Putnam nursing home sued

Jun 9, 2011 Full story: Charleston Gazette 11

WINFIELD, W.Va. -- A Putnam County nursing home is accused of injuring and mistreating an elderly resident in a lawsuit filed this week in Putnam Circuit Court.

Read more
DDubz

Poca, WV

#1 Jun 11, 2011
That place is a JOKE!! Not only do they treat their patients poorly they also treat their employees just as bad. My Wife worked their for 5 years and things were great up until this past year. She says they have Mice running around in patients rooms and all over the place.They are so under staffed and it takes nurses for ever to respond to patients calls or either they just don't care. A few of the RNs their only care about getting the Housekeepers fired more then they care about caring for the Patients there.
worked in nursing homes

Winfield, WV

#2 Jun 11, 2011
I have worked in several nursing homes and ALL of them are under staffed. I have not worked at this one. If there is an issue with patient care or environmental issues, you should contact the state and they WILL investigate the complaint.
fuzzyfur2011

Coal Center, PA

#3 Jun 12, 2011
what Nursing home are you all talking about, is it the one on North Popular fork road.
DDubz

United States

#4 Jun 15, 2011
Yes its the home at N Popular Fork Rd and the state is there all the time in fact my Wife was there when the Gentleman fell out of his wheelchair and the state almost shut them down then. I hate to see. people lose there jobs but this place needs to be straightened up or shut down
fuzzyfur2011

Coal Center, PA

#5 Jun 15, 2011
i know what you mean, I use to work there yrs ago, hated it, the nurses would take pills from the residents and take them there self, i hated it.
Curious george

Charleston, WV

#6 Jun 24, 2011
fuzzyfur2011 wrote:
i know what you mean, I use to work there yrs ago, hated it, the nurses would take pills from the residents and take them there self, i hated it.
Did u report it? Just wondering. It seems nobody at all cares about people in nursing homes especially the state. Being understaffed is not a valid reason to neglect someone. It's administrations fault.

Since: Jul 11

Columbiana, OH

#7 Aug 15, 2011
My father is a resident there and yes he is one who had mice crawling in the bed with him and he is paralyzed from the neck down.. yes his room was nasty.. and yes I called everyone I could... they did finally remodel his room but as for the care he gets it is awful.. and I can tell you the administration does not care at all about the residents there!!!!
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#8 Aug 18, 2011
Nursing homes is an up and coming investment by doctors.

IMO: Alsheimers and dementia are caused by psychtropic drugs, anti- depressants and Statin Drugs.
Curious

Hewett, WV

#9 Aug 21, 2011
loloh wrote:
My father is a resident there and yes he is one who had mice crawling in the bed with him and he is paralyzed from the neck down.. yes his room was nasty.. and yes I called everyone I could... they did finally remodel his room but as for the care he gets it is awful.. and I can tell you the administration does not care at all about the residents there!!!!
Then why is he still there?? Why havent you moved him to another facility??
Anony

Culloden, WV

#10 Jun 2, 2012
I had to bring in a PA to diagnose my grandma of a problem, which ultimately led to her death. Had it been caught sooner, it could have been treated. :(
Daughter of Patient

Charleston, WV

#11 Jun 2, 2012
My mother was a patient there for rehab and received a severe cut on her leg from a wheelchair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
david darby 1 hr n 1
Attractive Ladies in the SA area 2 hr Amazed 2
Joshua Lee Kidd & Paige Walsh 2 hr Sad 34
WHS Football Mon Gen fan 1
grumpys (Aug '14) Mar 22 cantbestopped 8
Mendy Setliff (Jan '12) Mar 19 truth 16
brooks Mar 18 Mark 13
Winfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web