A job for Jim McKay in the Casebolt A...

A job for Jim McKay in the Casebolt Administration...

Posted in the Winfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 24, 2012
I heard Bill Javins talking with someone. He was stating that Jim McKay was going to be offered a job with the city by Dave Casebolt.

What is this. Cronyism at its finest. Don Karnes would be so proud.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Location hidden

#2 Jun 25, 2012
I head that Dave has promised Jim a job also. But not sure what job that is.

He is not qualified to be a police chief. The only position the Mayor can appoint is the Public Works Director. That position is currently held by A.J. Hill. A veteran in the public works department.

If this is the position Dave is thinking of putting Jim in there will be a problem as he has no public works experience. The only experience Jim McKay has is his sales position at Big Sandy Furniture.

Would this be cronyism? Could this be an ethics issue for Casebolt.
Victoria Coakley

Greenwich, OH

#3 Jun 25, 2012
Casebolt was an ethics issue before he was voted into office.

It was vengeance How sad to distroy a community.

Location hidden

#4 Jun 26, 2012
I heard again today that this is true.

What a joke.

Location hidden

#5 Jun 26, 2012
Heard Jim McKay lost his job at Big Sandy and is now working part time at Walmart.

Looks like Dave Casebolt is going to try and take care of Jim McKay.

But what experience does he have to hold any position that would be allowed for appointment by the Mayor? Because he has no education past high school. No real business or office experience. A salesman at Big Sandy and now a part time Walmart worker and soon who knows with the City of Nitro.

Dave Casebolt we are watching. Are you going to be abusing your authority by hiring your friend who lost the position of city recorder? Again, we are watching Dave.
Dilbert

Nitro, WV

#6 Jun 26, 2012
What kind of experience would you expect someone to have? What is the pay scale for a city employee? Do you really need an education to be successful? Why would someone with a college education what an hourly or salary position with such a small city? Why would anyone want to work for a city with so many people that are so negative? Like you!!!

FYI- My name is may name, I have been a resident of the city of Nitro for 52 years, so pleas don't say I'm someone changing my name to respond to your negativity.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Well Dilbert that is very gracious of you. But what do you call a Mayor who comes in and starts either replacing city employee's who have been doing a job for the city so he can appoint or give his political buddy a job.

I will tell you what I call that. I call that cronyism at its finest. And that is what we can expect from a man like Dave Casebolt.

What position will he be giving to Jim McKay. The position of the public works director. That is the only existing job where an appointment can be given. Is he going to create a new position. If so that will have to be posted for current employees to bid on and then bid in then newspaper for the public to also bid if no city employee bids on the job.

And I can assure you if it gets to the public and newspaper bid for job. That Jim McKay will not have the resume to beat all that will apply.

But who will get the job.

There is already a witness who has heard a current councilmen telling Jim McKay that, "He will be covered for the next 4 years." and asked him, "do you think you can handle the job."

This is also on its face an ethical issue. So I can assure you if it comes to it and Jim McKay is given a job. An Ethics complaint will be filed with the name of the person who overheard the councilmen and the name of the councilman who told Jim McKay he would be covered for the next four years.

Already not even sworn into office and breaking the ethical code of his office.

Just like another Mayor in the Valley Roger Wolfe. I also predict Dave Casebolt will end up the same way Roger Wolfe did.
Dilbert

Nitro, WV

#8 Jun 26, 2012
sounds like you have too much time on your hands, your on a lot of posts bashing the new mayor.

If your so darn concerned why don't you run for mayor? You seem to have all the answers!!!!

God Bless.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 26, 2012
Dilbert more people than you think agree with Doover.

Dave Casebolt will be leading Nitro into the abyss.
Dilbert

Nitro, WV

#10 Jun 26, 2012
I beleive in the power of prayer, I will pray those elected will make the right decision for the people of Nitro.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 26, 2012
You can pray Dilbert. But prayer hasn't helped us yet. And we are about to be sold out again.

Dave Casebolt is a small minded mine who has a much to high opinion of himself.

Some would call it little man syndrome.
not clueless

Ardsley, NY

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Wow. I heard that all of your speculations, assumptions, and claims are all wrong. Just the same people trying to start trouble, and too afraid to go straight to the person, themselves. Must be difficult to sit behind your computer all day and talk trash about people you don't even know. Sounds like a pathetic, purposeless life to me. Have a good day. :)

Location hidden

#13 Jun 26, 2012
Wow how quickly you forget "not clueless". The same can be said for all the Jordan Bashers who supported Dave Casebolt.

Now that the tables are turning you people just need to really get a grip.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 27, 2012
I heard Jim McKay sold televisions at Big Sandy. That he is no longer working there now but working part time at Walmart.

Why would a family man leave a job (if he wasn't terminated) that is full time to work part time at a Walmart.

And Dave Casebolt thinks this is the best he can do for Nitro.
!!!!!!!!!

Ardsley, NY

#15 Jun 27, 2012
He still works for Big Sandy!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#16 Jun 27, 2012
So he doesn't work part time at Walmart?
!!!!!!!!!

Ardsley, NY

#17 Jun 27, 2012
He does not work for Walmart !!!!!! The person posting THINKS they know things.....all you have to do is call and ask him.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 27, 2012
I did hear this third hand. Just goes to show that information can be so distorted.

If this is so wrong can you imagine the distortion about Chief Jordan and his family.
!!!!!!!!!

Ardsley, NY

#19 Jun 27, 2012
You got that right!!!!!
Victoria Coakley

Powell, OH

#20 Jun 27, 2012
Thats one of Casebolts cronies? Well I thought small man would associate himself with a higher class but than again, Young supported him. Enough said in that regard. Lol

Birds of feathers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two people missing in St. Albans (Dec '16) 26 min Sad 33
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Why 4,491
What happen to karma 3 hr Karmacomesaround 78
Voting for Mayor of Eleanor? 4 hr Voter 2
Virgil Dawson 4 hr Apache 1
Karin-Stutler-Roberts-Losh-french 12 hr Chelsea 2
ambers kitchen Thu general 1

Winfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Winfield Mortgages