Heckel's Marina closes its doors

Heckel's Marina closes its doors

There are 17 comments on the Vilas County News-Review story from Sep 16, 2008, titled Heckel's Marina closes its doors. In it, Vilas County News-Review reports that:

Heckel's Marina in Eagle River closed its doors for good last Saturday despite the company's announcement in late August that it was "business as usual" at its Eagle River and Lake DuBay marinas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vilas County News-Review.

Rick Picard

United States

#1 Sep 16, 2008
I noticed Heckels closed all it's doors in Eagle River saw info on their website.
heckelsbankruptcy.com Looks like the Bamk took over and has 24hr guards posted so now it will be a pain to get your boat back.I feel Sorry for the employees
Dude

Wheeling, IL

#2 Oct 14, 2008
cool
Dan Howard

Smithfield, VA

#3 Oct 24, 2008
Heckels has been there forever, what a shame....
john

Lake Geneva, WI

#5 Jan 28, 2009
doesn't surprise me in the least. I own a MAlibu, and every time I have gone there they were complete jerks. The kids had been running the place, and they ran it alright, run it into the ground.

ANother good example of nepotism resulting in failure.
Tasha Goodger

Castle Rock, CO

#6 Jan 31, 2009
Hey if this is the same Rick that I worked with at the Sun Prairie location, I'm wondering how we're going to get our W-4's. I can't file my tax return until I get that. I hope the job thing worked out for you. Andy and I are in Colorado now because I got laid off AGAIN from the job I got after Heckel's.
Anonymous

AOL

#7 Feb 3, 2009
I've seen a lot of people posting complaints on here, but this isn't enough. I urge anyone that's ever had a problem with any business to do a search on the following organizations and please file a complaint, even if you were able to work out the problem and got what you deserve. Why? So that your neighbors, even strangers, and your friends and families don't have to go through any of the hardships caused by dishonest business'. I always file a complaint even though sometimes it doesn't help. If anything, I at least feel better about the possibility that I've helped someone else.

A good idea is to type out your complaint then simply copy and paste to as many consumer protection web sites as you can. This will save you some time and also to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.

Here are just some of the many places to file complaints. You'll also find a lot of useful information.

The Better Business Bureau

Federal Trade Commission - Won't do anything unless they receive a number of complaints.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

RipOff Report. com

Home Owners Against Deficient Dwellings (HADD)

Wisconsin Dept. of Commerce - Another "do nothing" state agency, but worth a shot.

Wisconsin Dept. of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection

Consumer.gov

ConsumerAffairs.com
Tasha

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Mar 13, 2011
Okay, have you EVER had to go through this!!! Being laid off and having to move to a different state to move in with your psychotic mother while you're married! Shut your face you anonymous ass. This was real for the people who worked for Heckels and it irritates me with all of my being that your self righteous person accredited yourself with having the priveledge of getting on to this thread and posting what you think is right. Until you have this experience, shut the fuck up!!! This is real for the families involved with this company so butt out you idiot.
John Gardner

Spencer, WI

#9 Jul 4, 2011
Sounds like Tasha should have been there to tell them not to steal the money from the floor planners and to not burn so many customers like they were marks. They always cried the economy and boo hoo hoo but none of the other marinas went out of business, Maybe there just picking on the marinas that rip people off!
What makes me sick is people sticking up for those criminals, they burned 30 little businesses in Eagle River, Not huge businesses but little mom and pop businesses. Real big high rollers in the old Hummer boy they sure were wealthy.Didn't own a dime all Bank Money.
Phantomblack

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#10 Jul 6, 2011
You hit the nail right on the head there buddy!!!!! My marina is alive and well.
James P

Spencer, WI

#11 Oct 29, 2011
It's just about time to start investigating for Bankruptcy fraud There are rumors they hid a lot of their assets from the creditors before they filed for Bankruptcy.
Webb

Eagle River, WI

#12 Jan 19, 2012
Saw where Bob Heckels wife left him. Guess when the money dries up so does the "So called love" thats no surprise to anyone that ran across her in their travels.She should have thought twice about that one she was no Trophy wife to be sure.
Dave S

Eagle River, WI

#13 Jan 24, 2012
Well it's part her fault for always wanting more and more and constantly running up hospital bills for him. not that it would have helped. They really were stupid in business They started out with money they got from their mothers hard work at her restaurant then kept taking out loan after loan after loan. They never actually built the business it was given to them and in the end their poor mother loses all her money and has a huge tax bill thanks to them. They pretended to be businessmen but in reality they were spoiled punks that couldn't manage anything correctly total FOOLS!
Roger L

Madison, WI

#14 Mar 16, 2012
We used to come up and rent fishing boats from them. We tried them for 3 years and every year they screwed something up. Miss placed the reservation, didn't deliver the boat on time, didn't pick the boat up on time, it was always something. I'm surprised that they were open this long.
Typical

AOL

#15 Mar 16, 2012
Roger L wrote:
We used to come up and rent fishing boats from them. We tried them for 3 years and every year they screwed something up. Miss placed the reservation, didn't deliver the boat on time, didn't pick the boat up on time, it was always something. I'm surprised that they were open this long.
This is typical of most tourist oriented business's up there. They have an attitude and act like they're doing us a favor. As soon as they've got your money, service amd friendliness goes out the door. Just look at the posts about Cornerstone, St Germain Rentals, etc. elsewhere on topix. They're after a quick buck instead of being smart and realizing that if they don't rip us off, we'll come back and even recomend them to our friends. It's all about the cash to these people. They're tripping over $10 bills to pick up quarters.
Steve Hansen

Spencer, WI

#16 Mar 27, 2012
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
This is typical of most tourist oriented business's up there. They have an attitude and act like they're doing us a favor. As soon as they've got your money, service amd friendliness goes out the door. Just look at the posts about Cornerstone, St Germain Rentals, etc. elsewhere on topix. They're after a quick buck instead of being smart and realizing that if they don't rip us off, we'll come back and even recomend them to our friends. It's all about the cash to these people. They're tripping over $10 bills to pick up quarters.
Unless you live here you don't know the half of it, You could probably count the honest ones on two hands without exaggeration. If the tourists really knew they wouldn't come here. Those that have summer homes here have a fairly good idea, but to know what really goes on here between these ripoffs would make your hair stand on end. All certified crooks the whole bunch
Dan

AOL

#17 Mar 28, 2012
Well said Steve. I actually worked for a snowmobile rental place and they actually hated when their customers came in.
Bill

Crystal Lake, IL

#18 Jun 20, 2013
Went to the NAPA garage for an estimate last year. Tried to rip me off. Must have seen my out if state plates and thought they would make an easy buck. My brakes didn't need replacement. I said the left wheel bearing was bad and they wanted to
replace the right side for $500+.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old School D&D May '17 THEVS 1
News Driver Arrested For 5th OWI (Mar '11) Apr '17 Rough looking 7
News Windsor man faces charges for felony OWI, fourt... Apr '17 Angela M Heimann 1
News Sun Prairie man behind bars after 4th OWI arres... Mar '17 Angela Heimann 5x... 1
News Residents welcome city's first mosque (Aug '15) Mar '17 Angela Heimann 5x... 7
News Sun Prairie man arrested for 4th-offense OWI Mar '17 Angela Heimann 5x... 1
News Heroin User Found Unconscious Behind the Wheel (Nov '12) Nov '12 Storm Warning 1

Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Mortgages