Vt. Foodbank to move into Book Press

Vt. Foodbank to move into Book Press

There are 5 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Oct 31, 2008, titled Vt. Foodbank to move into Book Press. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Starting Saturday, the Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation's Book Press will have a new tenant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Judith Louderback

Barre, VT

#1 Nov 5, 2008
This is very good news for southern Vermont. Deerfield Valley Food Pantry in Wilmington is seeing almost a 10% increase a month. It will be very helpful to reduce transportation costs and have easier access to food for our clients.
Tax Base

Rumney, NH

#2 Nov 5, 2008
Why take this property off the tax rolls by putting a non profit in a commercial / Industrial space. This is not good news.
bob audette

Putney, VT

#3 Nov 5, 2008
they are a renter, not an owner.

this won't affect tax base anymore than any other BDCC property.

should've mentioned that in the article.
Tax Base

Warwick, MA

#4 Nov 6, 2008
bob audette wrote:
they are a renter, not an owner.
this won't affect tax base anymore than any other BDCC property.
Oh. Well, still...it's a terrible idea. I mean, well, giving away food undermines tax-paying food retailers, I'll bet. And it gives lazy people an incentive not to work while hard workers pay taxes to support them. It's an outrage. Oh - and it attracts undesireable elements to the neighborhood. Those people should be arrested, not fed. That's why the Vermont economy is dead in the water, I tell ya. By contrast, just look at all the malls going up in Keene. Now THAT'S progress!
NAME STOLEN

Rumney, NH

#5 Nov 6, 2008
Tax Base wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Well, still...it's a terrible idea. I mean, well, giving away food undermines tax-paying food retailers, I'll bet. And it gives lazy people an incentive not to work while hard workers pay taxes to support them. It's an outrage. Oh - and it attracts undesireable elements to the neighborhood. Those people should be
arrested, not fed. That's why the Vermont economy is dead in the water, I tell ya. By contrast, just look at all the malls going up in Keene. Now THAT'S progress!
SOME JERK USING MY NAME HERE! I DONATE TO THE FOOD BANK ALL OF THE TIME! WHY NOT PUT A NON PROFIT INTO THE RIVER GARDEN, IT IS ALREADY OFF THE LIST?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Jan '16 Notgoingfast 3
News 1 man dead after train strikes 2 in West Hartford (Nov '15) Nov '15 Calipracious 1
News The Fourteenth State: Vermont's eugenics experi... (Aug '15) Aug '15 harp 1
News Police: Vermont homicide suspect Jason Kendall ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 help 1
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison (Apr '15) Apr '15 jhimD 1
News Vermont man charged after allegedly sending lew... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Judith 1
H&H Deli (Dec '13) Dec '13 Blue 1

Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Mortgages