State razes historic Windsor barn

State razes historic Windsor barn

There are 2 comments on the Barre-Montpelier Times-Argus story from Oct 4, 2007, titled State razes historic Windsor barn. In it, Barre-Montpelier Times-Argus reports that:

“It needed practically a whole new back side”

A piece of history crumbled away Wednesday morning. Workers from the Vermont Agency of Transportation took down a historic barn once owned by Academy Award-winning silent-era actress Marie Dressler. via Barre-Montpelier Times-Argus

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Barre-Montpelier Times-Argus.

john tsu

Natick, MA

#1 Oct 6, 2007
who the hell is Marie Dressler?
Ellen- Worcester MA

Hampden, MA

#2 Mar 10, 2008
I am so sorry to hear that the barn was razed. Before it was Marie Dressler's, it was part of the estate belonging to my Great Grandfather Arthur E. Mann, who owned the Mann and Sanborn Shoe Company and manufactured shoes in Windsor, hiring inmates of the local prison to work in the factory. The house burned down many years ago, and only the barn was left. Very Sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '17 DocHoliday 4
News 1 man dead after train strikes 2 in West Hartford (Nov '15) Nov '15 Calipracious 1
News The Fourteenth State: Vermont's eugenics experi... (Aug '15) Aug '15 harp 1
News Police: Vermont homicide suspect Jason Kendall ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 help 1
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison (Apr '15) Apr '15 jhimD 1
News Vermont man charged after allegedly sending lew... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Judith 1
H&H Deli (Dec '13) Dec '13 Blue 1

Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Mortgages