Police chase across three counties ends in fatal shooting

There are 20 comments on the Jul 20, 2012, Charleston Gazette story titled Police chase across three counties ends in fatal shooting. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Police opened fire and shot and killed a man early Friday morning, after he led police from several agencies on a police chase across at least three counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
fireman

New York, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2012
It should have ended long before it did.
Thought Police

Parkersburg, WV

#2 Jul 20, 2012
The cops seem to love murdering people. I guess it is a lot easier than apprehending them and actually doing their job for once. Murder is murder, no matter how you try to justify it. Regardless of the circumstances you still took another person's life, and I hope that you will eventually have to answer for that.
another view

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 20, 2012
Thought Police wrote:
The cops seem to love murdering people. I guess it is a lot easier than apprehending them and actually doing their job for once. Murder is murder, no matter how you try to justify it. Regardless of the circumstances you still took another person's life, and I hope that you will eventually have to answer for that.
I'm certain that your opinion of police officers would be different if YOUR life were in danger. It's so typical of people like you to be critical of law enforcement until you or a family member are in danger, then you scream that they weren't there quickly enough to protect your sorry ass. Why don't you post your name so they can take note of who it is in the community that has such a low opinion of them, and maybe ignore your pitiful request for assistance someday.
butchie79

Southfield, MI

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Where was "the chief" in all of this? Oh, I forgot...WE DON'T HAVE ONE! This is sure going to look good and go well for Nitro. High speed chases ought to be outlawed! Someone almost always ends up dead!
Who knew

New York, NY

#5 Jul 20, 2012
Oh yes, jack Jordan would have stopped that guy right in his tracks! Poor nitro!
Who knew

New York, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2012
You know, if jack Jordan was still chief of police in nitro, that wacko in aurora, Colorado never would have been able to kill and injure all of those people either! Let's get him back in there, he rules the world and stops crime in its tracks worldwide.
Who knew

New York, NY

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Quick, get his cape dry cleaned, he has work to do!
Keystone Murdering Cops

Charleston, WV

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Well. Stupid cops kill another person for sport.

It's a wonder they didn't kill a few motorists or pedestrians while they were at it.
Keystone Murdering Cops

Charleston, WV

#9 Jul 20, 2012
another view wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain that your opinion of police officers would be different if YOUR life were in danger. It's so typical of people like you to be critical of law enforcement until you or a family member are in danger, then you scream that they weren't there quickly enough to protect your sorry ass. Why don't you post your name so they can take note of who it is in the community that has such a low opinion of them, and maybe ignore your pitiful request for assistance someday.
You're a moron. Those cops killed that guy because they could. The put the public in harms way by pursuing that guy when all they had to do was pick him up on a warrant.

Maybe you would feel differently if those stupid cops had caused a wreck that killed someone you loved. Or maybe one day some stupid cop will shoot you if you make a wrong move or maybe they will accidentally shoot another cop like they did that guy they killed a few years back.

You give any stupid moron a badge and a gun and uniform and this is what happens.
another view

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 20, 2012
Keystone Murdering Cops wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron. Those cops killed that guy because they could. The put the public in harms way by pursuing that guy when all they had to do was pick him up on a warrant.
Maybe you would feel differently if those stupid cops had caused a wreck that killed someone you loved. Or maybe one day some stupid cop will shoot you if you make a wrong move or maybe they will accidentally shoot another cop like they did that guy they killed a few years back.
You give any stupid moron a badge and a gun and uniform and this is what happens.
Let's not reduce this to name calling...not all cops are morons, although some I'm certain enjoy the power that the badge gives them. Until the details of this are all released, I think it's premature to issue a blanket judgement.
Keystone Murdering Cops

Charleston, WV

#11 Jul 20, 2012
another view wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not reduce this to name calling...not all cops are morons, although some I'm certain enjoy the power that the badge gives them. Until the details of this are all released, I think it's premature to issue a blanket judgement.
I apologize. That was uncalled for.

You're right.
smh

United States

#12 Jul 20, 2012
They did try to apprehend him. They tazed him twice and he acted like he was reaching for something and got shot up. The police did what they could. Maybe if you were in their position you'd feel differently about it. In my opinion if he was tazed twice and he was able to keep on he was most likely on something

And yes, I'm sure their were some mistakes mad but you can't do everything by the book 24/7 365. Nobodys perfect but I think some of you people should be more considerate
lol

Crozet, VA

#13 Jul 20, 2012
another view wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you.
Laughs first laughs last

Lodi, OH

#14 Jul 20, 2012
Well Casebolt and his cronies shouldn't have been tooting their horns so quickly.
Tarah

Danielson, CT

#15 Jul 20, 2012
People never cease to amaze me.. If the cops wouldve just let the guy go and continue driving like a mad person and wrecked and killed, lets say a family of 4 traveling home from vacation, well this thread would say why didnt they do more blah blah blah! I am not a huge fan of how our law enforcement handle ALL issues, however when they are doing their jobs and they react to a situation like this i surely wouldnt be pointing any fingers and making judgement calls when you dont know what actually happened out there!
mdk

Danville, WV

#16 Jul 20, 2012
Pigs hate to run!!!
kross

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Jul 20, 2012
another view wrote:
<quoted text>
very well put
1 post removed
kevin

Milton, WV

#19 Jul 21, 2012
the police are out of control. looks like their federal training programs are working...when in doubt shoot the bad guy.

Welcome to the United States of North Korea.
c.pratt

New York, NY

#20 Jul 21, 2012
If jack Jordan was around there would be no war, poverty, or suffering.
No mega robots stalking children, no death.
Laughs first laughs last

Lodi, OH

#21 Jul 21, 2012
They are crime fighters now under the new mayor's helm. What happened? They fell apart!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
absten & sons (Aug '11) 1 hr kay 12
Tmmwv bonus 6 hr Tmmwv 31
samantha garrison (Oct '12) 7 hr Anonymous 12
Charlie "Guy" Baldwin (Jul '14) 12 hr UnderTheTable 16
where is chuck sanders (Jan '13) 13 hr phs 4
News Woman seeks help to clean up Putnam cemetery (May '13) 18 hr peppys mom 155
Winfield police writing tickets in cross lanes? Apr 22 n 13
More from around the web

Winfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]