Search For Missing Blues Guitarist Co...

Search For Missing Blues Guitarist Continues

There are 177 comments on the cbs2chicago.com story from Feb 27, 2007, titled Search For Missing Blues Guitarist Continues. In it, cbs2chicago.com reports that:

Authorities were searching for a St. Charles blues guitarist who hasn't been seen since Friday.John Spira's family said his unexplained disappearance is unusual, as he is rarely out of touch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs2chicago.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Leslie Spira

Nogales, AZ

#1 Feb 28, 2007
If any one has any information regarding the whereabouts of John Spira please come forward,(even if you feel the information is insignificant).
He is a very beloved member of the Spira family and we are terrified at his disappearance.
Thank you
Leslie G. Spira
lspira@ameritech.net
dee

Palos Hills, IL

#2 Feb 28, 2007
to the family of john spira, i am praying for the safe return of john. i dont know him, but could imagine what you all are going through, hope he comes home to you soon.
Kevin

Eden Prairie, MN

#3 Mar 1, 2007
I am a friend of John's through my sister-in-law Maritza. He is a very good man with a great sense of humor and fun-loving heart. Our prayer's are with John and his family. PS: I love his 9second Nova and listening to his band at the Satisfied Frog.
John

United States

#4 Mar 1, 2007
I know John through a mutual friend, &, later, through my business. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

mwsaltman@msn.com
Michelle

United States

#5 Mar 2, 2007
I was young when I met John, he lived next door to my family for a couple years. My prayers are with him and his family.
Mike

Stockton, CA

#6 Mar 2, 2007
I used to work for John at Creative Bath Surfaces. He is a good man. He was always fair and honest to me. I pray he is safe.
katie

Shorewood, IL

#7 Mar 2, 2007
My dad plays with John in the rabblerousers. Johnny, where are you? We are all going to search for you tomorrow! We are all praying for your safe return! John is such a nice friend!
Jeff

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2007
I have known John Spira and the entire Spira family for the better part of 25 years. John is a terrific guy and one of the nicest guys to be around. The fact that he is missing is absolutely heart wrenching and almost too much to bear.

I pray for your safe return "Chicago Johnny".

To the Spira family, our prayers are with you at all times.

Jeff
Crystal Lake, IL.
Debe Welch

Mount Prospect, IL

#9 Mar 3, 2007
We know John from Brian's Charhouse when my band plays there. He's a super nice guy. We all feel sick about this news and pray he's ok.
Stephanie McNeil

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 4, 2007
I am John's sister and just want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers and please just keep the word out there. Someone, somewhere knows something. Email and internet are powerful tools so please just keep emailing! We have to find John.
Kevin Rutkowski

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 4, 2007
I know John through my girlfriend who is a very good friend of John's. I feel for his sister Stephanie and his brother Tom. I heard nothing but great things about John. I agree I'm worried too it just doesn't add up. Linda did some investigating on her own. She found out that there is a 26 year old man missing from Maple Park since January 28th. 5'8 178 lbs. There is a picture of him in some news articles. He was last seen leaving his parents Tavern they own. He was call ing friends for a ride home. His discription his similar to John's. Has the authorities compared the two instances. His parents also own a construction company. I feel bad knowing this was a great guy and totally out of context for him just to take off. If there is anything I can do for you Tom, and Stephanie please let me know my address is included. kevinjr3@hotmail.com
God Bless,
Kevin Rutkowski
Richard Scott

Lisle, IL

#12 Mar 5, 2007
I used to work for John, and was shocked to hear he was missing, If there is anything Marybeth and myself can do to help, please let us know.
Mark Baier

Glen Ellyn, IL

#13 Mar 5, 2007
John is a customer and a blues playing friend..What a sad shocking thing this is! I pray that he will be found safe. If there's anything I can do to help, please contact me sambisbee@sbcglobal.net
Lisa Mayer

Buffalo, NY

#14 Mar 6, 2007
I have been John's step-daughter for the last 14 years. He is one of the most awesome people I know. Our family here in Buffalo, NY always looked so forward to his visits. We always felt blessed to have him as part of our family. I am praying for his safe return constantly. To the Spira family - please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do. I love you Papa John.
blisaann@aol.com
Keith Uelsmann

Downers Grove, IL

#15 Mar 6, 2007
Your brother is both my neighbor and a personal friend. My family and I pray for his safe return.
Keith.Uelsmann@sbcglobal.net
Leslie Spira wrote:
If any one has any information regarding the whereabouts of John Spira please come forward,(even if you feel the information is insignificant).
He is a very beloved member of the Spira family and we are terrified at his disappearance.
Thank you
Leslie G. Spira
lspira@ameritech.net
Stephanie McNeil

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 6, 2007
Please come to our candlelight vigil for John on Sat. March 10th at 6:00 p.m. It will be at Brian's Char House near the corner of North Avenue and County Farm Rd., in West Chicago. And thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers and offers of help. Stephanie
Kevin and Karla Traver

Eden Prairie, MN

#17 Mar 7, 2007
My wife and I will be there to show our support for the search. I also have some friends that are coming that have only met him once or not at all but want to help. I cannot get over the fact that we have no answers at all, its very frustrating. Just a few weeks ago he was over at our place playing darts with us and chasing the dog all over the place.
He is in our hearts and prayers.
Kevin and Karla
Carol Stream, IL
kevin.traver@chrobinson.com
Michael Czubik

United States

#18 Mar 7, 2007
I'm deeply sad to have just read about John. When I lived in the Western 'burbs of Chicago the 80's, I had the honor of playing with him & I was always in awe of his abilities. My prayers go out to his family & I pray he is found safe.
Natalie Monarch

Boulder, CO

#19 Mar 7, 2007
I am Debbie and Jim Spira's cousin (Jim Spira is John's first cousin)and want the entire Spira family to know that we are praying for John.

Our hearts and thoughts are with you.
Natalie Monarch
Boulder, Colorado
Debe Welch

Mount Prospect, IL

#20 Mar 8, 2007
I've put the word out through my email list. My band and I continue to pray for John's safe return. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. John's out there somewhere. Please keep the community updated. If ANYONE knows ANYTHING, please contact:
Leslie G. Spira
lspira@ameritech.net

Someone knows something. His family needs your help!!!

Debe Welch
The Debe Welch Band

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City administrator aims to put TIF issue to rest Tue judge judy 5
the chatroom 4 girls with boy problems (Aug '07) May 25 sara2345 278
News COD Offers Classes Promoting Firearm Safety thi... May 25 Dr David 1
Lombard Ale Fest May 22 Anonymous 1
Brian Nord (Jul '12) May 21 Ryan Piccolin 28
News Accused doctor now faces drug charges May 21 ZIOTARDS Rule 5
Michael King Mar '15 abc 1
More from around the web

Winfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE