Teen faces charges for alcohol parties

Teen faces charges for alcohol parties

There are 4 comments on the Rutland Herald story from Jan 26, 2008, titled Teen faces charges for alcohol parties. In it, Rutland Herald reports that:

“But we don't have to prove that.”

Three dozen underage drinkers from the Springfield area have been recommended to the court diversion program, while the underage host of the Saturday night party faces criminal charges for hosting the party. via Rutland Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rutland Herald.

Scott Ranney

New London, NH

#1 Feb 3, 2008
The drinking age should be eighteen, thats when you are an adult. We the older and so called wiser set think this is the way to handle this age group. Well i disagree strongly, they are citizens just as we are. America is the land of the free and home of the brave!! well it used to be lets stop making laws curtailing freedom shall we!!!!!!!
Andrew

Windsor, Canada

#2 Feb 6, 2008
Police should quit making a big deal about underage drinking. Most teens start drinking at about 16 and there's no way police can catch them all. They should let the ones they do catch off with a warning, tell their parents, or at the very most give them a underage drinking fine.
nobody

Newport, NH

#3 Aug 5, 2008
You know, back when I was younger...we drank, we were responsible however, and that has changed. Kids aren't as responsible now, as they once were.

I don't "disagree" fully that the age shouldn't be 18, I think if one is old enough to fight for their country, they should be able to enjoy a beer...HOWEVER....kids keep showing the world they can't be responsible, so how can the world say "ok, your responsible enough to drink".
Lets Rassle

Claremont, NH

#4 Nov 3, 2008
Well I agree with some of the posts on this subject I also have issues with others. Therefore, I withhold further judgement on this. I say we arm rassle for a decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '17 DocHoliday 4
News 1 man dead after train strikes 2 in West Hartford (Nov '15) Nov '15 Calipracious 1
News The Fourteenth State: Vermont's eugenics experi... (Aug '15) Aug '15 harp 1
News Police: Vermont homicide suspect Jason Kendall ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 help 1
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison (Apr '15) Apr '15 jhimD 1
News Vermont man charged after allegedly sending lew... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Judith 1
H&H Deli (Dec '13) Dec '13 Blue 1

Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Mortgages