woa, thought we weren't supposed to judge and help those in need or trouble? I thought that was Christian. I'd like to see his personel file to see how he was before his KID put something on FACEBOOK! This is absolutely so dissappointing.........I'm in total disbelief. Sorry Officer Lucas!
I agree to

United States

#15 Feb 7, 2012
TroyS wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to an extent... but it really doesnt look good to have the Police Chief of your town housing one the high schools biggest drug dealers.
I figure the Winfield Parent Mafia put pressure on the Mayor.
He is one of the biggest drug dealers in Winfield. He was on probation for awhile.
Seriously

United States

#16 Feb 7, 2012
I surely hope there's more to this firing than what his child posted on Facebook. Isn't he 16? So, a 16 year old is the biggest drug dealer in Winfield? And you ALL know this?? How many of you "in the know" have contacted the County Sheriff or State Police over this criminal? It sounds like a lot of gossipy old women on here with nothing better to do than spew junk. Yes, what he posted was beyond offensive. I notice he hasn't posted since that day. Maybe someone took away his computer? I do hope all of you have perfect children and are never judged by their actions if they aren't. I absolutely believe this man needs to parent his child. To lose your job for this is irresponsible. My hope is that someone releases a REAL reason for this action. This is sad.

TroyS

“God Bless Putnam Co”

Location hidden

#17 Feb 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
I surely hope there's more to this firing than what his child posted on Facebook. Isn't he 16? So, a 16 year old is the biggest drug dealer in Winfield? And you ALL know this?? How many of you "in the know" have contacted the County Sheriff or State Police over this criminal? It sounds like a lot of gossipy old women on here with nothing better to do than spew junk. Yes, what he posted was beyond offensive. I notice he hasn't posted since that day. Maybe someone took away his computer? I do hope all of you have perfect children and are never judged by their actions if they aren't. I absolutely believe this man needs to parent his child. To lose your job for this is irresponsible. My hope is that someone releases a REAL reason for this action. This is sad.
He's 18 and some of us have kids who go to school with the drug dealer.
Seriously

United States

#18 Feb 7, 2012
TroyS wrote:
<quoted text>
He's 18 and some of us have kids who go to school with the drug dealer.
So, you didn't answer the question, TroyS in the know. How often have you contacted the authorities about this crimjnal? I would presume, as a parent concerned about your own childs saftety and well-being, that you've taken the neceasary steps with the school, Sheriff, and State Police to have thia threat to your child removed? I mean, you obviously have evidence of this since you're stating it on a public forum. My assumption, if you have not, is that you are neglecting your own child and the saftey of all of the children in that school. That would be shameful. Maybe you should lose your job?
dougc

United States

#19 Feb 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>So, you didn't answer the question, TroyS in the know. How often have you contacted the authorities about this crimjnal? I would presume, as a parent concerned about your own childs saftety and well-being, that you've taken the neceasary steps with the school, Sheriff, and State Police to have thia threat to your child removed? I mean, you obviously have evidence of this since you're stating it on a public forum. My assumption, if you have not, is that you are neglecting your own child and the saftey of all of the children in that school. That would be shameful. Maybe you should lose your job?
I live in the neighborhood. The kid is trouble! He openly does drugs and his police chief father does not stop it. He is a "go to" person if you need a hook up for pot or some pills!
Honey don't assume.... Winfield is a small little town and it doesn't take much for word to get around.
Especially on the high school gossip front.
I hope his firing wasn't related to his son, but you can't help but wonder if he has problems handling his son, he will have bigger problems handling the riff raff in Winfield.

TroyS

“God Bless Putnam Co”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you didn't answer the question, TroyS in the know. How often have you contacted the authorities about this crimjnal? I would presume, as a parent concerned about your own childs saftety and well-being, that you've taken the neceasary steps with the school, Sheriff, and State Police to have thia threat to your child removed? I mean, you obviously have evidence of this since you're stating it on a public forum. My assumption, if you have not, is that you are neglecting your own child and the saftey of all of the children in that school. That would be shameful. Maybe you should lose your job?
read his comments on his Facebook page.

No. I never have nor will I ever contact law enforcement of any type, EVER!
Seriously

Charleston, WV

#21 Feb 7, 2012
dougc wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the neighborhood. The kid is trouble! He openly does drugs and his police chief father does not stop it. He is a "go to" person if you need a hook up for pot or some pills!
Honey don't assume.... Winfield is a small little town and it doesn't take much for word to get around.
Especially on the high school gossip front.
I hope his firing wasn't related to his son, but you can't help but wonder if he has problems handling his son, he will have bigger problems handling the riff raff in Winfield.
I went to Winfield. I know the town. I'm not someone speaking from 3,000 miles away or something. I've heard this man has another son that is a good kid. Is that true? I also know families that have say... 5 kids. 4 will turn out great and one just is uncontrollable. That makes them a bad parent? Does that make him a bad police officer? Really?
Also, based on the information above this man is 18. I would presume each of you could definitely contact the County and State authorities since he's an adult. Do it.
Seriously

Charleston, WV

#22 Feb 7, 2012
TroyS wrote:
<quoted text>
read his comments on his Facebook page.
No. I never have nor will I ever contact law enforcement of any type, EVER!
Isn't that negligent? You're talking a big game but putting no bite behind your words. He's an adult. Make your neighborhood safe!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian brace 2 min Tom Clark 4
metal building erectors (Mar '16) 2 hr Uknow 12
Nichole 3 hr Tom Clark 5
TMMWV Sit Down 3 hr whatever 14
Daniel W. 5 hr Lookingoutforfam 6
Tammy Jo Bailey 8 hr MommaBear 4
Melissa Barnes 10 hr Just Saying 3

Winfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance